Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

Reviews and Opinions for Flowers Story

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Jun 22, 10 2:51 PM
I just happened to stumble across this appealing Match-3, decided to download the trial, and immediately fell in love with the game. There is a story to the game, as the title indicates, where a little girl meddles, on the eve of her birthday, with a legend. But the main play, at least in the beginning, is a unique match three, where you gather flowers from an oblique grid by turning groups of three flowers until they align with a neighboring group. Each "group" is defined only by where you place your cursor, which makes selection easy. Controls are excellent, easy, smooth.

I encountered no timer. Lovely!

When you have filled your stores with the necessary flowers for the grid, customers begin arriving and each will have a specific bouquet he wishes to buy. This is where the challenge starts up, and it's so absorbing, trying to arrange, still using the same grid and groups of three, the flowers into the design each customer wants. In the time I played, I encountered no irate customers, no rush.

The artwork is excellent, IMO, and the flowers are easily identifiable - lilies, daisies, asters, in the graphics, unlike many other games which use flowers but have a more primitive artwork to show them.
Music is pleasant, somewhat repetitive, yes, but not intrusive. Gentle.

For me, this is a definite buy.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Reviews and Opinions for Flowers Story

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 1, 10 4:51 PM
Very good descriptive review, makes me want to go play it. I am always looking for good graphics, easy on the eyes and lighthearted entertainment in games.

Thanks for sharing what you found, you are a Welcome addition to the Pond
PZ

Edited on 07/01/2010 at 5:12:10 PM PST

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Jul 1, 10 8:24 PM
Several months ago, I reviewed this for the "Bored Challenge" and just loved it.

Others tried it too and added it to their wish lists. Glad to see you put it up again. Lots of older gems get forgotten.

Come and check out the "Bored Challenge some time. It's lots of fun, and you would be most welcome.

Welcome to the pond.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Aug 30, 10 11:53 AM
I became very bored with this game. No timer is a plus.

Go to: