Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

Wasted Money - Demo Time Deceptive

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Jun 23, 10 6:23 AM
I would have liked to finish this game but by Investigation 5, the timer was so unforgiving that I would never have gotten through it. It appears that there are 4 sites, but one has a 'secret' location so it's more like 5.

Timers are generally an automatic no-buy but the demo seemed all right and I thought the "optional" items were really optional. Some of the items are so small that they can't be identified and I replayed one level 3x and the items changed somewhat each time.

This is not a game for anyone with hand issues or who can not play quickly. I have nerve damage. The "spray the beetle" mini-game was enough to give me nerve damage! (I was permitted to finish that one after the timer and wished I could stop.)

I don't normally complain about my bad choices but there really should be a warning about those non-optional "optional" items at any rate.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

Re:Wasted Money - Demo Time Deceptive

[Post New]by kinget on Jul 17, 10 11:54 AM
I agree. I let it rest for a long time because I had new hand issues. Came back to it and thought I was doing okay but the small items and the loss of time and the difficulty in getting new hints through the "optional" items were bothering me again. I was pleased to have gotten back to the dig site after skipping the L and the E for the herbs. Did the first part and it froze my laptop totally. Can't see that there's any update and it's very unforgiving, so this goes in my Why did I buy this one? file.

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Aug 10, 10 7:38 PM
I just finished the game and really liked it although I agree that some of the objects were VERY small, but that's what I saved my hints for. The optional items really are optional. You can choose to skip them when the screen tells you there are more puzzles to solve, but you lose the opportunity to gain an extra hint. I only had to skip one. It did seem like the hidden objects got harder as the game went on, and I usually don't like timed games, but I only had to replay one investigation. All in all, I found the game to be quite challenging and very enjoyable. I did break it up somewhat by not playing more than one or two investigations at a time. I'm glad I bought it.

MJS2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by MJS2 on Apr 12, 11 10:12 AM
Thank you for the analysis. It really helps!

Go to: