Does anyone have any hints or tips to complete the bonus puzzles please

tia

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

Re:puzzle games

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Feb 16, 18 11:32 AM
These puzzles are designed to test your understanding of how the different features of the game works together (or in sequence).
They have a fixed setup, with limited amount of pieces and they always come in the same order/colour on that level.

The challenge is to figure out exactly what will happen when you match particular tiles; which tiles will fall down? Which objects will be uncovered? Will I get a long match, so that I get coins? Are there bonuses available from the "heroes", perhaps? Then how do I get them charged?
stuff like that.
For a brush-up on all the different objects and how to deal with them, go to "Game menu", then "Help", have a look at "objects" and "heroes"

Generally there are very few ways of solving them - meaning that you must find the correct sequence of matches to get what you need to happen.
For the first puzzle level, for example, one problem is the stone monoliths on the right and left side. Another is the lone laurel in the middle with the stone monolith underneath that stops it from dropping.

So for the first problems, start with either right or left side, I chose the left in this explanation:
match the 3 blue tiles first. The monoliths that are chained will lose the chains, and the single red tile will drop down, giving you a way to match all the red tiles in one go.
When you match the red tiles, all the stone monoliths will be removed. The left laurel drops off the board, and the two green tiles will fall down onto the lightning tile so that they can be matched - this will set of the lightning down-right direction, so that the chain on the stone monolith under the middle laurel is removed.

Go to the right side next, and
-match the 3 red tiles to remove them, this also removes the chains. The 3 blue tiles will drop down so that you have 4 blue in a row.
- Match the 4 blue tiles; all the stone monoliths are removed and the green tiles drop down onto the lightning. The right laurel drops off.
- Match the green+lightning tile to set off the lightning, down-left direction. The stone monolith disappears and the last laurel will drop.

So these puzzles are a test of your detailed understanding of the game mechanics; what consequences are for specific matches, how this may affect future matches two-three turns from now.
I love them, just wish there were more of them.

Sadeyed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Sadeyed on Feb 16, 18 6:30 PM
I've completed everything except Puzzle 12 and I just can't work that one out. Anyone know how it's done?

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Feb 17, 18 1:07 AM
Hello Sadeyed
Puzzle twelve the key is creating coins in the right places:

Start with the top half of the screen.

1. Match the top yellows from right to left ending in the middle. This will leave a coin resting on the blue, two stone monoliths disappear, and the big bomb is "freed".
Do the same with the top green, from left toward the middle, with a similar result.

2. Match the 3 blue but do not include the coins.
The remaining stone monoliths disappear and the sword and two coins drop down to land each on the dark blue and red tiles.

3. Match the coin+red, start at the coin and end with the red between the yellows. This leaves a coin in the gap between the yellows, and a way to match all yellows.

4. Match the yellows+coin from right to left, giving you a green tile, a coin and a lightning that dropped into position.

5. Set off the lightning by matching the green+coin+lightning, taking out the right rock. The reds will drop down on the right side.

6. Match the red+lightning on the right, to hit the big bomb on the left side.
The bomb explodes and the left sword drops. It takes out the left medusa, freeing the laurel.

7. Next, match the two Dark Blue+coin. The stone monoliths disappear.
Match the light blue and the middle sword drops, and the yellows can drop down.
The sword removes the middle medusa letting the laurel fall.

8. Match the yellows. The stone monoliths disappear and the middle laurel drops off.

9. Match the green+lightning, it takes out the left rock.

10. Match the red+lightning on the left to set it off. It hits the right big bomb. The right sword drops, the medusa disappears and the last laurel drops off.

[Post New]by Thornee on Feb 17, 18 1:40 AM
I have all the puzzles in Zeus' Games done except the last one. I have figured out how to get all the sides done and two of the laurels down. Can't figure out the middle section bottom of puzzle 15. Has anyone any ideas. I tried taking out the 2 aqua, 5 across both times but doesn't work. Thanks

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Feb 17, 18 2:45 AM
Hello Thornee

After you finished the sides you should have the Hero charged. He will remove the two Hades stones, the middle green drops.

Match the green from left to right. This leaves a coin on the right.

Match the blue+coin on the right, the green-in-a-monolith will drop.

Match the 5 green from right to left (leaves a coin on the left side).

Match the coin+blue on the left side. The yellow-in-a-monolith will drop.

Match the 3 yellow. The lightning-in-a-monolith is freed.

Match the green+lightning. The middle laurel drops.

caircair
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by caircair on Feb 17, 18 4:42 AM
I'm stuck on puzzle #9.

Sadeyed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Sadeyed on Feb 17, 18 6:51 AM
Thank you so much Blue. I had it all down on the left hand side but it was the right that was baffling me. It was matching the coin with the reds that I missed.

Thanks again, you're a star.

[Post New]by Thornee on Feb 17, 18 11:02 AM
Thank you so much Blue. I have tried that fifty ways to Sunday. You are a gem.

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Feb 18, 18 12:53 AM
Sadeyed and Thornee, you are very welcome. I'm happy to help when I can.

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Feb 18, 18 12:54 AM
Puzzle level 9

Here, you need to use the Heroes to finish.

In the middle you see 3 vertical rows of tiles each with a symbol. Use these to remove the Iron symbols on the lower left and right.
I chose to do it in this order:

1. Match the dark blue with the trident symbol. The Iron tridents disappear on the left, dropping down two dark blue tiles.

2. Match those dark blue. The red-in-a-monolith is freed, and the chains on the monolith below the dark blue disappear.

3. Match the 3 pink on the left. Do NOT include the Lightning (L). The monolith beneath the leftmost pink disappears.

4. Match the 3 yellow on the left.

5. Next, match the yellow Symbol tiles in the middle, the wave symbols.
The Iron wave symbols on both sides disappear dropping down the red and L(ightning) on the left. The L is now in the correct position to remove the stone monolith in which the middle pink is embedded.

6. Match the dark blue on the right. The chains on the stone monoliths disappear and the yellow drop down.

7. Match the yellow from right to left. A match of 5 (or more) tiles will leave a coin at the point where you end the match, here underneath the Iron bow-and-arrow symbol. A coin is also freed from the right stone monolith.

8. Match the pink+coin.

9. Match the red symbol tiles in the middle to remove the Iron bow-and arrow symbols. The Lightning will drop on top of the coin, in position to remove the lone pink in the middle.

10. Match the L+Coin+red.

11. Now the pink Hero (Bellerophon) is charged. He will remove the Hades stones.

12. Match the azure (light blue) on both side. This charges the last Hero (Theseus), who will remove the remaining lone green tile.
Click on him, then click the green tile. The Key drops, unlocking all the Laurels.

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Feb 24, 18 1:22 AM
If anybody does complete the main game and plays "Zeus' Puzzles," could you let me know if you were able to solve Puzzles 8; 10 and 12 because I've tried lots of times but still cannot solve them ...

For example on Puzzle 8: I know what needs to be done but cannot do so for the pink key since I'm unable to get that bomb down over the hell stone because of how it's set up...

On Puzzle 10: Again I know what needs to be done but cannot do so because of the way the left side is set up at the bottom...All that happens for me once I get those additional bombs on the left side is no synchronized explosions like on the right side...

And lastly Puzzle 12: I have a general idea what has to be done but lack the expertise to execute the proper plan of action on this particular layout...

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Feb 24, 18 3:10 AM
scorpio42 wrote:

And lastly Puzzle 12: I have a general idea what has to be done but lack the expertise to execute the proper plan of action on this particular layout...

If you look above in this thread you will find a solution to Puzzle 12 written by me, dated 17 february.

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Feb 24, 18 3:25 AM
Puzzle level 8:

I used this sequence of matches to finish the level:

1. Match the 3 green that are between the pink and blue locks. A coin-in-monolith will be freed, to drop and land next to the red below.

2. Match the 2 red+coin. The double chain on the monolith is reduced to a single chain and the yellow will drop down one space.

3. Match the 3 yellow. Do NOT include the big bomb. The remaining chain on the monolith is removed, and the left monolith (between the two azure) is removed. This leaves an empty space between the azure.

4. Now, match the 3 green on top, that are to the left of the pink lock.
The coin-in-a-monolith is freed and drops down in the empty space between the two azure below.

5. Match the azure+coin. The dark blue-in-a-monolith is freed.

6. Match the 3 dark blue. The big bomb drops down on top of the Hades stone.

Move to the rightmost part of the board.

7. Match the 3 green to the right. The coin-in-a-monolith is freed and drops down below next to the yellow.

8. Match the 2 yellow+coin. The red-in-a-monolith is freed and both reds drop one space down.

9. Match the 3 dark blue. The azure drops down one space.

10. Match the 3 azure. The red drops down one, the big bomb drops down one.

11. Match the 3 red. The big bomb drops on to the Hades stone.

. Match the 3 green on top that are between the blue and yellow locks. The coin-in-a-monolith is freed and drops down next to the pink.

13. Match the 2 pink+coin. The big bomb, yellow, and Lightning drops.

14. Match the Lightning+yellow+Big bomb.
The Lightning goes off in 6 directions, and should now be positioned to hit all 3 big bombs. When they explode the Keys-in-monoliths are freed to drop off. The Locks open and the Laurels drop off.

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Feb 24, 18 4:10 AM
Puzzle level 10:

This level requires clever use of the bombs to remove chains and monoliths, to get the Hero charged.

I started on the LEFT SIDE:

1. Match the upper dark blue + Lightning. The L frees the Big Bomb-in-a-monolith.

2. Match the upper red + Lightning. The L hits the (small) bomb, causing a chain reaction:
- the chained bomb-in-a-monolith is freed
- the big bomb + top small bomb explodes and the orange Wave symbol tile is "matched". The Iron wave symbol is removed.
- the middle big bomb drops down, along with the bomb that was in the chained monolith.

3. Match the bottom red + Lightning.
The L hits the bomb and takes out the second orange tile. The Big Bomb underneath also explodes; freeing the two bombs-in-a-monolith, and takes out the third, bottom orange tile.

Do not match the bottom dark blue yet.

Move to the RIGHT SIDE:

4. Match the top red+Lightning. The Hades stone-in-a-monolith is freed and drops, letting one Big Bomb also drop. (Now the Hades stone sits on top of the Iron Omega, with a Big Bomb on top of the Hades stone.).

5. Match the top blue+Lightning.
The L hits the topmost Big Bomb and the Orange Omega symbol is "matched". The Iron Omega disappears and the Hades stone and Big Bomb drop down one space.

6. Match the bottom red + Lightning. The last Big Bomb is now in position and removes the last two orange tiles when it explodes.
The Hades stone also disappears in the explosion, the bomb-in-a-monolith beneath that is freed.

7. Now that all orange tiles are "matched", the Hero is charged. Click on him and he will turn the remaining Hades stones on each side into bombs.

8. When you now finally match the bottom dark blue + Lightning on both sides, there are 3 bombs going off, not just two. The 3 successive explosions remove the chains and the monoliths on each side, freeing the Keys so that they can drop.

[Post New]by nancyrabbit on Feb 25, 18 5:31 AM
I am stuck on puzzle #11. I have all the rest figured out. Help

[Post New]by nancyrabbit on Feb 25, 18 12:05 PM
I'm stuck on all of puzzle 15. Can't figure out how to do it from the partial directions given.

b58aby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by b58aby on Feb 25, 18 6:20 PM
Hi, I'm stuck on puzzles #8. I get the blue key down but the yellow and pink keys will not fall. Please help me out someone, please.

b58aby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by b58aby on Feb 25, 18 6:23 PM
Sorry if only I read all the list I would have seen #8 listed tks Blue Star Fish

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Feb 26, 18 8:45 AM
Puzzle level 11

1. Match the azure + wings. New tiles appear in the upper left.

2. Match the 5 green from left to right. This leaves a coin on the right side, below the pink.

3. Match the pink + coin. The yellow drops down so now you have 5 yellows.

4. Match the 5 yellow from right to left. Leaves a coin on the left side.

5. Match the coin + red. The two Big Bombs now drop in position close enough to the azure-in-monoliths to remove them when they explode.

(To check that they are close enough, click-and-hold on the bomb, and the area affected by it will light up. Click-and-hold on the entire match, i.e do not let go of the mouse button to execute the match bomb-dark blue - bomb but just hold the button down, and you will see what area will be affected by the whole match when they explode)

Match the Big Bombs + dark blue to free the azure-in-monoliths.

6. Match the azure + wings. Tiles appear in the upper right.

7. Match the 4 pink.
8. Match the3 green.
9. Match the 5 yellow, make certain your path ends directly below the Big Bomb. This leaves a coin there.

10. Match the red+coin. The Big Bomb drops onto an iron monolith.
11. Match the dark blue + Big Bomb. The azure-in-monoliths are freed.
12. Match the azure + wings. Tiles appear in the lower middle.

13. Match the 3 green. The Lightning drops down one, the red-in-monolith is freed dropping to the bottom, and the chains on green-in-monolith disappear.

14. Match the 3 pink. The green-in-monolith is freed, all tiles can drop down one.

15. Match the 3 green. The remaining red drops down to the other reds.

16. Match the 2 yellows + Lightning. The L takes out the monoliths beneath the two Swords left and right. They drop, to take out the 2 Medusas.

17. Match the 3 reds, the last Sword drops, taking out the middle Medusa.

Go to: