bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Post any Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 20, 10 2:23 PM
UPDATE: NEW VERSION POSTED. CLICK HERE FOR A LINK TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 06/20/2010 at 2:24:09 PM PST

kyndalkr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials technical issues here only

[Post New]by kyndalkr on Jun 21, 10 10:16 AM
Hi....well my game is totally messed up all the graphics are messed up and you cannot even view the game at all. I have tried reinstalling the game and it didn't help.I have updated my video card drivers also. Any help would be appreciated. This is the second game I have bought from you guys that doesn't work. The other is Alice In Wonderland. Thanks......Kyndal

[Post New]by saund477 on Jun 21, 10 1:22 PM
Here we go again... Access violations again!! I am so tired of this. Seems every new game that I want to try I get this message. There have been several in the last month. Most recently, "Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials and also, The Crop Circles Mystery. I don't know what this access violation means but, it is not my computers' problem (running Vista, IE8,Norton Security). It is most definitely coming from whatever BF does when games are put out for us to try. I have played several of these games that had access violations through BF, on other websites with no problems whatsoever. This issue started this past winter and has only gotten worse as time goes on. I'm going to have to cancel my game membership. If I can't try the new games that BF comes out with, how am I going to spend my game credits??? I am so dissappointed that this is happening and there doesn't seem to be a 'fix' for it. I have been round and round with several of BFs' customer service reps, trying this then that, then this and that, with my computer!. I am done. I don't need to try anything with my computer, because my computer is not the problem. Like I mentioned earlier, why can I access these games through other websites if it is my system??

waguhs123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by waguhs123 on Jun 21, 10 3:10 PM
Well...I downloaded the trial version of it when it first came out, and the graphics were horrible! My screen was striped and you couldn't see anything that was going on...so I asked for help from the bigfish customer service. The guy give me links for everything to update, but everything was already updated, so then he done this dr. felix thing to see what was wrong with the game, but he didn't ever tell me what the problem was... he just told me to wait for the new updated version.......so I waited..and reinstalled the new version, but the graphics are still messed up on my computer. Kind of dissappointed...

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jun 21, 10 5:36 PM
CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE

It's rather obvious that there's going to be a pretense of no tech issues at all w/ the disappearance of the rather lengthy tech issues thread that was previously in this forum. If you are still having issues, don't just sit here & expect someone to magically solve the problem. Not happening.

CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Jun 21, 10 6:03 PM
Uninstalled the old version. Installed the new version.

Still "access violation" trying to launch from the Game Manager.

So, I tried the "create a copy/start from copy" thing again, and then Norton SONAR kept deleting the copy telling me it was a suspicious file.

Then, I ordered Norton to play it anyway, and it was still only postcard sized and wouldn't go full screen.

Then it just scooted right off the screen and I could only see about 1/2 an inch of the game at all in the upper left corner of the monitor.

Me thinks this still isn't ready for Primetime. And, I'm really disappointed.

[Post New]by Katydid_W on Jun 21, 10 8:03 PM
Bah. I've done everything. I updated my video driver. I uninstalled then reinstalled Flash and Shockwave, then rebooted. I turned of Aero. I closed all my other programs. I tried running as admin. If I have it running as admin, *NOTHING* shows up when I run via the Game Manager--no error, no screen, nuttin'. If I run it direct from the .exe in the Program Files/Midnight Mysteries folder, I get asked if I can run it and then it crashes. If I turn off the "run as admin" and run it direct from the .exe, I get the access violation message.

This is the third game I've had this problem with; one I tried going through tech support and finally gave up after two weeks, the other was a trial and I didn't even bother. This time, I got the trial running, enjoyed it, then it wouldn't run when I tried starting it up again with 16 minutes left. So I read the various tech problem threads and thought, hey, new version that they say works, cool, use a game credit and All Will Be Well.

Hah.

Very frustrated and dissatisfied, Kate

gisho
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by gisho on Jun 21, 10 11:44 PM
Katydid_W wrote:Bah. I've done everything. I updated my video driver. I uninstalled then reinstalled Flash and Shockwave, then rebooted. I turned of Aero. I closed all my other programs. I tried running as admin. If I have it running as admin, *NOTHING* shows up when I run via the Game Manager--no error, no screen, nuttin'. If I run it direct from the .exe in the Program Files/Midnight Mysteries folder, I get asked if I can run it and then it crashes. If I turn off the "run as admin" and run it direct from the .exe, I get the access violation message.

Same here, Katydid! Customer Service has already given up on me, I just got an e-mail that they can't help me and I should try other games instead... Duh.

I've been a BF member for years and never had this problem before, then suddenly in the past few months several times. One more game with an access violation message and I'm cancelling my membership.

PS: Deleting the older tech complaints was very very unprofessional.

[Post New]by botanicals on Jun 22, 10 8:19 AM
Seems that a lot of people are having my problem with the judges room and the clock hands disappearing when you make the key. Is this a glitch in the game? Now I'm stuck and can't get on with the game. Is there a new version?

[Post New]by jr88fan435 on Jun 22, 10 5:50 PM
I finished the puzzle in the judges room with the coins and didn't my bag of coins. I have restarted the game 2 times now and still nothing. So what good is a game that doesn't give you everything you need to play it?

maxminpin
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by maxminpin on Jun 23, 10 1:57 PM
I am on the last chapter. You are suppose to push the posts in front of fireplace to reveal a secret panel. Nothing happens. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? I am so close to finishing the game. I really hate to be this close and not get to finish the game.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 23, 10 2:43 PM
maxminpin wrote:I am on the last chapter. You are suppose to push the posts in front of fireplace to reveal a secret panel. Nothing happens. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? I am so close to finishing the game. I really hate to be this close and not get to finish the game.
I've been through the posts business OK, but shortly afterwards, when leaving the house of the seven g, the game froze, can't go any further even though I've got everything required. So frustrating when you're finishing the game.

[Post New]by mocroidh on Jun 23, 10 11:20 PM
Okay, so every time I leave the game and restart it later, it takes me back to the statue in the graveyard, the very beginning of the game! I've made it MUCH farther than that, and it's really annoying to have all your work disappear like that. There doesn't seem to be any way to save your games - can someone point me in the right direction?

Jujube2010
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Jujube2010 on Jun 24, 10 9:37 AM
I got all the way through the game with no issues until the end. I found all the silver but when I walk out of the house I am NOT transported to the gaveyard and now I am STUCK.

Help!!!!

Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the game????

[Post New]by hotrod16748 on Jun 24, 10 12:44 PM
I just started the game and I am at the main door and mine version will not let me use the bolt cutters on the bolt. Any suggestions. All it keeps telling me is "This will not work here" I pulled up the trail of the strategy guide and I am doing to correct thing to no avail. HELP. Cannot even start this game until I can get into the gate.

[Post New]by lillfive on Jun 24, 10 5:33 PM
My trial played fine, then it played fine the first time after I bought it. Now it won't open...says exe. has stopped working. I've written customer support, but I'm getting really tired of purchasing games it ends up I can't even continue playing.

[Post New]by im14ridin on Jun 24, 10 6:34 PM
We are in the INN and can't click on the body bag...The last few games we've had problems with including the latest Flux Family secrets and one other (can't remember right now). We've been members since 2007 and have purchased quite a few games. The quality used to be really high but lately it seems like the games aren't nearly as stable when they're released. It would seem to be a better idea to have the games work properly even if you can't put them out as fast. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know. Thanks!

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Jun 25, 10 6:13 AM
I put the ship in the bottle and put it on the desk. The secret door opened and I got the will but there is no key so I can't continue on in the game. I looked at the walkthrough and did everything I was supposed to do. Is this yet another technical problem with the game?

kyndalkr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by kyndalkr on Jun 25, 10 10:25 AM
I am having the same issues with the graphics being all messed up. This game is not playable at all. Another waste just like Alice In Wonderland. Different issues but both games are totally messed up and I can't get any help with this?? The game is not working at all you can't see a thing because of the graphics being messed up. Please help??Thanks,Kyndal

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Jun 25, 10 12:45 PM
I just downloaded the trial version and started to play. The intro was fine but when it got to where you start to play the screen had these horizontal lines throughout and I couldn't tell what was what. I'm not sure what is going on with the games lately. This is the fourth game I have had a problem with, second since yesterday and when I read other posts more than one person has the same problems. I hope BFG starts checking these games more thoroughly or whatever needs to be done. I have been a member for almost two years and had only a couple of game problems the first year and a half. I know it is not my computer because all my drivers, etc are updated. Thanks

Go to: