game will not load

[Post New]by shop48 on Feb 18, 18 7:28 PM
I have an ASUS PC running Windows 10; my game worked fine for some time, now all i get is a blank screen when I click on play; anyone else have this problem?

fayeraye
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:game will not load

[Post New]by fayeraye on Mar 26, 18 9:59 AM
Exactly the same thing happened to me! any clue.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:game will not load

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 27, 18 8:03 AM
If the game ran on Win 10 earlier but doesn't now, it could be the new scaling feature Microsoft implemented in an update a few months ago which "broke" a lot of programs. If the game has never run on Win 10 you might be out of luck. A friend of mine posted this tip in another forum and maybe you could try it to see if it works. I'm still on Win 7 so can't give more details. By right clicking the icon maybe he means the Windows icon in the bottom left of the desktop. Can't remember when Silver Tale was released but you might also want to try setting the compatibility to Win 7 instead of 8.

Ashm00r wrote:If the game is not running properly under win10, it may be due to the new scaling feature Microsoft has implemented. You may right clicking the icon, go to "properties" -> "compatibility" and running the compatibility troubleshooter. If that does not work you may try to manually set the compatibility to windows 8 and then pressing "Change high DPI settings" -> check "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by" and select "Application" from the drop down menu.

Video driver or DirectX updates may also not be compatible with the game...it all depends on how your computer is configured and computers are like people in that no two are exactly alike.

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 8:07:45 AM PST

Go to: