SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Unlocking the bonus games

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 11, 18 5:23 PM
I noticed if you aren't playing in timed mode the scoring isn't very high and it appears difficult to get all the bonus games on the first map unlocked. When I played the first time through in advanced timed, I'd gotten all the bonus games completed by around level 65. But am now in advanced limited moves, and only 9 of 50 bonus games have unlocked by level 40! Since I'm guessing that a SE of this game will come out later, it seems like it would be really difficult to get all the content unlocked if there were only 1 map to play through?

The bonus M3 games are quite challenging, particularly the race mode ones, so perhaps the intention was to leave them for hardcore players only, but still seems like a pain to have to replay levels over and over just to get all the bonus games unlocked if one isn't a fan of timed mode.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Unlocking the bonus games

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 11, 18 5:57 PM
Stupid me - it helps to actually play the bonus games as they unlock to help one's score! The unlocking process still seems much slower than it was in advanced timed though.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Feb 12, 18 12:39 PM
I wasn't going to mention this, but since you're on the subject....I had thought that I would be able to unlock the bonus M3 games faster than in the beta. I noticed however, that my score wasn't accumulating as fast as it should to unlock all of them by the time I finished the regular map. But, as each of the "puzzle" M3 games unlocked, I would play them. I didn't play the race mode games as they unlocked, because I was planning on playing those after I completed all 180 levels. I also thought that my score would catch up in the extra map levels --- BUT--- when I went into the extra map for level 121, my score started back at zero, I had no spells, hammer or anything! I even got an occasional tutorial. When I go back to the regular map - levels 1 thru 120 - the score has been reset also, but still shows that I completed all of the regular levels!

I have tried replaying the final scene, or replaying level 120, or even accessing the extra map from both of the ways you can access it. I don't know what I could have done wrong. Maybe I chose the wrong option (don't remember), but why would there be an option to reset the score to 0 for levels 121 - 180? Especially since you need the accumulated score from the first map to access the rest of the bonus M3 games.

I guess I'll have to start over under a new profile at some point in time (if I want to play all the bonus M3 games), but I would like to figure out what happened.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 13, 18 8:15 AM
That sounds like a glitch. I didn't have my score reset on me anywhere the first time I played and the points kept going up even through all the CE extras like the jigsaws. Did you report that to the developer? I sent them a link to my zipped save game file folder because I'd uncovered glitches in some of the mahjong games so they might want to see yours as well.

When I got to the second map, all 29 bonus games in the second map were already unlocked with no scoring requirement at all. It's only the first map that the 50 extra games there need up to 1.3 million (?) to get them all available.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 15, 18 7:27 PM
Bonus game weirdness: In both my profiles I'd noticed all the bonus games in the CE map 2 were automatically unlocked as soon as I was able to access map 2. But I've somehow managed to make all the bonus games on map 2 after #13 re-lock on my second profile! My map now has scoring requirements showing for the remaining bonus games which obviously wasn't there before. I did manage to unlock the next bonus game with enough points, but will keep on playing more later to see if this keeps up.

Edited on 02/15/2018 at 7:28:35 PM PST

Go to: