Event February 17

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Event February 17

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 17, 18 7:29 AM
Great! got another event and this time you don't get sent back to level 1 if you fail a level.

Except I can't seem to get past level 1

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:Event February 17

[Post New]by missbethann on Feb 17, 18 7:56 AM
I was having the same problem with the first level. Make your first match vertical then make as many horizontal match 4's as possible to start knocking out the side blockers. Hope that helps.

Levels 2 and 3 are challenges too, but passable. Level 4 has 9 invisible pets. Just move the empty space to the bottom. When the pet drops you then actually see the pet.

Edited on 02/17/2018 at 8:38:15 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 17, 18 9:33 AM
Thanks. That tip did help. I got farther than I did before.

Still haven't passed the level yet. But your advice is having better results then I was having when I started.

Edited to add:
Got past 1 and 2

Edited on 02/17/2018 at 11:03:44 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 17, 18 5:47 PM
Perhaps event levels would have been easier if I remembered to put on my elf suit .

Now I'm stuck on event level 7. I almost had it. Then I made a wrong move and blew it.

jmkb9
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by jmkb9 on Feb 17, 18 8:38 PM
Hi I am having trouble on World 5 Level 38 how can I get the blocks out of the upper corners? I have been stuck for over two weeks. Any ideas?

HOGgamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by HOGgamer on Feb 17, 18 8:43 PM
For me, the glass jars aren't behaving like they should, meaning the respective color aren't being destroyed

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Feb 18, 18 1:46 AM
HOGgamer, same problem here - and probably for everyone. I suspect it was programmed like that on purpose. Another change is the disappearing pets. Just makes the game harder!

BoutjeFedankt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by BoutjeFedankt on Feb 18, 18 3:32 AM
It happens to me also sometimes, not always, that a bottle explodes and the corresponding colours don't.
Also sometimes i get a bar at the top of the screen in a level with the amount of coins and fireflies i have, what makes it harder to see what is necessary for the level to finish because that's underneath this bar.
I don't think these things are intentionally programmed, also the invisible pets.
More a case of bad programming and/or testing ?

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Feb 18, 18 7:07 AM
I was coming in here to see whether you were also having the same problem. I agree with you, at least on level 1, the bottles explode but not the related colours. It surely doesn't help! But I don't think it's intentional, more like a new glitch to be added to the invisible pets.

Hopefully the devs will test their next event before releasing it.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Feb 18, 18 7:09 AM
The invisible pets I can work around... the bar that covers up what you need to complete is frustrating... but, having the jar explode without also destroying corresponding colors affects the game itself ... That's three glitches that have been around in my games for the last few events.... I don't know what's going on with the developers and this game but they sure don't seem to care about the quality of this game like they do with their Midnight Castle game...

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Feb 18, 18 7:38 AM
Level 8 is all about the score. After failing a few times I used a trinket and a 5 extra moves at the start. So that gave me 8 extra moves w/fast track suit. Managed a firecracker early on and matched it with one of the trinkets. That gave me half the score need. Took my time and made as many x4 matches and still fell short of the score by 1000. This tourney is so hard that I went ahead and got the 5 extra moves to finish.
I've made it to level 9 in the new event. There is a bomb at the bottom with blockers around it for half of the board. Every time I make a boost the board shuffles and moves it to the top where the tiles are divided by empty spots. As your trying to get something to work on the blockers it shuffles if you get one in the center where you need it to take out the bomb. I get almost there then the bomb explodes. I'm gonna try knocking the bomb out with a hammer then see if I can make the level score, I always use the Fast Track suit for the 3 extra moves. Good Luck to everyone on this one.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 18, 18 8:00 AM
I some how made it through event level 7 thanks to the elf suit.

Now stuck on event level 8. The glass bottles are only popping off the like colors intermittently. Some glass bottles do and some do not.

Also, After completing event level 7 and got the pink box it did not display a prize. It showed the prize window but no prizes were awarded

Edited to add:
Just got past event level 8. Event level 9 is brutal if you're going to try it without boosts.

I'm going to do my best but may have to use a hammer on that blue bomb same as missbethann.

Edited on 02/18/2018 at 8:10:34 AM PST

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Feb 18, 18 9:09 AM
Wow, level 10 is nothing like the previous 9. EZ PZ and no boosts. So there's something to look forward to. Now I have 6 hours of life with nothing to use it on. Hey it's the challenge, right? Level 9 I did use a hammer on the bomb then took my time and managed to get it down to having to knock out 2 tiles and needing about 2000 more points. Out of hammers so I used a tornado boost to shuffle the board on my last move cos I knew I had x2 of extra moves from purchase at level 8. That made score and I was off to the races.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 18, 18 9:09 AM
Caught a lucky break on event level 9. Managed to get a flower bomb to take out the blue bomb 1 move before it exploded on it's own. Then got two fireworks created and matched one up with another flower bomb. Whew. Glad that one is over with.

Don't want to start on event level 10 until I have some time to actually use the infinite lives. I'm still working through the last 10 levels of World 16 Vacation Time.

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Feb 18, 18 5:25 PM
The first set of a gift box had a pet and a butterfly token plus a few gold coins! How funny is that???

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Feb 18, 18 6:25 PM
linda43416 wrote:The first set of a gift box had a pet and a butterfly token plus a few gold coins! How funny is that???

Wish we could sell or trade bonuses we don't use for something USEFUL...

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Feb 18, 18 7:27 PM
silver_hawk wrote:Caught a lucky break on event level 9. Managed to get a flower bomb to take out the blue bomb 1 move before it exploded on it's own. Then got two fireworks created and matched one up with another flower bomb. Whew. Glad that one is over with.

Don't want to start on event level 10 until I have some time to actually use the infinite lives. I'm still working through the last 10 levels of World 16 Vacation Time.

Hurray, been keeping an eye on your progress, congrats...this one was brutal. Just wanted to say that you will need most if not all of those 6 on the last 10 in Vacation Land.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 18, 18 7:51 PM
missbethann wrote:
silver_hawk wrote:Caught a lucky break on event level 9. Managed to get a flower bomb to take out the blue bomb 1 move before it exploded on it's own. Then got two fireworks created and matched one up with another flower bomb. Whew. Glad that one is over with.

Hurray, been keeping an eye on your progress, congrats...this one was brutal. Just wanted to say that you will need most if not all of those 6 on the last 10 in Vacation Land.

Sure did. Still had a bit of time left over to play all 4 foes in the arena.

Bridell
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Bridell on Feb 19, 18 3:58 AM
Had to buy some extra turns but reward was worth it.

Played the arena 3 times completely with the unlimited lives

With no boosts! Just like 15 times in a row against hard foes and eventually you get lucky. Damn ice wolf.

All sticker packs were dupes though stocked up on the boost rewards.

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Feb 19, 18 7:57 AM
[/b]Bridell

That is a very good idea to reap from arena with the free lives. Am gonna remember this for the next time as I had 6 hours with only 1 hour used before the real world duties had to be done.

Go to: