JOOLSW
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Disappearing neighbour

[Post New]by JOOLSW on Feb 16, 18 2:31 AM
I have lost a neighbour! Yesterday we exchanged gifts and when I went to send her some money today she was gone. Does this mean she has deleted me from her neighbours list? Or deleted herself from the game? Or just another glitch in DM?

Any ideas?

Jools
House of Torment

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Disappearing neighbour

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 16, 18 4:57 AM
JOOLSW wrote:I have lost a neighbour! Yesterday we exchanged gifts and when I went to send her some money today she was gone. Does this mean she has deleted me from her neighbours list? Or deleted herself from the game? Or just another glitch in DM?

Any ideas?

Jools
House of Torment

The only thing I can say for certain is that there is no way to demolish your manors and "remove yourself from this game". Even if you uninstall and leave town, your manor (s) will remain there forever (ie until BFG pulls the plug) for all neighbors to see and visit. Eerie, isn't it?

Have you kept a gift from her pending? If yes, then she is certainly there. In such cases they can't delete you even if they want to.

If not, the neighbor may have deleted you by mistake. Is there no other way of contacting her, via PM or other manors?

Did you have her pinned? Maybe she got unpinned. Load all your neighbors and look in both sections. If you have several hundreds, make sure you load all of them.

Also, she may have changed her name a little, intentionally or not (eg by adding a leading space) and thus changed places on your list.

Good luck!

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

Re:Disappearing neighbour

[Post New]by Theorem on Feb 16, 18 10:14 AM
Just a little addition to eli's post:

There is definitely a glitch and neighbours sometimes disappear for an unknown reason. I've had that problem many times though I knew I hadn't been deleted. As I am having a spreadsheet, I mark them with a /!\ to warn me that there is a problem.

The only way I found to get around this is to 1) hope that they will send a new gift as I cannot do anything on my side 2) if they do, not touch it and leave it in my giftbox forever! (or at least never take it and play without having gifted back first)

Pinning these neighbours is useless. I've tried to pin and play without using their gift but they immediately get unpinned ... and disappear after I have taken the gift and played.

Whenever you have received a new gift (fingers crossed), you could send them an in-game message explaining the situation and asking for a grave marker (for example, they are cheap, and it is not as tempting as silver or energy!). Then keep it there untouched and continue exchanging normally (and remember to always look for them in the unpinned manors at the end of your list).

I hope you get a new gift and can find her again!

JOOLSW
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by JOOLSW on Feb 19, 18 2:03 PM
Hi Eli and Theo,

Thanks for your help with "The problem of the disappearing neighbour". Sadly I haven't had any luck finding her. I only have the one manor and I have no idea if she has any more manors so can't find her that way.
I think that the DM gremlins got her.
I wasn't sure if it was bad form to mention someones manor name on here, so didn't for fear of a late night knock on the door! It occurred to me that she might read this and if she knew I was missing her she might get in touch somehow.

I'm going to crack open a bottle of toilet duck and drown my sorrows.

Jools
House of Torment

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Feb 23, 18 2:32 AM
I don't think mentioning her manor name is a problem. And in case anyone reading the forum has her as a neighbour, they could send her a message and explain!

P.S. Try rum instead! Works as well and tastes much better!

JOOLSW
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by JOOLSW on Feb 26, 18 6:00 AM
Ok, if anyone has 'Palemoonrising' as a neighbour would they so very kindly message her and explain that 'House of Torment' misses our mutual gifting but fears the DM gremlins have rained on our parade.

If there is no way of re-establishing our former neighbourly relationship then I bid Palemoonrising farewell and good fortune.

Adieu and bon voyage

Sob, hic

Jools
House of Torment

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Feb 27, 18 1:52 AM
The name doesn't ring any bell but I have so many neighbours ... I'll check when I can log into my games this evening. Fingers crossed again!

One should never drink alone, let me keep you company!

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Mar 1, 18 4:04 AM
Oops, forgot to give my feed back! I had a quick look and, if it is not listed in weird places, I do not have Palemoonrising as a neighbour, sorry!

JOOLSW
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by JOOLSW on Mar 1, 18 8:38 AM
Hi Theo,

Thanks for checking, either the gremlins have got her or she has snow on her solenoids! That can make your eyes water

Don't know where in the world you are but here in Kent, UK we have snow, lots of it, blocked roads, villages cut off from civilisation, people not able to get to work and some of the pubs are running out of beer!
It's the end of the world as we know it
However, being England, the weather will change very quickly and the forecasters say next week all the snow will be gone.

Good old Blighty back to normal, whatever that is!

Jools
House of Torment

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Mar 3, 18 11:16 AM
I am in Switzerland, by Lake Geneva (not in Geneva ... and we hate the English name of our lake ). After a week of freezing weather and stormy winds (cold sensation of -20/-25°C), we started getting wagons of snow on Thursday and Friday and another little wheelbarrow of it today. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I am now waiting for the snow to melt down (too cold for the moment but they also say this will change very soon). I am always so worried to slip and/or fall, I just can't wait for the pavements to be dry and safe again.

Keep warm!

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Mar 3, 18 12:24 PM
Hi Theo, just thought I’d check the forum and see if anyone was still alive .

Didn’t realise till now JOOLSW was from the same neck of the woods as me. Rain has now turned all the snow to horrible slush.

I’ve given up on the developers ever doing anything to get us back after the IOS update. I miss the game, but more particularly all the friends that I made. I do have a few on Facebook and messenger and I speak to Karatopa every day.

I hope all my ex neighbours are well and enjoying themselves.

Miss hiding the rum around my manors .

Take care everyone

Abbie

JOOLSW
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by JOOLSW on Mar 5, 18 4:02 AM
Hi Theo and real-life-neighbour Abbie,

Well, in my little corner of Kent all the snow has melted and the sun is shining .
Hope things are warming up nicely in the Lac Leman area (I hope that's right).

Hide the rum in plain sight, decant it into an old toilet duck bottle - give the bottle a quick rinse out first!

Still no sign of Palemoonrising, oh well, onward and upward.

Jools

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Mar 7, 18 1:01 PM
Hi JOOLSW

Where in Kent are you? I’m in Canterbury. All clear now but cold still.

Abbie

JOOLSW
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by JOOLSW on Mar 9, 18 4:23 AM
Hi Abbie,

I'm in Belvedere, which, as you probably know, is in Bexley borough.
Although Bexley borough was made a London borough back in 1965 thanks to darlin' 'Arold, (I was just a baby so I had no say in the matter) I have always felt Kentish rather than Londonish. Must be in my genes, both of my maternal grandparents families came from Kent; my Dad, on the other hand, came from foreign parts, had to cross water to get here, darkest Suffolk!
Are you Canterbury born and bred? Is it a nice place to live or do all the tourists get on your wick? Me and the husband live in a village in Spain for part of the year and now and again a bus-load of tourists turn up, you know that old saying....It's better to stay silent and be thought an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt......well that applies to quite a lot of tourists.

Anyway, I'm banging on here.

Take care

Jools

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Mar 10, 18 11:11 PM
Hi JOOLSW,

Canterbury is a lovely city. From where we live I can see the spires of the cathedral from the front garden. Have lived here for 40 years but was born in Cliftonville near Margate..Hubbies family were from a village called Wickhambreaux outside Canterbury . My mum was Folkestone , dad was Broadstairs so we haven’t gone far from our roots..

Don’t mind the tourists so much, but with the 3 universities and the Gau American uni as well, it’s all the students that tick the residents off. They take over all the cafes and restaurants and make us feel like outsiders. Shouldn’t complain because they bring a lot of money into the city. We live far enough out not to be bothered by them.

Take care and keep playing.

Go to: