Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Edition.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 17, 18 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/17/2018 at 10:16:39 AM PST

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Editio

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Feb 17, 18 1:34 AM
I'm not sure if this a tech issue however, when I went from one screen to the next it was constantly "loading".... I don't think it is my computer as it is only 6 months old and I just updated all my drivers...however they were mostly up to date anyway....
Windows 10 desktop

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Editi

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 17, 18 6:19 AM
DebbieAnnie wrote:I'm not sure if this a tech issue however, when I went from one screen to the next it was constantly "loading".... I don't think it is my computer as it is only 6 months old and I just updated all my drivers...however they were mostly up to date anyway....
Windows 10 desktop

Welcome to EleFun Games.....the bad news: all of their games have annoying "loading" pages between each scene and zoom zone.

The good news: They have shortened the length of time it takes the loading page to transition.....which technically isn't good news at all??

Hope this helps clear the confusion

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Editio

[Post New]by glb613 on Feb 17, 18 8:07 AM
The game won't run on my iMac computer.

[Post New]by Stardancer001 on Feb 17, 18 8:45 AM
Game doesn't run in my MacPro (High Sierra), I have to force quit because the application doesn't react.

[Post New]by Phoenix1123 on Feb 17, 18 9:58 AM
Game runs on my iMac, High Sierra 10.13.3. Ensure that the game is located in the Applications folder (it can be in a sub-folder, for example, my games are in a folder called Games, in the Application Folder); the iMac operating system requires certain executables which reside in the application folder. If you need to move it to the Application Folder, uninstall it, reinstall it using the Application Folder as the new destination. Just a suggestion, hope this helps.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 17, 18 10:16 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Editi

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 17, 18 10:25 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry there have been troubles getting The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Edition to load. Let's see if we can fix that.

I'd recommend that PC players whose games are loading slowly or not at all check to see that their computer's video card drivers are up to date. This driver controls how graphics display, and installing a newer version can fix a number of issues. I'd also suggest running the game in Administrator Mode to increase its permissions on the computer. The help articles below contain instructions for those respective processes.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For Mac players, I'd suggest updating some key software programs as well. The suggested programs, and instructions for updating them, can be found in the help page below:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If the game still won't load after trying these suggestions, please contact our Technical Support Team.

Thank you all so much for your patience and troubleshooting work. If there are any remaining questions, don't hesitate to PM me or another member of the Moderation Team. We're always glad to provide answers.

bfgBeruna

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Edit

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Feb 17, 18 12:37 PM
Game takes forever just to install. Was still on 24% after 15 minutes. Gave up after 30 minutes and it only installing to 41%. Just not worth it

ETA: My computer is up to date

Edited on 02/17/2018 at 12:37:46 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 17, 18 1:24 PM
Hello MrsSkippy,

I'm really sorry that The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Edition took such a long time downloading. I definitely understand stopping the installation process. Whether you'd prefer help troubleshooting this issue or would like to replace the game, please submit a ticket to our Technical Support Team. They're equipped to handle either solution and, like the Moderation Team, really want to provide help with this.

Thank you for your patience. If any more questions arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator. We're here to listen and to assist.

bfgBeruna

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Edi

[Post New]by judy76073 on Feb 17, 18 9:56 PM
MrsSkippy wrote:Game takes forever just to install. Was still on 24% after 15 minutes. Gave up after 30 minutes and it only installing to 41%. Just not worth it

ETA: My computer is up to date

It took a long time, as well, for this game to d/l on my computer today (Saturday). In my particular case, though, I know it was my internet connection. I am not limited in the amount of GB I can d/l in a month - it's my connection that goes "wonky" and slows down at certain times of the day.

I get a major slow down during peak times evenings and weekends because of high usage (when everyone is home & everyone's devices are plugged in and d/l and/or live streaming). It is very frustrating at times, but I have learned to live with it.

Sometimes, though, I just want to take my computer & toss it through the window! LOL - when I can't get a good connection.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Feb 19, 18 9:45 AM
Playing with Windows 10. I had played the demo for about 25 minutes when it froze up. I could not get the game to close and had to manually reboot my computer in order to close it. When I tried to play the game again, I got an ingame message that said "Some profiles have been corrupted". There was only one profile, which was mine; and all my progress had been lost. I was really enjoying this game and had been planning to purchase it as part of today's "two-fer" offer but now I think I am going to have to pass until this glitch is worked out.

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Feb 19, 18 12:32 PM
Don't know if this will help you pungstress but I always start by pressing the windows key when game freezes, right click the icon that's minimised to taskbar and press close. The odd time it's more deadly and does nothing I do ctrl-alt-delete for task manager and end task. Hope this helps you, fingers crossed.

Elirana

momsford
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Lost My Cursor

[Post New]by momsford on Feb 20, 18 10:24 PM
Was in the middle of the game, and the cursor disappeared. I bought this game now can't play it. Refund please.

ginricky49
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ginricky49 on Feb 21, 18 10:13 AM
I am well into the game and am about to enter the castle. I've just changed the time back on the clock in the chapel. I clicked on the statue in the middle of the room, the one with the "odd" symbol and now I cannot exit out of that area. Everything else works fine -0 the Hint button, the menu bar, etc. but the X to exit that cut screen isn't functioning, like it's frozen. Clickling outside of the screen doesn't return me to the room or close the window either. I'm basically stuck and can't go any where but to exit the game completely. Any suggestions?

ginricky49
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ginricky49 on Feb 21, 18 10:14 AM
I'm using Windows 10 and haven't had any issues with any of the other recent games I've downloaded.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 21, 18 3:48 PM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some freezing issues and some troubles with being unable to exit out of a screen in the game. When aspects of a game aren't responding as expected in either of these sorts of cases, we can try to fix things up by improving how the game and computer communicate with one another. We can do this by giving the game elevated access to resources, and also by checking to see if any updates are available. Steps for these possibilities can be found here:

Video Driver Updates
Windows 10

Should these steps not resolve the issues mentioned, please contact our Technical Support Team for assistance, such as a replacement game. Our Moderators are also happy to answer any questions we can, so please feel welcome to PM one of us as well.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Helen_79 on Feb 21, 18 11:33 PM
Hi,

I have had problems downloading the game. The first time it downloaded but wouldn't install. Then I tried running it as an administrator. That was a disaster. I've tried deleting it twice and reinstalling but it won't even download properly.

I'm on Windows 10 on a 6 month old computer that gets updated regularly

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 22, 18 11:15 AM
Hello Helen_79,

It sounds like there has been trouble installing the game. We can certainly go over some troubleshooting steps to see if we can get this fixed up. Most installation issues come from either a program interfering in the background or the Big Fish Games app having trouble accessing the files it needs to complete installation. The following link has some great tips to try to resolve these sorts of issues:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If that doesn't get things working better, please contact our Technical Support Team and include in that message any error messages that may be coming up. They'll be able to better assist from that point.

You're also welcome to PM one of our Moderators with any questions. We'll do all we can to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by dianne_j on Feb 24, 18 6:02 AM
I am using Windows 10 and am having the same issue as ginricky49. I clicked on the gargoyle in the middle of the room and now cannot exit the scene. The "X" will not work nor can I back out. I purchased this game and would really like to have it fixed or get a refund.

Go to: