Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Heroes of Hellas 4: Birth of Legend here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 12, 18 12:49 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/12/2018 at 8:18:52 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Heroes of Hellas 4: Birth of Legend here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 12, 18 8:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Eggnoggin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Eggnoggin on Feb 16, 18 12:34 PM
Is there a way to make the game stop showing possible moves? I have help/hints turned off, but still, if I hesitate for more than a couple of seconds, tiles start dancing to show me available moves. Annoying!

I'm posting here under tech issues, because it may be that the option to not show hints is buggy. Thanks!

Edited on 02/16/2018 at 12:35:12 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 16, 18 1:03 PM
Hello Eggnoggin,

I'm swimming over to provide an answer. After taking a look at the game, there doesn't appear to be a way to turn off the 'suggested moves' feature, and I apologize for the annoyance it causes. Thank you for reaching out to us and for your understanding. You're always welcome to PM me or another moderator if questions arise in the future, too. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

chr960
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by chr960 on Feb 18, 18 2:02 PM
hi, I have recently installed this game which I think is awesome, but I am at the Medusa level (not sure what number level it is) and the game freezes - nothing, just stops. there is no way to get out apart from shutting off my computer. can you help please? I am using Windows 10 and have not had any problems in the past with any other game. hope you have enough information

thanks

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 18, 18 2:38 PM
Hi chr960,

I'm sorry to hear about that! It looks like this was also posted in the main welcome thread for this forum, and I went into a details reply there. If you'd like to check it out, here's a link to the post:

Welcome to Heroes of Hellas 4: Birth of Legend forum

I'll go ahead and quickly go over the suggested troubleshooting here as well. The following articles can be really helpful for freezing issues, since they're designed to improve the way a game and computer get along. Here are a few links with some great tips:

Windows 10

If these tips don't resolve the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team. You can also PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by bdonnell on Feb 19, 18 3:14 PM
Puzzle 10: Left side bottom bomb will not light until bomb above it detonates with lightning bolt so I can't finish. Game tells me: No more moves and I'm left with 2 lit bombs above chained yellow keys and no way to activate the bombs.

Not sure if this is a "ID10T" issue--me? or a game glitch issue?

Edited on 02/19/2018 at 7:06:42 PM PST

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Feb 20, 18 1:05 AM
bdonnell wrote:Puzzle 10: Left side bottom bomb will not light until bomb above it detonates with lightning bolt so I can't finish. Game tells me: No more moves and I'm left with 2 lit bombs above chained yellow keys and no way to activate the bombs.

Not sure if this is a "ID10T" issue--me? or a game glitch issue?

Do the bottom dark blue+lightning on both sides LAST.

Remove all other tiles, you have enough orange tiles to activate the Hero. He will turn the Hades stones next to the last two bombs on both sides into a bomb.
Then, when you finally set off the lightning, there are 3 bombs going off, not just two, and the chained monoliths with the keys are removed, the keys can drop.

smjjames
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by smjjames on Feb 21, 18 9:12 AM
Level 7-15 has the potential to get stuck in an endless loop of 'no more moves', when I did the blue winged piece, one of the yellow pieces got hit with an enchantment and it got stuck in a loop. I couldn't even press esc to bring up the pause menu, had to force close the game.

Didn't happen the second time, but the fact that it happened the first time shows the potential is there.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 21, 18 3:15 PM
Hey smjjames,

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. I'm glad you were able to get around this issue and complete the level! I'll go ahead and pass along your report to the appropriate teams. We really appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us!

bfgArinelle

dollfaye
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by dollfaye on Feb 28, 18 3:06 PM
I'm really wanting to love this game but it started having problems as soon as I bought it after playing the demo. My cursor is just lagging, freezing, and literally disappearing at times. This is with both the game and system cursor. I am playing on a brand new gaming PC, have had no problem with other applications, and have tried reloading the game. Any tips?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 28, 18 6:10 PM
Hello dollfaye,

I'm sorry Heroes of Hellas 4: Birth of Legend has a lagging cursor. Let's see what we can do to fix this.

First, please try updating the computer's video card driver. I'd also recommend running the game in Administrator Mode. Both processes (which are outlined in the help pages below) will improve the game's relationship with the computer:

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

cowclaudia
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

No click to continue

[Post New]by cowclaudia on Mar 1, 18 7:35 AM
Have had two instances so far where I go to start a level, it shows what your goals are but no click to continue message and I'm stuck there, and can't go out of the game so have to shut down my system and back in again to get rid of it. Very annoying.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 1, 18 11:29 AM
Hi cowclaudia,

It sounds like things are freezing up while playing. One thing I wanted to suggest right away is closing out of the game using the Task Manager instead of shutting down the entire system when something like this happens. To do this for a Windows computer, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to bring up a list of options. One of those will be "Task Manager," and clicking on it brings up another box with a list of running programs. Highlight the frozen program (such as the game) and press Delete to close it out. This should get things unstuck so the computer doesn't need to be restarted.

For the freezing itself, we can try some troubleshooting steps from one of our help articles. These steps are designed to improve the relationship between the game and computer by making sure the best updates and resources are available. The help article we can use for this situation is located here:

Should that not resolve the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team. You may also send a PM to me or another one of our Moderators if there are leftover questions. We'll do all we can to help.

bfgArinelle

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Mar 1, 18 12:23 PM
I've already played this game twice. Now I'm having issues. When I try to uninstall it, it says the game is playing. I can't even uninstall from the computer settings. When I click the game to play it, it doesn't play. So... I have a game I can't play and take off my computer. Not sure what to do here. Anyone else with this problem?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 1, 18 12:34 PM
Hi karenmusik,

I'm sorry about the trouble uninstalling the game. This can happen if the computer thinks one of the game's files is still in use. The easiest way around this is usually to restart the computer, and then trying to uninstall the game using the uninstall steps from this article:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

If that still isn't doing the trick, our next best step is to uninstall the game through the computer's program list. The way to access this list can vary depending on the operating system, but a good general rule for Windows computers is to type "uninstall a program" into the search box either at the lower-left of the screen or visible after pressing the Start button (the one with the Windows logo). Once that search finishes, click on "Uninstall a Program" to open up another window. In that window will be a list of all the program installed on the computer. Scroll through it, click on the game in the list, and then click on the "Uninstall/Change" button at the top of the list.

If there are still troubles after that, please contact our Technical Support Team. Our Moderators are also happy to provide some additional details, so feel free to PM us at any time.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by OpalSapphire on Apr 4, 18 6:09 PM
The game has played well with no problems until level 7-12 and 13. It has frozen twice on these levels. I have had to ctrl-alt-delete to close the game. When I restart it, it picks up again at the beginning of the level it froze on and plays with no problems until the next level.

aoakley455
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by aoakley455 on Apr 11, 18 3:41 AM
I've had the game freeze several times while playing it. ( Usually at least once a day) Have to go to task manager and of course it says the game is not responding. Have to close out and start over. Haven't had this many problems with a game in awhile.

Go to: