bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Ancient Adventures - Gift of Zeus technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 22, 10 12:16 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:Post any Ancient Adventures - Gift of Zeus technical issues here only

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jun 22, 10 1:01 AM
It didn't download as a Full Screen although that was checked off under Options. Have never had this happen before so wondering why?

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jun 22, 10 4:05 AM
Downloaded the demo. the picture is offset to the left at least 6 or 8 inches. I switch between screen sizes but it doesn't make any difference. Computer is a 1 year old h/p pavilion/vista home premium 64 bit. All plug ins are up to date because I check for updates with firefox every couple days. 77% free space on my computer. All other games play fine. So.....................now what???
Dr.good

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 22, 10 5:21 AM
The screen settings are weird. I have a 15.6 widescreen laptop and having to get used to games not filling my screen, highest is 1366x768. But all but 3 don't fill the screen, black borders on sides.

This game has full screen checked in Options, but when it opened the picture was much smaller than usual, but centered, borders now on all 4 sides. I changed my settings to 800x600, then the picture was much bigger but in windows. The bottom of the items list is cut off, you have to drag the picture from the top and pull it up to read the bottom words to search, and remember them, they disappear again when you release the mouse. But the items are bigger to see.

Then when you put the first puzzle together it takes you back to Menu and you have to hit Resume to go back to the next hog. It got tedious in windows, if you click too far down on the list it all goes haywire and back to desktop. Of course all your icons are displaced, some missing until you change rez back to normal and restart pc. May be a nice game but I didn't just buy a new Toshiba laptop just to play games on for this. I guess I'll wait til more devs make games for wide screens my size. Most the others won't even play in windows, just a picture reduced down to around 12" diag, this was far smaller than that.

ETA I have Win7 Toshiba Satellite, 64bit, 15.6 widescreen laptop. Forgot now what graphics card. Full wide screen games so far FluxFamily2 CE BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY fills screen; Fiction Fixers Adventures in Wonderland, and Angela Young's Dream Adventures in case anyone wants a full wide screen game on a small laptop.

Edited on 06/22/2010 at 5:27:07 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jun 22, 10 6:09 AM
I had to set screen resolution one higher than 800 x 600 (can't remember exact size); never had to do this with any game before. I have HD widescreen Windows 7 64-bit laptop.
At the size I set the game was playable. Any higher and it was a tiny box with huge black borders, and made game play impossible!

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jun 22, 10 6:18 AM
Another game not compatible with my computer. I dumbed down the resoution but my windows 7 kept it tiny and at the better res for my comp so I guess I won't be playing this one. Another person commented on a few games which fit his lap top and mine played those fine also. It might be my game card but I will need advice for that adjustment.
Sally

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 22, 10 7:15 AM
I mentioned 3 games above that fill my laptop screen. If anyone knows of others please PM me. I was about to give up til I saw how wonderful FF2 looks.

I couldn't seem to get the needle to stop between the 800-600 and default 1366x768 so one was a windows screen cutting off part of the bottom, the other looked like a postcard.

The good news is I went ahead and loaded it on my 4 yr old HP Pavillion XP pc and it looks gorgeous, full screen, very colorful. It has only 512ram, min req for this game so I don't like pushing it. So many games take 512 now and sometimes they stop while a msg says windows is searching for more virtual memory. Or, they just minimize to bar, I clean up, restart and do a few more levels.

I'm sick of this widescreen troubleshooting and may just buy older games for awhile for the ole pc til I can put some money into it for ram etc. So, if you can't get this picture viewable hope you have an older backup pc, looks like a fun lite ihog so far, I love the hand drawn objects and color.

alilypad
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by alilypad on Jun 22, 10 7:47 AM
After each puzzle I get sent back to the main screen and have to hit play to return. Also after opening my inventory I cannot get back to the **** screen without exiting the game and hitting play again. Annoying glitch!

[Post New]by heatherington on Jun 22, 10 8:11 AM
I can't get it to download. And I know for a fact that there is nothing wrong with my computer or software or anything. I'll keep trying. My mom had no trouble and her computer is older than mine. Usually Direct 9.0 works fine for me. I don't have those older operating systems, I have Windows 7 but had no trouble downloading Salem Witch Trials or the new Agatha Christie.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Jun 22, 10 8:22 AM
alilypad wrote:After each puzzle I get sent back to the main screen and have to hit play to return. Also after opening my inventory I cannot get back to the **** screen without exiting the game and hitting play again. Annoying glitch!

Are you clicking on the bag again? Thats how I got it to switch back and forth. I disliked being sent to the main screen after puzzles too.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jun 22, 10 8:50 AM
Sounds like this game has more bugs than a $2.00 flop house. I'm not changing a bunch of crap on my computer for one game. Flux family and everything else I've downloaded runs just fine without having to mess with my computer so I will wait for the rebuild which from the sounds of things is eminent or I'll pass on this one.
Dr.good

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 22, 10 8:54 AM
Me too, I wasted so much demo time trying to figure how to get the objects list back. What she said, you click the same pouch for inventory then again to switch back. Would be nice if they had 2 tabs separate, if already seeing inventory who thinks to click it again for items list. I even went to map, encyclopedia, then Menu, Resume. If it was in the tutorial I sure didn't remember it.

Most of these games take me the demo hour just trying to figure out how to play, why do they have to be different? If the game isn't challenging, well how to play is for me.

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on Jun 22, 10 12:21 PM
I've had some of the same problems mentioned above (sent back after minigame), but my computer completely froze on the list. Rebooted computer and it got through the fist list, but then froze up on the second list. Anyone else have problems with a freezing up of the game on top of everything else?

I like the game, but no buy for me with all the problems.

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Jun 22, 10 6:56 PM
alilypad wrote:After each puzzle I get sent back to the main screen and have to hit play to return. Also after opening my inventory I cannot get back to the **** screen without exiting the game and hitting play again. Annoying glitch!

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Jun 22, 10 7:00 PM

you have to click on the inventory bag this closes the bag and puts you back to the list

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Jun 22, 10 9:28 PM
Yep me too - sent back to main screen every time after playing a mingame. Gave it 15 mins and then the bin. It's not worth persisting with.

christina1533
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by christina1533 on Jun 23, 10 10:23 AM
Short_Starfish wrote:Yep me too - sent back to main screen every time after playing a mingame. Gave it 15 mins and then the bin. It's not worth persisting with.

I had that problem, too, but here's another fun one: Anyone hit the main menu button to quit the game, and have it just close the menu screen and resume the game?

I had to open up my task manager to quit the game that way, because I couldn't get the game to return me to the main menu legitimately. When I didn't want to go to the main menu, then yes, that's where I went. When I wanted to go, no dice.

How does a game get sent out with this many technical issues? The only games I've seen that come close to being this faulty are games that are in the beta stage.

I'm very disappointed; the game looked so cute and fun. I have to admit, if they patch it up, I may end up buying it.

[Post New]by realfriend on Jun 23, 10 11:50 AM
this game was working fine, I bought it and now I see that the hint button, although it is lit up, when I hit it for a hint, it does nothing? anyone have any suggestions to get hint button working?

Lesboop
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Lesboop on Jun 23, 10 4:47 PM
Yep, like others have said, this game seems to be hurting quite a bit. I started by using the tutorial and there wasn't anything about clicking on the bag again to get my list back. That was annoying. The music was just the same over and over and over, and that was annoying. I got as far as trying to put the crumbs into the magic bowl. I clicked on everything I could find that even remotely looked like a bowl, so I used one of my hints. The hint circled the trunk with what I had clicked on before thinking it was a bowl. For the life of me, I could not get those crumbs to go into that so called bowl. Lol, that also frustrated me. 3 frustrations sends me to quit and uninstall the game. So when I clicked the menu button and the next window opened and i clicked on main menu, i got nothing. So that was the 4th annoyance. I had to use task manager to kill this game. Guess those Greek Gods and Goddesses wanted to mess with us a bit. I don't think this one will go into my inventory.

lol, that's for my 4 annoyances!

bonbowl
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by bonbowl on Jun 23, 10 6:26 PM
carolina67 wrote:I've had some of the same problems mentioned above (sent back after minigame), but my computer completely froze on the list. Rebooted computer and it got through the fist list, but then froze up on the second list. Anyone else have problems with a freezing up of the game on top of everything else?

I like the game, but no buy for me with all the problems.[/quote

Both or our computers froze up mine windows 7, his is windows xp.. when we were in search of the last pearl.. we both had to reboot twice will not try to play it again... I will be asking for a credit if possible.. Hubby's computer was the worst,, the task bar came up and we couldnt get rid of it until 2nd reboot.. Maybe if the bug are fixed I will buy again..

Go to: