bfgIlinalta
3,524 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 18, 17 1:54 PM
Hello Sleepyone7,

I'm sorry that those issues are continuing. It appears my colleague may have provided the wrong forum to post this issue about the Android version of Gummy Drop!, but I definitely would like to follow up to clarify this issue real fast.

The right teams are aware of an issue where some players on Android are reporting some trouble playing. At this time, we haven't heard back regarding this investigation, but do know that the right teams are hard at work investigating. My recommendation is to keep an eye out for an update or the app store page where Gummy Drop! was downloaded

For further discussion of Android Gummy Drop! issues, please be sure to post to the following thread instead:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gummy Drop! Mobile here!

The above thread should lead to the Gummy Drop! Mobile technical issues thread, instead of the Midnight Castle technical issues thread. Apologies again for that previous link that brought you here, and I hope this helps should you need to report more issues in the mobile version of Gummy Drop! or wish to continue discussing the issue being experienced.

Thank you all for your time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and I hope this helps out with that.

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
574 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Dec 18, 17 6:45 PM
I am planning on transferring both my Kindle games to my Chromebook because of the problem with crashing and having to close out/force stop and reopen the game so often.
My main game seems to be fine and is keeping my progress.

My problem is that after setting up my second profile on my Chromebook and downloading the game with google play, every time I log off and go back into the that game it keeps my new player number, but restarts the game at the intro all over again. Every time.
I'm afraid to have CS transfer my game over at this time...I know I'll be fine with the main game, but I'm afraid that my second game/profile will keep starting from scratch each time it's opened even after they transfer it.
I followed the directions for setting a "second user". Is there a trick to setting up and keeping a second game on a Chromebook?

Janet

bfgBeruna
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 19, 17 1:00 PM
Hello Janet,

It sounds like the progress for a Midnight Castle game keeps resetting. Generally the Moderation Team recommends storing one game per device. Keeping two games on the same device can sometimes cause glitches, like the progress resetting. If you do choose to keep two games on your Chromebook, we'd recommend creating to separate user profiles.

I'd also suggest running the game in Administrator Mode, to give it as many permissions as possible. The help page below will guide you through that process.

Update Video Card Driver (Computer)

If any more questions arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator. We'll be happy to help!

bfgBeruna

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
574 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Dec 19, 17 2:35 PM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Janet,

It sounds like the progress for a Midnight Castle game keeps resetting. Generally the Moderation Team recommends storing one game per device. Keeping two games on the same device can sometimes cause glitches, like the progress resetting. If you do choose to keep two games on your Chromebook, we'd recommend creating to separate user profiles.

I'd also suggest running the game in Administrator Mode, to give it as many permissions as possible. The help page below will guide you through that process.

<a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002266487">Update Video Card Driver (Computer)</a>

If any more questions arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/672145.page">moderator</a>. We'll be happy to help!

bfgBeruna

I am running the second game on a separate profile and using administrator mode. the Update Video Card Driver is not of help.

Edited to say: The Chromebook does not run windows. Which is why the link info above doesn't help. It runs Chrome OS / Android.

Edited on 12/20/2017 at 5:51:33 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,524 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 20, 17 12:29 PM
Hello kthreads,

I'm sorry for the link that was provided by my colleague. That one would be unable to provide assistance for running a game as an Administrator for a Chromebook as they do run a version of the Android operating system. While there are methods available to run the game as an Administrator for a Chromebook, we recommend using help guides available for the specific device and operating system being used to run a game as an Administrator.

I do wish to reiterate that the game is not designed to create multiple Friend Codes for the same device. The game assigned a unique identifier to each device when they install and play the game, and players are generally unable to run two separate progress files on the same device.

Trying to do this may lead to one or both progress files encountering errors, not being saved properly, or entirely losing their progress due to this unique identifier being provided in this manner. While some players have been able to run multiple progress files on the same device, this is not recommended and may encounter the issues being reported. Players have found limited success in the past with two separate user accounts, but it sounds like this may not be working for this particular situation and I have no further recommendations on how to ensure that both progress files function on the same device.

If you'd like additional assistance with your progress, such as if it is reset or lost, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with the Friend Code of the progress you would like assistance with and the new Friend Code in the case of lost progress. Our Reps are always happy to help out as best they can and will get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and I apologize again for that inaccurate link that was provided earlier. I hope this clarifies that the game is not designed to run two separate progress files on the same device and may encounter errors for players attempting to do so. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
574 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Dec 20, 17 6:06 PM
bfgIlinalta wrote:Hello kthreads,

I'm sorry for the link that was provided by my colleague. That one would be unable to provide assistance for running a game as an Administrator for a Chromebook as they do run a version of the Android operating system. While there are methods available to run the game as an Administrator for a Chromebook, we recommend using help guides available for the specific device and operating system being used to run a game as an Administrator.

I do wish to reiterate that the game is not designed to create multiple Friend Codes for the same device. The game assigned a unique identifier to each device when they install and play the game, and players are generally unable to run two separate progress files on the same device........ bfgIlinalta

Thank you for answering. I think my only choice is to run my main Kindle game on my Chromebook so that I can at least get that game back to not crashing all the time like it does on the Kindle.

My 2ndary game I will probably stop playing. Yet again today while trying to gift friends while I await an answer to my CS that is on file, it crashed three times.

This has become such a huge issue that quite a few players on Kindles, just don't want to play anymore. I can't understand why the devs can't figure the problem out. It wasn't always like this. Up until Fall of 2016, I was able to play for hours on my Kindle and never crash. Then I downloaded the Fall event in 2016 and all the crashes began.
It's a shame, because it used to be a fun game to play.

Janet

bfgBeruna
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 21, 17 10:56 AM
Hello Janet,

Your understanding is sincerely appreciated. I'm deeply sorry we haven't been able to do more to resolve this issue; I definitely understand not wanting to play Midnight Castle if it keeps crashing. The Moderation Team will keep everyone up to date about this, and please don't hesitate to reach out to one of us if questions or concerns arise.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Ziminar on Dec 22, 17 8:24 PM
I bought a table from someone, who apparently played the game how do I wipe that game from the tablet so I can start fresh

bfgBeruna
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 23, 17 12:45 PM
Hello Ziminar,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I definitely understand wanting to be able to play your own Midnight Castle game, so I'll provide some directions post haste.

First, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This should effectively get rid of the other game. I've provided a help article below that will guide you through this process:

Uninstalling & Reinstalling (Google Play)

Once you've reinstalled Midnight Castle, a new game should begin. If you have an older game and would like its progress transferred to the new profile on the tablet, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team and include both the old game's and the new game's Friend Codes. They'll be able to transfer your progress after receiving that information.

I hope this information provides help. Please PM me or another moderator if new questions arise. We'll be happy to help out.

bfgBeruna

Azevedina
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Azevedina on Jan 7, 18 9:03 AM
Hello,
Right now I'm pretty desperate! I'm level 33. With the help of the energy amulet, I had progressed a lot. I was where the knight says he has some issues with Anabel. The connection was cut and all the progress I'd made was lost! Meaning I have to do it all over again! Can you put me back where I was please, cause it's no fun when all your efforts were for nothing and it's not the first time this happened to me. Maybe it's a coincidence, but it happened every time when I'd used the energy amulet, which means you always loose a lot of progress. Maybe the amulet is bugged? My Id is: a918805 Azevedina

You can forget about this one. As before I've did the quests all over again, and I have progressed in the game right now. Let's hope this time my progress will be saved... But please do look into this problem, because it's really no fun if you have to start over again! Thanks! Azevedina

Edited on 01/07/2018 at 11:34:11 AM PST

bfgBeruna
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 9, 18 3:03 PM
Hello Azevedina,

I'm really sorry progress has been lost when the game crashes. I absolutely understand wanting to have that progress restored, and our Midnight Castle Support Team can definitely handle that for you. Please contact them and include your Friend Code with the inquiry. If you let them know what level had been reached and if any items went missing from the game's inventory, they'll help you as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if more questions arise. We'll always been happy to lend a hand.

bfgBeruna

Azevedina
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Azevedina on Jan 9, 18 3:15 PM
Thanks for your reply. I will most certainly do that if it crashes again.
Thanks for your help!
Azevedina

janwinley
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by janwinley on Jan 11, 18 12:38 AM
Been stuck on the airship task for 3 days, unable to complete it due to a glitch, contacted Help Desk straight away but as yet they haven't had chance to look at it which means the Christmas challenge is now over and I will not be able to finish the whole challenge. Very disappointed a923784

bfgBeruna
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 11, 18 4:35 PM
Hello janwinley,

I'm incredibly sorry that the Winter Event's Castle Challenge couldn't be completed due to a glitch with an airship. I'm also sincerely sorry that it's taken such a long time to receive a response. I've reached out to our Midnight Castle Support Team, so hopefully they'll be in contact shortly. Thank you so much for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me (or another moderator) if any more questions arise.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by ChantalK87 on Jan 12, 18 8:43 AM
Hi,

Why can I not play Midnight Castle on multiple devices? I have to start a new game every time I change my device.

Please advise whether I will be able to continue with my game on a different device?

bfgIlinalta
3,524 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 12, 18 10:49 AM
Hello ChantalK87,

Welcome to the forums! I can definitely clarify a bit on which device types can transfer progress between one another as well as how to get more assistance should a profile need to be transferred from one device to another. For Android devices, players are unable to transfer their progress between multiple devices. Players who are on an iOS device can use Facebook to save their progress and restore it on a different device, however Android devices are unable to do this. I apologize that this is the case.

If you need assistance transferring your progress to a new device, such as when a device breaks or when a new one is purchased, players are encouraged to provide their original progress' Friend Code and the Friend Code found on the new device after installing Midnight Castle to our Midnight Castle Support Team. Our Reps will be sure to follow up to continue assisting with transferring your progress to the new device.

If players ever lose their progress, they can also contact our team above with that information. If the original progress' Friend Code is unavailable, please provide our team as much detail about that progress as possible, such as level achieved, gold and diamonds available, pets and avatars earned, and username. Our Reps will use that to try to restore your progress as best they can.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 01/12/2018 at 10:51:00 AM PST

janwinley
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by janwinley on Jan 13, 18 3:57 AM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello janwinley,

I'm incredibly sorry that the Winter Event's Castle Challenge couldn't be completed due to a glitch with an airship. I'm also sincerely sorry that it's taken such a long time to receive a response. I've reached out to our <a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000558227">Midnight Castle Support Team</a>, so hopefully they'll be in contact shortly. Thank you so much for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me (or another <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/672145.page">moderator</a> if any more questions arise.

bfgBeruna

Thanks bigBeruna for responding, they did email me back suggesting couple of things that may help but neither made any difference. I have missed the last 4 days of the challenge which has now finished and I am also having major problems opening the game as the screen keeps freezing at 98% , if it gets that far. The airship is still not working at all I just get a very big sleigh with the timer, this happened when the challenge asked for 9 packed boxes, it was perfectly okay until then. I don't want to give up on the game as I completed it as far as possible and have over a million coins as well as over 500 diamonds, and I have enjoyed the game so far....regards Jan

[Post New]by Kloey2014 on Jan 13, 18 12:07 PM
I am playing on a Samsung Galaxy S5. I have lost my game. My player id is a519068 and I was on level 66. Can you help me get the game back onto my phone?
Thank you.

bfgBeruna
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 13, 18 12:35 PM
Hello janwinley and Kloey2014,

Thanks for your patience. I'm here to help you both.

janwinley: I'm sorry our Support Team's instructions haven't fixed the issue yet, and I want to thank you for the troubleshooting work that you've been doing. Please continue working with our Support Team; they're committed to finding a solution to this trouble with the airship.

Kloey2014: It's wonderful that you've provided your original game's Friend Code. If you send our Midnight Castle Support Team both the old game's and the new game's Friend Code then they'll be able to transfer your progress to the new profile.

I hope this information helps you both. If any more questions arise, please PM me or another moderator. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Kebens on Feb 11, 18 7:12 AM
On the daily challenge. Inside the dice series it is not recording the winnings properly. I have won 3 times but it still says 0 out of 3

Go to: