BobbiH
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Level 1-10

[Post New]by BobbiH on Feb 13, 18 5:50 PM
I must be missing something obvious, but I can't see any way to finish...after you have done the bottom half, released the two weapon pieces at the bottom (which have bombs right next to them so that part is easy) and activated the wings, the last two Earth Stones are STILL unreachable, the bombs are unreachable and the monoliths with the symbols on them which would let you GET to the bombs are also unreachable. I simply can't find any way to bridge the gap to the last two. I've played the level for 15 or 20 minutes just to see if i could stumble on something accidentally, but I didn't. This is an early level so I assume there must be something easy I am missing. Could someone please tell me what it is? Help!

libbyb54nc
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Level 1-10

[Post New]by libbyb54nc on Feb 13, 18 8:58 PM
You can use the symbols and bombs together, start with the symbol and trace your way through the bombs on both sides of the screen. When you do this, this deactivates the symbols in the middle of the game so you can finish. All of the weapon parts are under the darker colored areas, they will pop out as you go over them with at least 3 matching colors or coins that make the color that you need. I really don't know if this helps you, but it is the only way that I can explain it. When I say the symbols I am talking about the ones at the extreme left and right hand side at the top with the bombs next to them. That one confused me too, hope this helps.

Edited on 02/13/2018 at 9:00:15 PM PST

BobbiH
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BobbiH on Feb 14, 18 11:19 PM
libbyb54nc wrote:You can use the symbols and bombs together, start with the symbol and trace your way through the bombs on both sides of the screen. When you do this, this deactivates the symbols in the middle of the game so you can finish. All of the weapon parts are under the darker colored areas, they will pop out as you go over them with at least 3 matching colors or coins that make the color that you need. I really don't know if this helps you, but it is the only way that I can explain it. When I say the symbols I am talking about the ones at the extreme left and right hand side at the top with the bombs next to them. That one confused me too, hope this helps.

Thanks libbyb54nc. I went back and tried to follow your instructions word for word, but I'm wondering now if for some reason we are seeing different things on the screen? I don't SEE any bombs at the right or left at the top. Here is what I see when I start the level:

Two yellow triangular tokens with symbols on top (the ones you are supposed to include in a match in order to eliminate the bronze circular pieces with the matching symbols carved into them) on the far left and far right. Each of them is underneath four gold shields, and the circular symbol pieces which need to be destroyed are in front of the shields. This effectively creates a wall preventing any access to the triangular symbol pieces.

There are no bombs visible on the left or the right -- I can see only four, the two at the bottom, one in the center immediately on top of the fog, and one on a token directly underneath. There are no bombs that I can see anywhere NEAR the left and right "arms" -- the triangular symbol tokens you need in order to blow up the circlular ones are totally blocked off by those same circular ones.

Boy, I'm sure this is clear as mud. But does your screen look any different than that when you first start the round?

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Feb 15, 18 7:12 AM
BobbiH wrote:

There are no bombs visible on the left or the right -- I can see only four, the two at the bottom, one in the center immediately on top of the fog, and one on a token directly underneath. There are no bombs that I can see anywhere NEAR the left and right "arms" -- the triangular symbol tokens you need in order to blow up the circlular ones are totally blocked off by those same circular ones.

Hello BobbiH
You must match on the middle area of the screen first until you remove the black fog.
In this middle area there are some bombs - i.e black jars - that will help you.

When you remove the black fog wings will appear.
Include the wings in a match to activate them, they will create bombs where you need them.
Then you can include the bombs in a match with the one coloured symbol tile on each side to remove the iron monoliths that are blocking further progress.

BobbiH
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BobbiH on Feb 21, 18 8:33 AM
THANK YOU BlueStarFish!!! I thought I was going to have to put the game away and move on to something else. If you figured all of that out without help I am totally in awe of you. I certainly hope there aren't very many more levels like that; I got all the way through Heroes of Hellas 3 without becoming that frustrated. I am very grateful.

Edited on 02/21/2018 at 8:34:08 AM PST

Go to: