Error access violation -- HELP please!

[Post New]by MsChessie on Feb 16, 18 12:33 PM
For the past couple days I have been receiving this error message when trying to start my Cubis Gold 2 game --“Error: Access violation at 0x0044399D (tried to read from 0x00000030), program terminated.”

Prior to this, the game had been working just fine, although since I started playing it on my new Dell laptop running Windows 10, I have had to manually change the display resolution.

My other game, Zuma Deluxe, is working just fine and I don’t even have to change the display resolution as most of the time all it takes is maybe a couple tries to get it loading.

I have been running a Dell Inspiron 7373 with Windows 10 hooked up to a USB hub to use as a desktop PC since last month.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

Re:Error access violation -- HELP please!

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Mar 4, 18 3:42 AM
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Errors like this are sometimes caused by corrupted download or save files. If that doesn't work, I suggest you contact Technical Support.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 4, 18 10:18 AM
Hi MsChessie,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles playing the game. On top of the great tips lil_chickadee mentioned, I'd also recommend checking for possible updates, since access violation errors can come up due to conflict with something needing updated information in order to work well. For more information and great tips about access violation errors, please see the following link:

Access Violation

Should that not fix things up, please contact our Technical Support Team. You can also PM one of our Moderators with any questions. We'll do all we can to assist.

bfgArinelle

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 4, 18 11:44 AM
Since Cubis Gold 2 is a really ancient game - I believe it came out 14 years ago? - it's entirely possible that it will not run on the OP's Win 10 OS due to incompatibility. I'd suggest setting the compatibility mode to Win XP SP2 and shutting off the high DPI settings for the game to see if that helps. Developers have to code their games for the existing technology of the time and there's no telling what advances could come along later. Different games are coded differently, so one old game might be all right with new technology while another will not work at all. If nothing works to get Cubis running on new tech, it's unfortunately time to say it was a great game for the time it was released (I played it a LOT a couple of old computers back) and kiss it goodbye.

Go to: