pretzl
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

apollo chariot

[Post New]by pretzl on Jun 19, 10 11:19 AM
I can't get the chariot to take me up. I have followed walkthrough and everything goes as it says but when I take the weights out of the chariot nothing happens. When I step off it goes up. It is on a bad day. What could I be doing wrong. Have tried at least 20 times. Help!

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Re:apollo chariot

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jun 19, 10 4:18 PM
If you will follow the link in the PM that I sent you earlier, there are complete videos following the one that I sent you that cover the entire game. Just continue on by clicking on the user who posted the video and find the latter episodes, maybe ep. 18 or 20 or so.

pretzl
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pretzl on Jun 20, 10 5:17 AM
Hi
I looked at the video. I have done exactly what it shows several times. The chariot stays on the ground. Must be a glitch.
Thanks for reply.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jun 20, 10 6:26 AM
It took me several tries to get that, as well. My version did not need the sandbags, as I was having a "good day". Go to the link for the walkthrough here in the forum. The Big Fish Walkthrough is a very good one. Follow directions closely, counting the weights, tying the rope down, adding more weights, and then taking them off. If it still doesn't work, backtrack and see if you missed a step or two or forgot to pick something up.

pretzl
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pretzl on Jun 20, 10 8:55 AM
Thanks but I really have backtracked and done everything in the order of the walkthrough and the video. I started again from an earlier save and still no joy. I counted carefully. The video shows a bad day.
Very frustrating. The only difference is the walkthrough said I needed to use the wooden frame to make a new canonball which I didn't have to. So I still have the frame in my inventory.I have tried to get rid of it. I don't have an early enough save to allow me to do the whole stone throwing again and can't face playing the whole game again at this late stage.Did you collect the wooden frame or was it only a "bad day" object. I would be interested to know if it was still in your inventory after you got the chariot
tx again

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jun 20, 10 10:36 AM
I didn't need to make a new cannonball either, as mine didn't break - good day. You must have missed something. Did you go back outside and piece together the broken fragments and decipher the plaque? Did you make a sieve with the frame and did the sand out near the broken plaque to see if there are more pieces? You have to click on everything and see dialog or hear the character speak. If you don't click it, the program doesn't register that you accomplished a task. I have had to go back several times myself to do this. The count and number of weights and hearing him say, hmm, with one weight only, the chariot seems to be balanced. All these things will trigger the next action and can't go to the next step till you find that one thing you missed.

pretzl
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pretzl on Jun 22, 10 2:43 AM
I hadn't made the sieve but both the walkthrough and the video say this comes after the chariot. I have tried to do that now. I found more puzzle pieces with the sieve but am still missing 2 pieces. Walkthrough says bags of sand has extra pieces. I have emptied the bag but extra pieces aren't there.I think the problem is earlier. I have done everything many times. I am disappointed but I thank you for trying to help. I think I shall give up now.

apollo chariot

[Post New]by joan7341 on Feb 6, 12 9:37 AM
pretzl wrote:I can't get the chariot to take me up. I have followed walkthrough and everything goes as it says but when I take the weights out of the chariot nothing happens. When I step off it goes up. It is on a bad day. What could I be doing wrong. Have tried at least 20 times. Help!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 6, 12 10:35 AM
Hi pretzl and everyone,

I just wanted to stop in and offer any extra help. If your game isn't responding as it should even after checking the video/walkthrough - I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This won't lose your spot in the game but can help if it's not acting like it should.

If it doesn't work after that I'd get in contact with our Tech Support team and one of our reps would be happy to help out.

Hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

Go to: