gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Azkend - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 22, 10 7:05 AM
Beautiful oriental gameplay environment and game boards. But chain match-3's are not my thing. Those of you for whom click-and-drag is painful will want to avoid this game.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

Re:Azkend - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Jun 22, 10 7:18 AM
I love this game, it's challenging and soothing all at the same time. Nice music and a lovely, albeit incoherent, storyline lol. If you can do click and drag M3s by all means try it out, I got more than my money's worth at full price.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Jun 22, 10 12:02 PM
Bumping this cos I want everyfishy that might be at all interested to try it.

deesi
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by deesi on Jun 22, 10 1:04 PM
I agree that it's a very enjoyable game! Well worth the $2.99!!!

Edited on 06/22/2010 at 1:05:03 PM PST

PattiPhil
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by PattiPhil on Jun 27, 10 12:40 AM
I have Four Houses and Azkend. Is there any games similar to Azkend? Love both but prefer Azkend. thanks!

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jun 16, 11 11:11 AM
PattiPhil wrote:I have Four Houses and Azkend. Is there any games similar to Azkend? Love both but prefer Azkend. thanks!

Have you tried the Heroes of Hellas series (1 and 2). I think 2 is better, but I liked both.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Jun 16, 11 2:02 PM
If you enjoy Match 3 games, do NOT miss this game! It is one of the best M3 games in my library. I've played it so many times. It has puzzles int between levels. The graphics are beautiful. The music is good.

At 2.99, this is a STEAL! As I've built up games on my computer--and haven't yet gotten a new one with larger capacity, I've started removing games I've finished if they aren't a favorite. AzKend is one that I wouldn't consider removing.

It's a great game, and one of my old reliables.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Jun 16, 11 2:16 PM
PattiPhil wrote:I have Four Houses and Azkend. Is there any games similar to Azken? Love both but prefer Azkend. thanks!

Don't miss these games:

Enchanted Cavern--beautiful graphics, good music, very relaxing
Agreed, Heroes of Hellas
Heroes of Kalevala--one of the top M3 games, IMHO
Around the World in 80 days--it does get hard, but is well worth it.
Jurassic Realm--good game with very satisfying sound effects. If you'e in the mood to blow things up and HEAR it, get this one!
The Magic Match series (I & II) Fun!
Magic Shop
Paradise Quest--you get to restore habitats, take pictures. Truly beautiful game.
Tibet Quest--great concept, funny heroine, and challenging as you move up levels.
Cradle of Rome I & II
Flower Paradise --so beautiful. I wish they would do a second one.
And for something different--Treasures of the Serengheti, which combines puzzle shapes and Match 3

Cursed House was funny and fun. The Fishdom series is always popular. I especially enjoyed the ones where you could create scenes for holidays. If you like funny, quirky little characters, Galapagos Island might please you.

There's a list to start with. Hope you enjoy trying them out!

Edited on 06/16/2011 at 2:17:58 PM PST

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jun 16, 11 3:11 PM
I bought this game sometime ago and I love it! My only complaint is there is no untimed option which means I won't be able to finish it. I've reached a level I haven't been able to pass. (I won't purchase games without an untimed option anymore). For those of you who do well with timers, do try this one. The graphics are quite good and the game-play is FUN!

Go to: