Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Last Fire Queen here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 18, 18 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/18/2018 at 8:02:24 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Last Fire Queen here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 18, 18 8:02 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Last Fire Queen here.

[Post New]by naillady on Feb 18, 18 8:51 AM
Hi,

Yet again unable to play this game. "Access violation message". This occurs so often now and is most annoying.

Playing on a PC running Windows 10, although it is never the OS always a game issue.

This is happening more and more and there is rarely a satisfactory resolution or explanation.

I had the same problem when trying to play the Collectors Edition of the same game and hoped that the problem had been fixed -- but no.

This is one of my favourite series - very disappointed - please fix.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Feb 18, 18 2:20 PM
naillady wrote:Hi,

Yet again unable to play this game. "Access violation message". This occurs so often now and is most annoying.

Playing on a PC running Windows 10, although it is never the OS always a game issue.

This is happening more and more and there is rarely a satisfactory resolution or explanation.

I had the same problem when trying to play the Collectors Edition of the same game and hoped that the problem had been fixed -- but no.

This is one of my favourite series - very disappointed - please fix.

To naillady
For what it's worth - just my opinion - I think there's still far too many glitches in the Win 10 OS - whenever I look at the tech issues for games - 95% of the problems are occurring on Win 10. I have win 10 on my computer but I NEVER use it - I don't like the interface. I also have win 8.1 - which is what my computers are set on. I rarely have any issues with anything - be it games or other programs, etc.

I am certainly not an expert in tech matters (not by a long shot), but I remember the "words of wisdom" I would hear from our tech guys at the company I worked for - "it takes 3 to 5 years to iron out any glitches in a new OS or program that comes out. NEVER go to a new platform or program when it is 1st released."

So - that is why I still use win 8.1 (even tho' win 10 is installed on my computers). I just purchased a new HP Pavilion 23" all-in-one computer. I told my "awesome" tech guys at the computer store I deal with - I want win 8.1 on my PC, set it up accordingly.

I consider myself very lucky that I had great tech guys when I was still working (I am retired now) and now, in the smaller town I live in, there is a superb trio of young men who work at the computer store I deal with who know me, my computers, and even make house calls !!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 18, 18 3:03 PM
Hi naillady,

Access violation errors can definitely be frustrating things. They're a type of error can appear for multiple reasons, such as interference from another program or a missing update for some of the software on the computer. More information and troubleshooting steps for this can be found here:

Access Violation
Windows 10

If the steps from those articles do not resolve the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team. You're also welcome to PM one of our Moderators with any questions that may be left over. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by jarhead48 on Feb 27, 18 6:26 AM
Keep getting runtime error then game shuts down

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 27, 18 10:00 AM
Hello jarhead48,

I'm sorry to hear about the Runtime Error that's coming up. This type of error indicates there's been a miscommunication between the computer and the game, and it's usually the result of some sort of software update being needed. The best place to start is running Windows Update to make sure all the latest updates from that are available. It's also good to check for video card driver updates using the steps from the link below:

Video Driver Updates

It's also great to update or reinstall Adobe Flash and Shockwave. For more information on doing this, please take a look at this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issue continues after that, please contact our Technical Support Team, or PM one of our Moderators with remaining questions. We'll do all we can to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by jarhead48 on Feb 27, 18 4:27 PM
I have reinstalled latest version of adobe flash but still have the problem .I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game but to no avail also. I will try updating windows and hope for luck.lol

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 27, 18 4:51 PM
Hello jarhead48,

Thank you so much for trying all of these troubleshooting steps. I definitely hope running a Windows Update will fix the troubles with Spirits of Mystery: The Last Fire Queen. If it does not, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to replace the game for you.

Your patience is sincerely appreciated. I hope you have a lovely evening.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by jarhead48 on Mar 4, 18 9:06 PM
Even after installing windows update I still had the same runtime error message then game crashed.I have since uninstalled the game and will keep the collectors edition and will check forums from now on before buying another game.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 5, 18 3:29 PM
Hi jarhead48,

I'm sorry to hear the offered steps didn't resolve the issue. Please send a message to our Technical Support Team to receive a replacement game. You're also welcome to PM one of our Moderators if there are questions about what information to send. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: