Doodlebug2
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

About opening new zones

[Post New]by Doodlebug2 on Feb 17, 18 8:17 AM
Is there anyway to tell which new zones, I have six bouncing yellow, give me money, currently and I want to know if there is a way to tell which are zoom zones and which are new HO scenes. Thanks

Re:About opening new zones

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Feb 17, 18 8:31 AM
To answer your question, no there isn’t. However, you don’t need to open them until you are asked to go there to get something. You could take a look at the New Strategy Guide in the helpful links conversation. Find the level you are at and go from there.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 17, 18 8:56 AM
If you give a description of where these are; what location (castle, town, cloud city, etc), what area (Underground Grotto, Residential District, Tree Top, etc.), and where on the screen it's located (center bottom, top right, lower left, next to ???, etc.). One of us can tell you what it is.

Do know that you will have to open these eventually. There will come a time when the characters will ask you to visit/open them instead of asking for a specific item.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

About opening new zones

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 17, 18 9:14 AM
Doodlebug2 wrote:Is there anyway to tell which new zones, I have six bouncing yellow, give me money, currently and I want to know if there is a way to tell which are zoom zones and which are new HO scenes. Thanks

I am opening all HOSs, but have been avoiding opening zoom zones, winning the required items from the puzzles (without paying diamonds, though!) and am now at level 59.

In order to determine if an area is a HOS or a ZZ, you must have a quest for an item in that area. You then go to the Helpful Links thread above and look into the ZZ and/or HOS Lists.

Sometimes the quest only asks you to visit the specific ZZ without naming the required item, however it shows you a picture of it on the icon to the left of the quest. You then go to the puzzle list and scroll through it until you find the item, note down its name and check it against the HOS and ZZ lists as per above.

NOTE: There are some daily quests that ask you to visit a ZZ without asking for an item (they have an eye icon next to them). In such cases, you must open the ZZ. This may also happen with character quests. I encountered my first such character quest only yesterday, at level 59 (it was for opening the stupid fountain which, requires 9 items each time).

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 17, 18 9:20 AM
eli173 ..... That strategy will, indeed work on the lower levels.....however, it WILL come back to bite you as you advance.

In general, the 60's are not terribly expensive; the 70's are MURDER!

Starting around where you are, the character quests no longer ask you for a specific item or show an item next to the quest. They show only the ZZ or HOS that you must visit.

If you still have ZZs left unopened, it could cost you dearly when you reach the 70's and are sent to those ZZs --- bearing the cost of the level is bad enough, but adding past ZZs on top of it can be very taxing.

It is far better strategy to pay-as-you-go.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 17, 18 10:11 AM
Annelliegram, we have discussed this in the past and I disagree. I would agree only if the cost of opening a particular ZZ increased as you progress, but since it remains fixed, it makes no difference if you open it now or later. I will still have to play the same amount of HOSs or whatever.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 17, 18 1:58 PM
I've been on both sides of this issue - recently even - & have to agree that it's worth paying the piper when you're called, rather than postponing the debt.
I haven't done it deliberately - I've chanced into it - that I get a ZZ item I need without paying to open that ZZ. Afterward, when forced to go back to that ZZ, the cost had always felt more burdensome, because of the additional costs of that level.

Right now, I'm on pause, earning 15,000 coins to open ZZs. I figure, I've got several days before the next ZZ CC, so I've got time to earn the coin, then I can open those ZZs & use them for the ZZ CC.

Doodlebug2
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by Doodlebug2 on Feb 17, 18 7:01 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone.

Go to: