Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 17, 18 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/17/2018 at 10:26:23 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by nanafraser on Feb 17, 18 7:02 AM
I said it before I don't care for EleFun Games, but I did like the 1st "Forgotten Fairy Tales" hoping this one will be as good! Alice goes back to Spectra to help queen Bella! Ill see & come back to forums & let the fishes know!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 17, 18 7:19 AM
nanafraser wrote:I said it before I don't care for EleFun Games, but I did like the 1st "Forgotten Fairy Tales" hoping this one will be as good! Alice goes back to Spectra to help queen Bella! Ill see & come back to forums & let the fishes know!

I'm on the fence with this one nanafraser but I will say, that so far the storyline is pretty good, and it's definitely worthy of today's BOGO sale.

As a side note....loading...again, and again, and again

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Editio

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 17, 18 8:02 AM
I think the big data games have the loading. This has 1.6 G. That's a lot of data. Ever notice the loading is only on the big data games? It's data rich.

This is what I found out so far. There is too much light where I have my PC, so I have to wait until it's darker out. (I have a huge arch window by my PC and it's sunny) So I have to stop for now.

I wish it had morphs, but no.. No replay on hops or puzzles. The replays are 35 soundtracks. That's not my beloved perk. 5 chapters + bonus chapter. The hops and puzzles look equal at 20 for both.

I bought it without trying it. So will let you know if I regret it.

Edited on 02/18/2018 at 5:16:12 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 17, 18 10:25 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 02/17/2018 at 10:26:12 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Feb 17, 18 1:05 PM
I said Id come back but still think it a OK game! Not creepy! But I hate giving too much advice on the game! I'm enjoying it! But I think games like story lines from a long time are better then the ones now! Its entertaining somewhat! So if ones don't like it don't hate me! Maybe it be better to wait for SE & use a coupon, then theirs no disappointment!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Feb 17, 18 2:19 PM
I'm with Nanafraser, this is an OK game but as Valdy always says "I'm not thrown off my chair with excitement". The graphics are a tad too soft focus and the grey mist hangs over all. Maybe like wine it will improve with a little time. I'll play it again tomorrow. Have to go back and do bonus first... we'll see. But No. 1 I'm going to go play the first game in this series (thank you Penmom, I didn't have it on my GM) and see how the series is holding up.

Edited on 02/17/2018 at 2:20:12 PM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Edi

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 17, 18 8:31 PM
I finished this game with the bonus chapter and I liked it.

5 Chapters. The second one in the series. I liked the mythical creatures. Using the magical bracelet. The bracelet only has fire, freeze and wind. How hard and inconvenient is that? It's not. They also have a bracelet in the game-Beyond: Light Advent, which is a winner in my book.

20 hops and 20 puzzles.

The puzzles are very relaxed so I could do them. I like the CE perks. There could be more perks. I wish they had morphs. You could tell the 1.6 g data had a good effect has far as the playing around with things in the game. Especially signs in the market.

I collected 16 Mythical Creatures, 20 Crystals and 6 Feathers.

I like this maker. They also make Witches' Legacy, The Keepers of Antiques, Mayan Prophecies and Fear for Sale. All Series that I enjoy.

I own the first one in this series but haven't played it yet.

The bonus is a prequel. The gameplay and hops were good. The story isn't so happy as you see where it start with the main game.

Edited on 02/24/2018 at 5:04:22 PM PST

Ilkie
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Ilkie on Feb 18, 18 8:27 AM
Thank you to all for your reviews. It really helps those of us 'sitting on the fence'. Keep posting, you doing a great service. x

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Feb 18, 18 8:32 PM
Tremendous amount of loading scenes....and dialogue to click through. A magic bracelet ? I don't think so. This wasn't a very interesting demo to play and I don't think it is CE worthy. There is no replay of mini games and hos that I saw in the Extras, and they are a part of what you are paying for in a CE....so I won't be buying this for all of the above reasons. I will wait for the SE and perhaps from being able to look at a walkthrough, this game may get better as it goes along.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Feb 18, 18 9:14 PM
OK game, nothing special, but worth a BOGO. I was hoping they would bring back my favorite chihuahua, but no such luck. Maybe next game

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Feb 18, 18 9:45 PM
I played half the demo but came here to say I had no problem with the loading. Also the collectables are feathers, critters and crystals. The map shows you if you have found them. I like that.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Feb 22, 18 10:53 AM
Bought this game against my better judgement because I have nothing but problems with games from this developer. Last year, I thought it was my computer, but I have a new one with everything up to date, and still have issues. However, I like Alice, and wanted to go with her on this adventure, even though I've given up on other game series by the developer. I love the story line, but I do not love lags between scenes, and having to click on things 20 times before I get just the right spot. It's frustrating; in fact, it's downright maddening. Even so, I suppose that if Alice has any new adventures coming up, I'll probably get sucked in again. So for story line and the triangle alt. game but for the mechanics.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Edit

[Post New]by Howatch on Feb 24, 18 8:55 AM
Majestyx12 wrote: I like this maker. They also make Love Chronicles, Witches' Legacy, The Keepers of Antiques, Mayan Prophecies and Fear for Sale. All Series that I enjoy.

I like this developer too and am enjoying the game (it's a very relaxing game to play) but wanted to point out the Love Chronicles series is from Vendel rather than EleFun.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time Collector's Edi

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 24, 18 5:02 PM
Howatch wrote:
Majestyx12 wrote: I like this maker. They also make Love Chronicles, Witches' Legacy, The Keepers of Antiques, Mayan Prophecies and Fear for Sale. All Series that I enjoy.

I like this developer too and am enjoying the game (it's a very relaxing game to play) but wanted to point out the Love Chronicles series is from Vendel rather than EleFun.

Thank you for telling me Howatch. I checked other games on this game. It bought me to BFG Elefun games and I looked on their list and it wasn't there. On my notes I had Elefun games/ Vendal games. So now I scribbled it out. I'll change it on my review. Thanks again.
M

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Feb 24, 18 7:05 PM
Ooooh! What a great game! Sucked me in from the beginning. Normally I don't watch the clips or know the storyline, but this time I thought I'd give it a go and I'm glad I did!

I was so engrossed that I almost kept forgetting to look for the collectables. The fact there are 3 to find and not every scene has them makes it more enjoyable. The games were ones I've done before, but that didn't bother me.

If I wasn't on a strict budget - this would be right at the top of my 'buy' list, deal or no deal!

Go to: