Slingo Quest Egypt

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Slingo Quest Egypt

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 20, 10 12:05 AM
Travel to Egypt for some Slingo fun! The devil has stolen the best level in the game, and it's up to you to help the Slingo Cherubs get it back! Meet new friends, each with their own Slingtastic power to share with you. Can you journey through the fabulous lands of Egypt and win the Joker's game back from the devil? Master multiple minigames and save the day in Slingo Quest Egypt, a fun Board game!

Edited on 06/20/2010 at 11:07:16 AM PST

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Slingo Quest Egypt Tech Faults

[Post New]by Donick2 on Jun 20, 10 1:44 AM
I did beta on this game so have been waiting for it to come out so downloaded trial version right away & although it downloads fine nothing happens when i click play but i can't start another game as it says this one is already playing?????????? & no there is nothing wrong with my computer,up-dates or settings as I just downloaded Agetha Christie earlier this afternoon

WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN ON WEEKENDS

Mettefreja
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Slingo Quest Egypt

[Post New]by Mettefreja on Jun 20, 10 1:49 AM
Exact same problem - had to open Windows tasklist and kill the process (didn't show up on the tasklist either) in order to continue. Tried a 2nd time: same result.

Nohrah
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Nohrah on Jun 20, 10 1:52 AM
I am so pleased this happened to you too. No NO NO!! not pleased that it happened to you but pleased that I am not alone in that it will not play.
I love the slingo games and have been so looking forward to this one and am now ever so disappointed that I cannot play it.
If you figure out why it does not play please let me know.

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Jun 20, 10 1:59 AM
Nohrah wrote:I am so pleased this happened to you too. No NO NO!! not pleased that it happened to you but pleased that I am not alone in that it will not play.
I love the slingo games and have been so looking forward to this one and am now ever so disappointed that I cannot play it.
If you figure out why it does not play please let me know.

It is ok I understood what you meant so don't worry just wish we could get an answer

mystic54
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by mystic54 on Jun 20, 10 2:17 AM
Whew....thought my computer was messing with my mind....glad it's not on my part....I played this game from another website, loved it, waited patiently for big fish to get it, downloaded it and clicked play, nothing, I restarted pc, still nothing, restarted pc again, uninstalled the game, installed it again, still won't play, hope they fix it b/c I am waiting to buy it. ;0)

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 20, 10 2:17 AM
Tried a 2nd time: same result.
For me it started at the 2nd attempt (after killing the game-process). Not sure it'll help, just an idea, if you haven't done so already: try restarting another time and everything: game, Game Manager, or right away the Computer...

ETA: ah, crossposting with mystic... If it doesn't work out, don't forget to write to CS about it, the more the better. We are told again and again, they don't read the fora; posting here is just for us players to know we're not alone.

Edited on 06/20/2010 at 2:26:22 AM PST

mystic54
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by mystic54 on Jun 20, 10 2:57 AM
_DD

I wrote CS...don't know if they will do anything until Monday though, I restarted my pc so many times and tried everything but still couldn't get it to work, with other people having the same problem, hoping it's BF's problem.

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Jun 20, 10 3:19 AM
I kept trying,got it going once played 2 games & then closed tried to re-start same again but worth a try you might be lucky

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 20, 10 3:40 AM
mystic54 wrote:_DD

I wrote CS...don't know if they will do anything until Monday though, I restarted my pc so many times and tried everything but still couldn't get it to work, with other people having the same problem, hoping it's BF's problem.
hi mystic,
ah, I wrote that all in a row, IC, sorry, the hint about CS was to everyone with problems, so to speak - the more, the better! The other remark was acknowledgement that restarting obviously doesn't help in all cases, since you had tried that and a lot more already. And you're right, they probably won't react before Monday. They'll need more specifica about the systems anyway, I guess (not saying that it is your computer, but there may be a pattern for systems where it doesn't work).
Seeing Donick's latest reply (that re-start doesn't work then either) it looks like the game most certainly has hiccups.

I can't tell about the restart, cos I didn't think of trying that. Played the demo until it expired, basta. It is a colourful and nice Slingo game IMO, btw; just that for me personally one Slingo game is enough; I played "Slingo Mystery - Who's Gold" (combination of HOG and Slingo), and will consider this one maybe as DD.

Good luck in any case! And I hope you have something good / else to play meanwhile

Edited on 06/20/2010 at 3:41:28 AM PST

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jun 20, 10 3:41 AM
Just did the demo and had no problems, which is a surpsising change since lately I seem to get stuck with all the possible glitches available.
I hope BF can provide you with a solution as the game is pretty cool.

Best of luck

whebeck
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by whebeck on Jun 20, 10 4:30 AM
Had the same problem as the rest. Hope this can be corrected soon.

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Jun 20, 10 4:34 AM
After 6th attempt got it going so bought it to see if full activation helps so keep trying until we can get CS,for me usually have to wait until Wednesday before I hear back & can answer re:time difference between here & US
Good Luck to rest of you trying

Knew you would like this one TMann

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Jun 20, 10 4:36 AM
To the Fishies that are having problems I apologize . Donick I know that you were waiting to play this game. I hope you all get this taken care of soon.

Geiyo, Great Review !

Take Care, Terry

Minnihopps
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Minnihopps on Jun 20, 10 4:55 AM
I must be one of the lucky ones, played the demo with no problems. Where did that hour go???? Love the game, so it`s a buy.
Hope your problems will be fixed soon. Good luck.

[Post New]by indigosage on Jun 20, 10 9:26 AM
Same problem as above, and I bought the game, as I love all things Slingo. Except this, which doesn't work at all. Hope they get this fixed quickly.

dawnhick
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dawnhick on Jun 20, 10 11:44 AM
One of the problems I have found with some of the games is if I am using the mozzilla browser I have to shut it down before I play or the game will go to the tool bar and say it is running but won't go to full screen.

[Post New]by juliebugs79 on Jun 20, 10 12:08 PM
[quoteOne of the problems I have found with some of the games is if I am using the mozzilla browser I have to shut it down before I play or the game will go to the tool bar and say it is running but won't go to full screen. ]

I have found the same thing with the mozilla browser. Took me a while to figure that one out.

mystic54
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by mystic54 on Jun 20, 10 3:05 PM
So I tried downloading this game again, and it still would not play, so I shut my firewall off and the game opened with no problems at all, was able to play, I don't feel comfortable playing with the firewall off, so I was looking around at the settings and it allows you to add a program, so I added this game from the list it gave me and tried to start the game with the firewell on and it works. So for anyone who is having a problem with the game not starting, give this a try.

misnomer
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by misnomer on Jun 20, 10 7:40 PM
My game is also one which will not play

I've read what everyone else wrote, and after this last re-start, I tried not opening anything else, and going to directly to my BFG Game Manager. I also have Mozilla Firefox, but it was not running when I tried to start Slingo Quest Egypt...and I still couldn't get the game to start. I don't have a firewall running, so Mystic54's suggestion wouldn't help me either.

Hopefully BFG finds a way to fix this problem, because I love the Slingo games and can't wait to play this one.

Go to: