bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

New Version of Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials is here.

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 20, 10 2:22 PM
We have a new version of Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials available now. This new version of the game resolves the following issues:

Reported issue with bag of coins
Disappearing silver dollar issue
Reported achievement issue
Various text issues
Other various technical issues

We apologize greatly for the trouble. If the update has not already populated your Game Manager, there is a way to manually check for waiting updates:

To manually check for updates:

Click on Game Manager Options
Then open the Games & Downloads tab.

Under the Game Updates section, select Manually
Then click Check for Updates

Your game manager will then show you any available updates that haven't already been downloaded.

For more information click on the following link to view our help article:

Game Updates in the Game Manager

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

ETA: If you are not seeing an update alert in your Game Manager, one way to be totally sure that you have the most recent version is to uninstall and reinstall your game. This will ensure that the newest game that has been published to the site is the one that is on your computer.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Edited on 06/21/2010 at 10:05:23 AM PST

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

Re:New Version of Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials is here.

[Post New]by kinget on Jun 20, 10 7:00 PM
Hurray! I had to uninstall and reinstall the game, but so far it's worki ng!

Tac45
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Tac45 on Jun 21, 10 12:55 AM
I have the new version. But my game freezes while doing the dungeon puzzle. Same error codes as mentioned in the now closed thread. My machine software etc is up to date and plays far more graphic intensive games. I will try and install again and if that fails contact customer support. I hope this is not going to be a common issue again as I can see this thread taking up pages like before.

dandunte
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by dandunte on Jun 21, 10 7:36 AM
Thank you bfgZambezi for the update about the fix. I did as I was told to by going in the game manager to get the update, even manually it does not show up. Do I need to just uninstall the game and start all over? If I do un and re install will the download already have the fix? Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter. I have to say this sure has put a bad taste in my mouth with this glitch.

[Post New]by IMWhizzie on Jun 21, 10 9:01 AM
The trial version played fine but when i purchased the full version today I get "Main.lua:169: attempt to index global 'theProfileManager'(a nil value)"

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 21, 10 10:09 AM
Hey Fishies!

I updated the OP and just wanted to follow up to let everyone know that if that update didn't populate, you can reinstall the game to get the newest version. This should help with the issues that have been reported in this thread.

You can uninstall your game by clicking on the trash can icon in your Game Manager, or you can uninstall manually from your control panel.

Windows XP Users

1. Open the Start menu.
2. Select Control Panel.
3. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
4. Find the game title and select the Change/Remove button.

Windows Vista/7 Users

1. Open the Start (pearl) menu > Control Panel.
2. Under Programs and Features, click Uninstall a program.
3. Find and remove the game from the list of programs.

To reinstall, simply sign in to your account Purchase History and hit the "Install Now" button.

Same goes for the trial. The trial and the full version are different so if your trial worked fine, but now your full version is wonky, just uninstall all versions of the game and reinstall from your Purchase History.

Happy gaming everyone!

-bfgZambezi

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jun 21, 10 5:33 PM
It said there WERE no updates available. Gee, maybe since my SWT doesn't even open, the Game Mgr doesn't know it's even there? How many times am I going to have to waste my time re-downloading this game after uninstalling it to reinstall it?

I find it absurd that a wk after submitting a ticket to CS I still have a purchased game I cannot play. This new reinstall best work!

[Post New]by IMWhizzie on Jun 22, 10 8:17 AM
I didn't purchase mine until after the new addition was release and am having problems. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still not working!!

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Jun 22, 10 2:42 PM
Zambesi, I haven't had any technical issues with the game -- do I still need to uninstall/reinstall? Or should I be in the clear?

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Jun 24, 10 6:32 PM
Deleted old version it would not play would only show game running or application crash. Reinstalled the updated version and it will not work with game manager; I can go to game file under programs and run it. Have played trial and love it but will not be purchasing as I can not play the normal way with game manager.

cherbando
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by cherbando on Jun 24, 10 9:45 PM
The new version does not work, there is no update in the game manager. It is not my PC, all my other games work fine. Just another rush by BFG's to get that new game released every day. I got a coupon to replace it but I would rather finish the game. I made it almost to the end before I got "Main.lua:169: attempt to index global 'theProfileManager'(a nil value)" . New version does the same. There is no fix. This is not the first time I have had problems with a game but I will remain with BFG because they do have some great games. I will be more careful about using the whole trial version before I buy, though. Keep gaming, Fishies!

[Post New]by spieler123 on Jun 26, 10 3:16 PM
I tought it was fixed??
I just bought it and get error message: Midnight Mysteries Salem Witch Trials.exe has stopped working.
Tried several times, SOOO FRUSTRATING!!!

[Post New]by Karigirl76 on Jun 26, 10 7:55 PM
Went to programs in control panel and uninstalled old version. Reinstalled new trial version and am still getting the "access violation" error message.

Anyone else still getting this with the new version?

[Post New]by Breakwood on Jun 26, 10 7:55 PM
I bought Midnight Mysteries alem Witch Trials a few days ago and played it and absolutely loved it.It has great scenes and hidden object scenes and oh so great special effects.Now I am looking for another game.It would be wonderful if there was a Salem Witch Trials sequel.Thank You Big Fish.

[Post New]by Dalfelover on Jun 28, 10 10:17 AM
I am currently having problems with my game.
I bought the full version, and I completed the game. But when I try to play it again it shuts down with some kind of error-thing. I can only get as far as picking up the pen in the very beginning, and then clicking on the ink well. Then it shuts down.
I have tried several times to uninstall the game and then install it again afterwards, but it's being seriously stubborn.
I would greatly appreciate it if some one could help me.

[Post New]by angie4501 on Jun 28, 10 8:06 PM
My game is stock in the money bag. I can not move to another location or access my inventory. I try to get the new download that they are talking about, however it saids in my game manager options that i have the newest release. I does not work at all.

[Post New]by angie4501 on Jun 28, 10 8:08 PM
I already try that route unistall and re-install and does not work

[Post New]by bevmohn on Jun 29, 10 3:41 PM
I guess I will join the group and agree that the New Version does not work.
I am stuck with not being able to access the bag of gold coins. I have tried
the uninstall and install bit and that doesn't work. Please fix this problem.

Twiggy43
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Twiggy43 on Jul 2, 10 5:12 AM
Hi everyone, I've been on BF a long time now but this is the first time I've posted.

I am trying to play the trial but I keep getting the error access code 0x77D2C23C so if this the most updated version it still isn't playing correctly. I so want to play this game and possibly buy it whilst the JULY4THSALE is on but it seems that isn't going to be possible!!

I've looked for the updates that BF have told us to do but alas, no updates available.
Come on BF what can I do to be able to play and buy this game before the time runs out?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Hi to all fishies everywhere from the Channel Island of Jersey (south of the UK)

[Post New]by AutumnalDusk on Jul 27, 10 9:51 PM
You only get one shot, BFG, and this was it. Judging by the sentiments of the above, you're only shooting yourselves in the foot. No plushie for me.

Go to: