TJohl
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

wic_x86_enu.exe

[Post New]by TJohl on Oct 29, 08 2:42 PM
I have read a few of the postings about Casebook and realize that I am not the only person with this wic problem. I have tried finding it to download to no avail. I am not a computer wiz, but I don't think that I am stupid either. In the posting by bfgAegean, they said that we would be alerted when they found a solution to this. Can someone please tell us how or approximately when! I truely begrudge paying for a game that I have not been able to try only to find out that it will not work. Not right I have paid for it. If I had purchased it in a store I would have been able to take it back and get a refund. So does anyone out there have the answers.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Re:wic_x86_enu.exe

[Post New]by bfgErie on Oct 29, 08 2:48 PM
Hi TJohl,

We are still working on a solution to this error. Once we have found a way to correct this problem, one of the moderators will post an announcement on the forums. We apologize for the trouble and we hope to have this fixed soon.

bfgErie

Blenny
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:wic_x86_enu.exe

[Post New]by Blenny on Oct 30, 08 2:27 AM
I am somewhat disappointed that after having to wait for so long for a fully compatable fix (I have tried the deleting files recommended and install the wic file from microsoft - to then have the frustration of now getting the card or shader error, and have not yet located a recommended fix for that problem!) that we now have to continue to monitor the forums for a fix when available from the developers (which considering the apparent lack of testing of the original game for faults, I am dubious as to their capabilities to come up with a universal fix - as there seems to numerous issues related to this game).

Surely BFG have records of all their customers who have purchased this game, could they not issue a mailing to those customers to confirm when the fix is available and a link to it in the e-mail notification. Even for those who have the pleasure of being able to currently play this game would have no objections to receiving this advise and just delete it if all is working well for them (lucky little blighters).

I have been hunting for fix for days and must admit am getting to the point where I wonder if it's worth it!

Sorry to have a bit of rant - 1st and probably only ever post but just needed to have a rant as was really looking forward tro this game.

Go to: