bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Post any Slingo Quest Egypt technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 20, 10 9:09 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Slingo Quest Egypt technical issues here only

[Post New]by michele0226 on Jun 20, 10 9:19 AM
My game is not working correctly. I click it to start and nothing happens, and when i try to start it again it says it is already running. When I go to the task manager it shows that there is nothing there. I have to go into the applications and terminate it to make it stop running. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Slingo is one of my favorite games and I was really excited to play the new one, and was very dissapointed that it did not work correctly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times, and am pretty sure all of my stuff is up to date. I am playing the PC version of the game. Thank you for your time.

Edited on 06/20/2010 at 9:20:34 AM PST

Ivonova
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Ivonova on Jun 20, 10 11:35 AM
Ditto, ditto, ditto.

Same problem, most frustrating, only I have to completely reboot and if you think that is not a pain in the keister!?!

Ivonova
Time for an attitude check. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Edited on 06/20/2010 at 11:39:35 AM PST

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Jun 20, 10 1:29 PM
The first time that I opened the game...nothing would "open"....no options; no new player..nothing. I closed it out using the control/alt/delete...and restarted and then had no problems.

Just a comment.

[Post New]by michele0226 on Jun 20, 10 2:00 PM
Crtl, alt, delete, does not work for me, it shows nothing running until i go into the applications. I really think that I have tried everything and I am kind of mad because I feel like i have wasted my game credit and 7 bucks.

[Post New]by BonnieBo on Jun 20, 10 4:30 PM
Ditto to Michele's post. Loved the Slingo's in past, but there is something wrong with this one. Will not load, system says a game is running, nothing showing in task manager, have to entirely reboot computer to proceed. Deleted game and reinstalled - nada.

sheilah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by sheilah on Jun 20, 10 5:42 PM
I am having the same problem the game says it is running and i know it's not. I would delete it but it won't let me .

sheilah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by sheilah on Jun 20, 10 6:16 PM
i figured it out i went on switch user and went in game manger and ran it and it worked i hope this helps you.

[Post New]by clara1960 on Jun 20, 10 11:21 PM
I also had the problem of not being able to open. I finally got it to close through applications, Got it to open to play. What a pain. For some reason you had to click one square over and one square down from where you wanted. So, reclose through applications, delete, restart the pc, reinstall, and big surprise, it won't open.
I was trying it on the free trial and at last check I have used up 14 minutes and haven't played the first board yet.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jun 21, 10 1:04 AM
Ditto to above posts. Donloaded the trial but when i clicked on "play now" nothing happened. Clicking again gave me the message that a game was playing when none was. I had to reboot to be able to delete the game, tried it again but the same thing happened. Very disappointing.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 21, 10 11:16 AM
Hey everyone,

Just popping in to share a post from another user who was able to resolve the issue of Slingo Quest Egypt not opening by downloading through IE instead of Firefox.

hagenme wrote:Hey Fishes,

I remembered that some games don't like IE and vice versa. I had downloaded via Mozilla for Slingo Quest: Egypt and it would not open. I downloaded it via IE and it will open, good luck. I hope this will help most of you.

Ellen

Click here for a link to the thread.

I downloaded this game and it took a really long time to load, so it might help to make sure you only click "Play Now" once and just wait a little longer than you would expect for anything to happen. If you click multiple times, the game may crash.

Please also make sure that the Game Manager is whitelisted with your firewall. The following help article has more troubleshooting tips.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If none of this helps, please contact Customer Support to let them know there is a problem. Contacting Customer Support is the best way to get technical issues resolved.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

mystic54
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by mystic54 on Jun 21, 10 5:27 PM
I did what bfgZambezi suggested, it opened the game with no problem, played it for awhile then exited....when I came back to play a couple of hours later, it opened a little slower, but it did open, played one game and then screen went black and I got a message saying the program encountered a problem, it had to shut down, tried to open the game again, nothing, when I clicked play again after waiting 10 minutes, it said a game was already running, so I will have to restart pc for about the 50th time with this game, very frustrating.

misnomer
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by misnomer on Jun 21, 10 5:55 PM
This is quite frustrating for me as well. I've followed everyone's suggestions on here, and so far none of them seem to be working for me. I've gone to the help section, but nothing seems to describe my problem. When I click on "Play Game" in the Manager, absolutely nothing happens. My cursor doesn't turn into an hourglass to show that anything is happening, and nothing else is running, according to my Task Manager. But when I try clicking on "Play Game" again (either Slingo Quest Egypt or another game), it tells me that another game is currently running, and that I have to restart my computer. I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it via IE and still no luck. I've never had this problem before, and every other game I have still seems to work fine.

Anyone else have any suggestions? I would be grateful because I am a fan of the Slingo games and would really like to try this one out.

Thanks

lovelyrita019
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by lovelyrita019 on Jun 22, 10 3:00 PM
Same thing happened to me. I played it one day with no problems. The next day I clicked play and nothing happened~no game came on but it said I was running the game. Is anything being done about this?

jujus1a
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by jujus1a on Jun 22, 10 6:46 PM
Good morning

Just wanted to add my voice to the same issues as already discussed here.
I gave up after 3 restarts of the computer and just deleted it. I spent an "my hour" just trying to run the game.

Regards

Julie

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jun 23, 10 12:55 AM
WOW

Dunno where to even begin, this game committed such extensive mayhem!

Audio track began to stutter at the finish of the "Mystery Chest" round & took about a min to saunter the game on over to the Cairo Museum, where it got instantly stuck in an audio loop & never fully loaded the screen, crashing the game.....which, in its Domino Effect, proceeded to then crash my display, my sidebar, Windows Explorer, Game Mgr, & rendered Task Mgr nigh on impotent. Must've taken a good 10 min just to shut both the game & GM down, & even then it was still "running" b/c it took another cpl min for the game to vanish from taskbar & a few more min for GM to chirp its closing chime.

Epic sound fail.

Buhbye.....even tho it says I still have the full 60 min left. Um, NO.

[Post New]by jemscats on Jun 23, 10 7:09 PM
Unable to uninstall this game because even shutting down the computer will not stop it from running. Ctrl, alt, delete shows nothing running either Cannot use any of my Big Fish games as when I try to play any of them they all say game already running - am I wasting my money for Big Fish?

misnomer
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by misnomer on Jun 23, 10 10:02 PM
I would say no, jemscats. I've not had a problem with any other game, and there are quite a few good ones out there. This game in particular just seems to not work with my computer. And I've never experienced the problem you've described - whenever I froze up trying Slingo Quest Egypt, re-starting my computer worked every time, so I can't help you there. For something that serious, I might try contacting customer service directly, and not just through this thread.

Edited on 06/23/2010 at 10:04:06 PM PST

[Post New]by lotspeich1982 on Jun 24, 10 6:32 PM
Same problem as everyone else...I already use IE though, no other issues with any other games though. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no luck. It's a bummer too, I own all of the other slingos. DISAPPOINTED

[Post New]by cwazywabbit on Jun 24, 10 10:19 PM
im having the same problems as every one else.
played the trial hour when the time ran out i purchased it but now cant load it up.
sayin games already running buttask manager isnt showing it, so have to reboot computer.
ive tried firefox and ie7 but still not working
helllllllllllp as i do love slingo

Go to: