bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Ancient Adventures - Gift of Zeus forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 22, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Ancient Adventures - Gift of Zeus forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Ancient Adventures - Gift of Zeus players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Ancient Adventures - Gift of Zeus forum

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 22, 10 12:53 AM
OK, had to get up in the middle of the night...got an all day education thing this AM..Remembered a nut bar I had at my desk...gotta have some energy to get back to sleep, don'tchaknow ...decided to check TGT and lo, and behold...guess I am first one here. Will play for a few and let ya know...I really do have to get some sleep. I missed all the annual stuff while on family leave with my dad. Have to do it today or not work this weekend....hmm, I sure wouldn't mind another weekend off free and clear...aww, guess I can't really milk it, we are always short handed as it is. So note to self...smoke ciggie and check it out, then go back to sleep .

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jun 22, 10 1:00 AM
I only played the demo for 5 minutes and will save the rest for the AM. I couldn't get it to become full screen. On first glance it seems somewhat juvenile compared to the more challenges ones lately that I have purchased but I have an open mind and it is known to change. Will let everyone know tomorrow after I finish the Demo. Have to fill up my punch card this month but this may not be the one on first glance.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 22, 10 1:37 AM
Not sure this is rated very highly...interesting concept, however objectives aren't clear without using a hint, and each time you complete a scene, it takes you back to the Menu...what is up with that? I am going back to bed....of course, I will buy this...after all, I am a hog addict, but that doesn't meanI think it is great...and right now, I don't.

CplDave
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by CplDave on Jun 22, 10 4:15 AM
I had a feeling this might be a mediocre game when I read the description. First of all the catacombs of Athens would be in Greece, not Egypt. And I've never heard of any catacombs being found in Athens, the most prominent ones are in Rome and Alexandria. I know it's just a game, but gee, they can at least get the geography right.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Jun 22, 10 4:27 AM
HUGE YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jun 22, 10 5:41 AM
Just got up and came in to see what is being said.

NOT much as of right now

Ck BK L

WILL demo it

PEN

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Jun 22, 10 6:52 AM
Yosemite1956c wrote: HUGE YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly - boring !

[Post New]by diztrek on Jun 22, 10 8:50 AM
This game is having problems loading properly on my computer. I have deleted and reloaded but it still is taking a very long time to load. From the sounds of this forum, I'm not missing anything.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jun 23, 10 3:25 PM
This game is BROKEN! Seriously, I have had only one major problem with a game always crashing and that was the Samatha Swift third edition, this is the second game where everything seems to go wrong. You get an item from the inventory and then you cannot get back to the item list. Everytime you complete a task, you get kicked back to the menu and only 20 minutes into the game, it freezes. BFG, please dont blame computor because like I said, have had no problems with any other games (and I have them all). Sorry but this is a bust, will not even attempt to re-play my demo. Oh well better luck next time.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 23, 10 3:36 PM
Samantha 3 did have a graphics glitch but they released a patch or rebuild and then it ran fine.

This one, Zeus is running great on my pc with XP SP3, it's 4 years old, just 512 Ram which is the min req. Full screen, great graphics. It would not run right on my new laptop, W7 widescreen 15.6, picture was postcard size. I changed settings to only one lower, 800x600 and it ran in windows, but the bottom words on list were cut off, had to drag the screen up to read the items then pic went back down.

It must take more resources than you have, or try adjusting your screen settings. It's a great game, at least for me and the puzzles aren't too difficult. Great replay value as the items change places when going back to same scene, and demo was even different second time I tried it on the pc.

Sorry if you can't get it to run. Yes, you do go back to Menu and Resume after some puzzles. You also get back to Items list from Inventory by clicking on the Inventory pouch icon again, Other than those quirks I'm not sorry I used a credit.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jun 23, 10 4:51 PM
It's a great game, at least for me and the puzzles aren't too difficult. Great replay value as the items change places when going back to same scene, and demo was even different second time I tried it on the pc.

Puzzledone, I agree. Great game and very much fun to play. I really like it with the objects in different places so you can't memorize them.

Edited on 06/23/2010 at 4:51:51 PM PST

[Post New]by The1capricorn on Jun 25, 10 8:00 AM
I like the game overall. Yes, some of the same puzzles are virtually identical as in other games, but that is what I want in a game. I have not been able to locate an item even after getting hint(s). Where's gamma? If I can't find it, I will have to start over.

[Post New]by tippytoeresa on Jun 25, 10 12:16 PM
My screen says it can't find a compatible 3d devise and can't load the game.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jun 25, 10 8:26 PM
The1capricorn wrote:I like the game overall. Yes, some of the same puzzles are virtually identical as in other games, but that is what I want in a game. I have not been able to locate an item even after getting hint(s). Where's gamma? If I can't find it, I will have to start over.

Some of the items on the Find Lists are the names of greek letters. You can google them to see what they look like, or check the Strategy Guide/Blog Walkthrough, as we usually mention the locations of those items since they are uncommon.

Good luck!
Robin

coolmom4
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by coolmom4 on Aug 12, 10 2:09 PM
Why is it when I click hint, it does show me anything? I'm not very far, but the section I'm in is towards the begging where you get the outline of the object. Help!

[Post New]by brownbarbie on Jul 19, 11 6:32 PM
I am having difficulty with one screen. I have a feather and an empty bowl in my knapsack. The feather is to make spells, which I have been unable to do, and the empty bowl I have tried to fill from the pond, but can't do that either. What do I need to do to complete this level? Does anyone know?

coolmom4 - when you click the hint it "HIGHLIGHTS" the area you need to go to.

Go to: