_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Funny Miners? Not Amused!

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jun 23, 10 1:22 AM
Where to start?

Well, at the beginning would be helpful. But the powers that be decided that wasn't the best choice in this game so they started us out on the 3rd level. Thanks for the heads up govegril!

Starting on the 3rd level meant that we missed what little tutorial there was.

But there is always the help section when in doubt, right? Not so much!

Annoying looped music.

All the miners return to the same place in the middle so you rarely actually click on the miner you are trying to.

Need to be very precise when clicking on rats and snakes, but they too are in the mix in the middle GRRR...

Not having fun!!

Taking my toys, going home, And I am gonna tell my Momma. so there

Edited on 06/23/2010 at 1:23:37 AM PST

Re:Funny Miners? Not Amused!

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Jun 23, 10 3:03 AM
The game is okay as a time management game, if you like them, but I don't understand what is funny about these guys?!?! Oh well.

christina1533
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by christina1533 on Jun 23, 10 10:28 AM
This game seemed unnecessarily tedious. Why do all of the miners want the same thing at the same time? Why do they all clump together in the middle? How do rats steal gems? Why are they mining around so many poisonous snakes? What's supposed to be funny about this situation?

I also started out on level 3, but then I created a new player profile, and I started at the beginning with the tutorial. I still only played about 3 levels before quitting. What a let down.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 23, 10 10:58 AM
they started us out on the 3rd level.

Oh, I thought I'd done something wrong! I went back to the main page, started a new profile, and was able to start at the beginning where there was actually a tutorial.

Hit Alt-Enter to make the game full-screen.

A whole lot of clicking to tell these guys where to go. I'd have preferred a drag and drop mechanic, as the way it's set up, it's hurting my wrist

Overall, not for me.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jun 23, 10 11:15 AM
Hi fishies,

We are looking into a fix for the issue where the game starts on level 3. For now the best work around would be to create a new player profile which should start you on the first level with the tutorial.

Thanks everyone!

bfgTigris

[Post New]by nikkislayer on Jun 23, 10 1:19 PM
they started us out on the 3rd level

AHHHHHH thats why there was no tutorial to begin with. I have kind of got it sussed without the tutorial anyway once I figured out the help screen. Currently Iam finding the game boring and cannot understand what is funny about the miners.

Regards

[Post New]by kylarae1 on Jun 23, 10 8:42 PM
game sucks! no tutorial. very frustrating! deleted after 5 minutes

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Jun 23, 10 10:32 PM
I lasted about 4 minutes before I gave up with no tutorial to start you off the game isn't playable.

BF please get your act together and make sure that these things don't keep happening - way too many problems with games recently.

Edited on 06/23/2010 at 10:33:46 PM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 24, 10 4:32 AM
well, i played with the tutorial and it doesn't make any improvements... you can't upgrade when you want to, only when the game tells you you can... the miners don't stay in the mine very long, instead gather in the common area and mull about... the suddenly, everyone is sick, or everyone is hungry, or everyone has busted tools... 'sup with that?? that bat flying to the city for gem exchange is ridiculous - you have to wait on him to fly down and then then go to the city and then you get your money when he gets back... the game plays sooo slow, but time keeps ticking away... blah - blah - blah....

not very amused myself!

kamenye
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by kamenye on Jun 24, 10 7:57 AM
nothing funny or amusing about this game...I can sum it up with one word...Lame!

Bailey868
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bailey868 on Jun 24, 10 6:18 PM
I'm surprised there were people who could actually last 4 or 5 minutes playing this tedious game. I think it took me all of 30 seconds until I was compelled to find the QUIT button. Whoever developed this game needs to find another line of work.

[Post New]by Shrimp_n_Grits on Jun 25, 10 1:05 PM
Wow. This is one of the worst demos I've ever played. The tutorial is a joke as is the gameplay. Delete!!

debhi
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by debhi on Jun 26, 10 6:11 PM
Okay one of the goals was to upgrade the mine. Hello you could not gather 150 points to upgrade. Anything over 100 and the bat or bird has to come and fly it away. I love time management games but this was just awful. I manually went to level 1 and 2. But it does not help you on figuring out how to upgrade mine. So not buying this.......lost an hour of my life trying to figure this out.

[Post New]by TeleGuy on Jun 27, 10 7:45 PM
Big Fish should do a better job of vetting games. This is the worst drivel I've tried in a very long time. In fact it's likely the worst casual game I've ever tried. You know when they say "not ready for prime time"? Well, this shouldn't even be out of Alpha!! Truly shameful.

Firster
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Firster on Jun 28, 10 1:31 AM
In my opinion, this is not the *worst* game ever.
The gnomes are kinda cute.
The music was ok.

Edited on 06/28/2010 at 1:38:02 AM PST

[Post New]by Hollie79 on Jun 30, 10 9:28 AM
Ok. I figured out at some point the tutorial was missing. After going through about 2 levels, I decided to try starting a new profile! So back to level one... and it taught me absolutely nothing I hadn't already figured out it just wasted my time. However, I realized on the second go around that the same level (was level one on original profile) I got something like one minute on the first time ever playing this game suddenly takes me 6 minutes to finish when I KNOW what I am doing. Why is this? Because the game is random. COMPLETELY RANDOM. One level the gnome will mine mine mine.. then replay the SAME level and the gnome will want to eat - fix tools - eat - go to hospital - eat - fix tools (AGAIN.. and why? how many times can your tools rebreak before you've even mined again!) - eat - go to hospital... THEN hes ready to mine.. but only ONCE before he needs to repeat all the aforementioned steps. You will spend more time sending your gnomes into different buildings than they spend working... in fact, the ratio goes like this = 5% of the time they mine (and thats the first 15 seconds of the level) then the rest 95% of the time they want to have happy circle fun party between all the want-fulfillment buildings.

Clearly, this developer did ZERO beta testing.

Why does the rat steal your gems? (They couldn't have used a TROLL instead? At least that would make a little sense.)

Why does the bat take 3 hours to fly the gems to town and come back to give you the gold when completing a level REQUIRES money in 45 seconds... how is this supposed to be POSSIBLE????

Why do the miners want the same thing over and over and over again. If you or me ate 10 times in a row, we wouldn't be able to FIT in the mine anymore.

The rat and snake start at completely random places.... INCLUDING the entrance to the mine where you literally have 2 nano-seconds to click the mouse before it enters the mine which is basically humanly impossible. You just see the rat long enough to know you missed it, there was nothing you can do, and now you will have to start over because forget GOLD status, you wont get silver or bronze either.

This post is getting long or I could have 15 more paragraphs as to why this game is TERRIBLE. I will be surprised if every single person who buys this doesn't ask for their money back and a game credit from BFG. NO MORE CRAPPY GAMES PLEEEEEEASE BFG!!!

lucyfres
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by lucyfres on Jul 27, 10 7:33 PM
The music is horrible. There is just not enough going on to make it interesting. The little gnomes should all be able to go in the restaurant at least two at a time before upgrading, and maybe if they added something......maybe bring you into the shop, restaurant, and so on. Just moving little gnomes in circles around and around is tedious and VERY BORING.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Funny Miners? Not Amused!

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 27, 12 9:10 PM
When I got to the level where I was supposed to upgrade the Hospital twice (okay, I can do that), I discovered that the mine had regressed to first level, so I could get only two miners into it at the same time.

That's when I quit permanently.

Go to: