bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

New Build for Mushroom Age - 10/30/08

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Oct 30, 08 10:11 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I'd let you know that Big Fish Games has published a new build of Mushroom Age that is available for download. This new build addresses the issues many users were having in which they could not progress past the first puzzle of the game that involved waking the professor.

If you are unsure of how to get a new build of a game, then take a look at our help topic entitled Uninstall / Reinstall a Game.

You can download the new build of Mushroom Age by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums, and happy gaming!

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:New Build for Mushroom Age - 10/30/08

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Oct 31, 08 9:31 AM
Hello, I am having problems with this game letting me start where I finished instead of starting all over again. I uninstalled the game and then downloaded it again, but it still starts me at he beginning again. What I am doing wrong? I though I was downloading the new build for the game. Thanks----Lin

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Oct 31, 08 9:46 AM
I believe when you uninstall that the file where your game progess is, is also deleted. I know when I've done this for other games that I've had to start over as well. I haven't purchased this one yet, but did install the new build. I'm sure I'll have to start over too, although I wasn't too far into it with just the demo time.

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Oct 31, 08 10:31 AM
Well. I uninstalled the game agian, and downloaded the link for the build. This time I saved the file, instead of run. I played the game to the second chapter, and exited the game, and it still starts me at chapter one again. It does not save my name, either. I have a vista operating sysyem, but all other games for BF run just fine. Any ideas anyone? I have purchased the game, and am finding it very frustrating that I can''t play it properly.--Linda

tazziebb
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by tazziebb on Nov 4, 08 5:39 AM
I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game how do I know if I got the New Build for Mushroom Age? I purchased the game on 10/16/2008.

[Post New]by ilovephins on Nov 4, 08 8:24 AM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game several times including the new build and it still doesn't work. I have now run out of demo time so will not be buying this game which is sad because I buy all the HO games. But this one just will not even let me do the first thing. I get through the first conversation fine but as soon as the professor faints is slows down and just will not let me do anything.

sandydee8
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sandydee8 on Nov 4, 08 9:06 PM
Hi,

I uninstalled the game, shut down my computer, reinstalled the game - and I still can't wake up the poor professor - I just get a little red "x" whenever I put my mouse on the bottle or the books. Any other ideas (please)?

Sandy Donovan

[Post New]by peanut71253 on Nov 7, 08 3:50 AM
downloaded new build and am having same problem, won't let me revive prof, just keep getting red x's where hint tells me to go. i'm giving up on this one. if anyone has any additional thoughts let me know

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 7, 08 4:15 AM
peanut71253 wrote:downloaded new build and am having same problem, won't let me revive prof, just keep getting red x's where hint tells me to go. i'm giving up on this one. if anyone has any additional thoughts let me know
Perhaps you should contact tech support. You can click on the Need Tech Support link on the right side of this page. Then if you look under the Top Ten Answers and click on Update My PC there is some really good information on how tech support can help. It shows how you can capture info from your computer using the Direct X Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag). Then tech support can use that info to help determine what is wrong. I had great results when I sent my info to Big Fish tech support. They were able to show me how to get the latest updates that are compatible with my computer and my games run much better now.

MinkDoe
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by MinkDoe on Nov 7, 08 12:17 PM
Wow Lizzie, you are great!! I didn't realize I could do that.
Will try it.

[Post New]by leeward_lilli on Nov 8, 08 2:50 PM
I have asked for Tech support twice on this game because of being frozen at level 14 (I think it was 14) and then frozen again at the beginning after uninstalling and reinstalling the new build. I've very disappointed with this lack of response.... even if it was... we are working on this. No reply to either trouble ticket.

I had excellent service when I had a problem getting a Nancy Drew game to even start up, but this latest ... no response on Mushroom Age... Feel I'm being blown off. Why?

[Post New]by leeward_lilli on Nov 11, 08 9:25 AM
Yes, I have a laptop but Mushroom ran fine until about Level 14 and then froze with the Xs. Then the new build won't run at all, well it runs but you get the red Xs.

Games need to be more direct as to what system is required. My laptop is many years old but upgraded to 2GB ram and it had a pretty snazzy graphics card. I don't buy cheap computers.

Lets us know when fixed or when I can get a refund and get another game.
I really liked the story.... Bother.

[Post New]by leeward_lilli on Nov 11, 08 11:44 AM
Just checked my computer and it has a 32 Graphics card. Looked at the requirements listed for the game and it didn't say anything about graphics card, I have tons more RAM and everything else. BF needs to change the listing and give refunds.

How do I get a refund...? I have sent in two Tech Help requests on this game and have not gotten any reply.

Has everyone lost their job?

Please help!

mandarine
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mandarine on Nov 11, 08 3:08 PM
Yup-

This works like a dream on the desktop PC, but like most of us, my laptop has a 32 mg vid card....it's a monster as laptops go, hubby is a computer tech for the guvment, so he looooooooves to build HUGE home systems to play with, but the vid card is NOT upgradable on the PC....so I'm hoping Santa will bring me a new laptop!
I agree, there should be something, somewhere, that warns about needing more of anything-ram, vid, whatever.
That being said, it's such a neat game, it's been worth sitting in the nasty den/ workroom/computer room/music room/whatever the DH is doing this weekend room in order to play it!
As for the tech response, I think they're most likely overloaded, just with this game-have you seen all the complaints? I griped pretty early on, and have nothing but love for the response I got, but I can sure understand why everyone is getting upset at this point.

Go to: