Re:Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Jul 21, 14 7:34 AM
Also, meant to let you know I have had quests that I cannot complete. One has been there for over 3 months. It is a quest to complete a mini game that I don't have available to me yet.

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Jul 21, 14 8:05 AM
One more item. All of a sudden I can longer auction any of the Special items. When I select one put in a beginning and ending price it says that there was an error and to please try again later. I've been trying to auction these items for over three weeks with the same end result.

danie56
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by danie56 on Jul 22, 14 6:27 AM
in the auction when I bought the money go, but when I sell something does'nt

synnora
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by synnora on Jul 22, 14 3:58 PM
I played this over a year ago, back then the game was a disaster. I decided to give it another try a month ago. I was pleasantly surprised, the auction was functioning very well, I could give and recieve gifts and most importantly; didnt get logged in to other peoples account when I played, resulting in different amounts of money, gold and resources every time. That was until I reached level 38.

Today, suddenly I ended up in another town where every building was pink and fully upgraded, I had thousands of resources and at level 68. It showed my username when logged in but it was definietly not my game. How can I get back my original game? I feel a little addicted to this game, but I cant enjoy it when it's really not my progress etc. The auction part was my favorite but I bet it wont work right when Im in someone elses game.

I have deleted an reinstalled the game but I still ended up on the other players game.

Edited on 07/22/2014 at 4:19:35 PM PST

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Jul 22, 14 11:59 PM
Playing most recent version using BF Game Manager on Win 7x64. I just resumed playing after a six month hiatus. My only issue thus far is that when I minimize my game (by deselecting Full Screen under Options), I can't restore it. It just comes up with a black screen and then goes back to my task bar, where I have to close the game by right clicking the icon.

Since I really like to read the Forum while I play, this is rather annoying. I know the first answer is re-install, but I'm wondering if it is connected to the way do or do not update my PC - for example I do not install most Windows updates. I did just recently install the newest version of Java and I'm thinking that might be the issue.

Thanks

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jul 23, 14 3:24 AM
@JB4510: I don't have a solutution to your problem, but I think I can give you a way to circumvent it:
Open your browser first, then start the game in full screen mode.
You should now be able to toggle between the two using the key combination Alt-Tab.
For those of you who might not know: Tab is the key directly left of the letter Q (on a qwerty keyboard - yes, other keyboards do exist. Really. ).

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 23, 14 5:31 PM
I have been toggling between the windows desktop and the game - on the laptop I use, I don't have the ability to make the game window smaller. Took me a while to figure it out but have been using it ever since.... Dirk, I have enough trouble with the standard keyboard, I don't even want to think about other types.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 23, 14 8:27 PM
A couple pages back there were some posts about keepsakes not increasing in the amount that were anticipated. I just used the Royal Scepter for 50% increase in coins and it was right on with increase with each item. Played it before using the keepsake and then with; multiplied the original coin by 1.5 and it was perfect.

While it might vary between keepsakes, or even between games... I don't know.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Jul 24, 14 4:35 AM
Dirk_Tee wrote:@JB4510: I don't have a solutution to your problem, but I think I can give you a way to circumvent it:
Open your browser first, then start the game in full screen mode.
You should now be able to toggle between the two using the key combination Alt-Tab.
For those of you who might not know: Tab is the key directly left of the letter Q (on a qwerty keyboard - yes, other keyboards do exist. Really. ).

Thanks for the tip. It works in general, so that is much more convenient than going back and forth between programs or minimizing and moving things on the screen so I can see everything at once. With the game however, it still has trouble going back to display. It has now come back up once or twice, both using the keyboard shortcut and manual methods, but most of the time, I'm still stuck with a black screen that quickly minimizes itself back to the toolbar. I'm guessing it's a problem on my end, probably with my drivers or display adapters. Will update those items and see if it corrects the problem.

Thanks again though for the shortcut. That is one I never knew.

[Post New]by Ice_Dragon1 on Jul 25, 14 10:39 AM
When I was trying to put the amber together, I could not move the pieces up or down, just side to side, clicked the go back to town, when I went back it was together.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jul 26, 14 1:07 AM
Ice_Dragon1 wrote:When I was trying to put the amber together, I could not move the pieces up or down, just side to side, clicked the go back to town, when I went back it was together.

The movement of the amber shards is kind of restricted, but they can all be moved to their right place, so you should be able to finish it. Try using your hint buddy (dog or cat) to get the first piece in place and it might get easier.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

Customizations

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Jul 26, 14 9:01 AM
I have customized the Butterfly house with lavender, and I have put the koi flags on the wharf. However, the game only lists one customization so far. After waiting 30+ hours it would be really nice to see the darned thing listed. Today I have to do the purple bone thing on the pet store; I'm hoping this one will list when it's finished.

[Post New]by dmariemcc on Jul 29, 14 10:17 PM
My points for leveling up are stuck at 99, 999, 999, 999. I've tried several times logging out and back in again.

[Post New]by orly88 on Aug 1, 14 1:29 PM
My multiplier for playing multiple days in a row seems to have disappeared a while ago.

SPICeGRAN
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by SPICeGRAN on Aug 2, 14 12:08 AM
I have been playing this game for two days. When I logged on today it said that I have played 86 days. Somehow I think my Awakening Kingdom gameplay is crossing over. I've played AK for more days than that, though.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Aug 2, 14 12:43 PM
For the last three days I have not gotten credit for my auction items to be bought for daily quest. I have bought and paid for and gotten letter within the quest time. Please fix this as I will not buy three of same item anymore to win quest.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Aug 2, 14 9:44 PM
Well it happened again. I won the auction, cleared one note , went to see, no credit for wining. So went back to letters clicked on second win, still no reward. I will play no more auction quests until this is fixed. Please leave the auctions out of the daily quests. Lets do something fun and win our rewards. I am out of over $100,000.in money that I do use otherwise. Please do something. A very unhappy player.

[Post New]by Taranp on Aug 3, 14 12:41 PM
I'm getting a new windows pc and I don't want to lose my progress. I registered my email on the game when I was prompted, but how will that help me get my game back?

[Post New]by HappyReading on Aug 3, 14 10:07 PM
I just ran into a problem for the 2nd or 3rd time: the screen goes mostly white. All screens, the main town windows, the HOS screens, the mini-game screens - at least all the ones I've tried. Exiting and restarting the game seem to clear whatever is happening but it is weird.
I tried the painter's mini-game where you have to find the objects that don't belong; it worked in that I could click on the objects and it counted down properly; was very easy since the objects were standing out on the white screen and the painting was not showing!
The town HOS screen also showed objects on a white background but I couldn't see the list of what I was supposed to find and clicking on the objects did nothing. The green x button did show so I was able to exit the screen.
I took a couple of pictures with my phone and would be happy to send them & the game file to the developers if someone would supply instructions. I'm running Windows XP with service pack 3 on a desktop.

[Post New]by HappyReading on Aug 3, 14 10:30 PM
I've also run into a problem on my iPad. When I first tried to download the game, I was away from my WiFi and running Sprint instead. I got a message that WiFI was required for the download. OK, waited till I was home, switched to WiFi, and was able to download.
So I'm level 17 on the iPad. Every time I click on Collections or Friends, I get a message that I'm not connecting to the internet. I made sure I was on WiFi and sat right in front of my Comcast router and still got the message that I needed a stronger connection. Since I could do internet and email, I was certainly connected to the internet. Exact message:
"This feature needs a strong internet connection to function properly. The game will automatically reconnect your session once connection is restored."

Since I was able to download the game in the first place, I'm rather puzzled.
When I click on the Auction icon, I get a message that I need to upgrade the Auction House. So I can see not being able to participate in auctions until that is done but I don't see why that should affect Friends or the Collections.

I can see the collections and open them after the message goes away. I get the same message when I click on an item in a collection and then click "find auction".
Since I finally had the glue available, I just started the Auction House update. I'll check tonight and see if that changes anything. The 1st upgrade to the Post Office is already done.

Also, the drops in the city HOS for mini-game "supplies" like envelopes, etc., are almost non-existent. One, if I'm lucky.

Go to: