bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 24, 10 12:05 AM
Help Lyra, Faye's daughter, find the unique Clockmaker and escape from a strange dimension in Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air!

This is a special Collector's Edition early release. The game is scheduled to be released in 2-3 weeks so, the Collector's Edition is for those who can't wait to dive back into Dream Chronicles. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases counts toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

Experience all the exclusive Collector's Edition extras!

The Collector's Edition includes:

Bonus locations and gameplay
Magnificent soundtrack
Built-in Strategy Guide
A sneak peek of the next game

Edited on 06/24/2010 at 1:00:09 PM PST

julie2753
Clownfish
Clownfish
542 Posts

Re:Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition

[Post New]by julie2753 on Jun 24, 10 12:15 AM
DL now am so excited cant wait to play it.

LEOTA26
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by LEOTA26 on Jun 24, 10 12:26 AM
Why does it have to be yet another C/E? I really like BF because of the great value of the 6.99 games. At the beginning of the month, I purchase a certain amount of credits, as to not over spend. Credits, however, do not let you purchase a C/E. It seems to me that there have been a bit too many C/E lately. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by kafu2014 on Jun 24, 10 12:26 AM
ok its downloading now

Edited on 06/24/2010 at 12:27:54 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jun 24, 10 12:28 AM
It will be a cold day in heck before I pay $20.00 for a HOG. I will definitely wait. The extras are not worth it no matter what game it is.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Jun 24, 10 12:52 AM
Tempted, but I'm going to wait for this one too. Still haven't seen the regular version of Flux Family Secrets - that must be due very soon.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jun 24, 10 12:53 AM
I agree with Sassielassie. I would rather purchase 3 games for the same price.

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Jun 24, 10 12:53 AM
How cold does heck get these days? Mmmmm, SO excited to FINALLY have this game out!!!!!!! It's DL now and I'm going to bed because I have to get up in a few hours to watch the New Zealand vs Paraguay game!

timhouse
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by timhouse on Jun 24, 10 1:09 AM
WHY THE CE ALWAYS COME OUT AT THE END OF THE MONTH.SO YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY MORE GAMES TO GET FREE GAMES TO MAKE IT WORTH IT. I SMELL A BIGFISH RAT

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 24, 10 1:16 AM
I have a general question about CEs and Reg version games: If you download the CE to demo the game (like getting a sneak peak) but then want to wait to purchase the regular version game, do you have to uninstall the CE version and then download and install the regular version when you buy the regular version?? Does anybody know?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 24, 10 1:25 AM
It is really beyond my comprehension how anybody could look at the quality graphics in the promo and walkthrough and not wonder how a game like this could ever sell for less than $20. Isn't creativity and talent, or even original ideas worth anything anymore? And then reviews for $6.99 games are full of complaints about poor quality, clones, too short, or "may get when a DD for $2.99.

Sorry for having to get that off my chest, but also sorry I cannot buy this game myself at any price. I couldn't play the first ones either.Too many teensy items for small laptop screen resolutions and old eyes so I miss out on the fun if I have to play click by click along with a walkthrough. Adventurers, puzzlers with big screens rejoice and enjoy!! Now, if they published a coffee table picture book of them all I'd buy it just to look at and read the stories.

Kudos to the developer, and wishing you the same or better success as your previous offerings.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jun 24, 10 1:39 AM
Until now I've been only mildly disappointed about the CE's because I didn't care that much about missing the bonus game play for those games (the strategy guide, previews, wallpaper, screen saver, etc. don't interest me at all.)

But I love the Dream Chronicle games so much, and can't afford the CE and won't buy it and am very disappointed. I wish I could pay a small amount just for the bonus play material and not the rest of the bundle. $20 is a lot of food or medicine for me.

Sorry but I had to get that off my chest. I'll wait for the regular version and try not to think about the bonus game play.

ETA: I do understand some games costing a lot like the ones my hubby gets but they last him many months. I don't understand the argument about the publisher or BFG needing to do this unless they were losing money on previous issues. Were they?

Edited on 06/24/2010 at 1:53:27 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 24, 10 1:41 AM
Hey puzzledone- you are puzzled why folks complain about the price tag-

I purchased a game last month called The Whispered World. The graphics are beautiful hand drawn, full voice acting, game play minimum 25-30 hours in this game.
It cost me $25
No bells and whistles- just a full blown beautiful game.

Check out the game Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island another new game- it cost me $20. Another game that will last me 30 hours of play.

I know to you personally these causal games are worth $20 but for some of us that do have other gaming interests- we can see how the price of CE's is ridiculously overpriced

When you play and purchase large file adventure games it is beyond compreshension how anyone can think a casual 3-4 hour game could be worth more than $10.

I have been weak with CE's for a while but time I put my foot down and spend my $20 where I am going to get the most value and that is 3 casual games or a game of another genre actually worth $20!

Edited on 06/24/2010 at 1:42:47 AM PST

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jun 24, 10 1:48 AM
For those of you new to Dream Chronicles, can you tell everyone is pretty excited about this game being released? Good reason - phenomenal game!! Fantastic graphics and immerseable fairytale like game play. Absolutely charming. As far as I know this is the fourth in a series (at least I have played three previously - are there more?) This is an absolute BUY for me. I've played the hour demo and it looks like this one is every bit as good as the others.

Only decision is like everyone else . . . do I have enough patience to wait till the regular version comes out? I have never bought a CE before. But this is sooo tempting. Not because of the extras, just because I don't want to wait a month (it was over 5 weeks for Royal Envoy) I do agree, there are quite a few CE games lately. But then BFG has to be run as a business from their perspective not always from our perspective So I can't totally fault them for that, never the less that doesn't help with my patience level. Maybe they are banking on that? Maybe it's called "Good marketing strategy?"

EXTRAS with CE
1. Bonus locations and gameplay
hmmm - wonder how that is worked into the game. Not as easy as adding extra levels in a TM game.
2. Magnificent Soundtrack
personally I can take it or leave it. Wouldn't pay extra for background music in any game.
3. Built in Strategy Guide
Not very critical since a walkthrough has already been posted
4. A sneak Peak of the next game.
WOW - another one already in the making? Nice!!

have a nice weekend all
KIW0612

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Jun 24, 10 2:06 AM
I have bought all 3 previous DC games and have enjoyed playing them all. Looking forward to the trial on this new game but will not be buying till the short version comes available just because I can not afford it. If I could I would buy just because I enjoy playing the games.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 24, 10 2:11 AM
Sorry stepping on any toes here. I am on an extremely small entertainment budget myself, Soc Sec and a small disability monthly. I don't pay for extended cable TV, movies, DVDs, even music CDs anymore. I try not to spend more than $30-35 a month for games. If I buy a CE, so far 3 I'm happy with if user friendly, I buy early in the month and fill in with some DDs or wait til sales to fill in a card. I don't buy credits in advance because I pay cash for the bargains. But that's just me and allows me to eat very well.

We all buy and play and expect for different reasons. I don't personally pay to play by the hour but the experience, like movies. Same price whether long or short generally. But then I wasn't an adventure gamer to start with so I'm not comparing those with casual download games.

Since I haven't experienced this game, just window shopping, I should not have even made my comments here as they are more for art appreciation and how little value is placed in the development. Not whether people can afford it or not. Let's let the players and reviewers have the space, I truly just meant to compliment the devs who IMO deserve it.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Jun 24, 10 2:14 AM
I have bought all the previous DC games, and they are among my favourites...sadly i wont be buying the CE of this though, but not because i disagree with the price, just that if i spend it on this one game, i wont be able to buy any more this month..
I have never bought a CE game before, but i would definetly spend it on this one if i could

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Jun 24, 10 2:17 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:I have a general question about CEs and Reg version games: If you download the CE to demo the game (like getting a sneak peak) but then want to wait to purchase the regular version game, do you have to uninstall the CE version and then download and install the regular version when you buy the regular version?? Does anybody know?

Hey, i am pretty sure you will need to uninstall the CE, if you buy the SE, as they are both different versions (CE having extra's etc)..i know this has happend when i have demo'd the CE and then bought the SE version.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Jun 24, 10 2:18 AM
KIW0612 wrote:For those of you new to Dream Chronicles, can you tell everyone is pretty excited about this game being released? Good reason - phenomenal game!! Fantastic graphics and immerseable fairytale like game play. Absolutely charming. As far as I know this is the fourth in a series (at least I have played three previously - are there more?) This is an absolute BUY for me. I've played the hour demo and it looks like this one is every bit as good as the others.

Only decision is like everyone else . . . do I have enough patience to wait till the regular version comes out? I have never bought a CE before. But this is sooo tempting. Not because of the extras, just because I don't want to wait a month (it was over 5 weeks for Royal Envoy) I do agree, there are quite a few CE games lately. But then BFG has to be run as a business from their perspective not always from our perspective So I can't totally fault them for that, never the less that doesn't help with my patience level. Maybe they are banking on that? Maybe it's called "Good marketing strategy?"

EXTRAS with CE
1. Bonus locations and gameplay
hmmm - wonder how that is worked into the game. Not as easy as adding extra levels in a TM game.
2. Magnificent Soundtrack
personally I can take it or leave it. Wouldn't pay extra for background music in any game.
3. Built in Strategy Guide
Not very critical since a walkthrough has already been posted
4. A sneak Peak of the next game.
WOW - another one already in the making? Nice!!

have a nice weekend all
KIW0612

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 24, 10 2:29 AM
Hey no problem puzzledone, I can appreciate that you find the value. Just trying to shed some light if possible on why complaints about the price- everyone has their own reasons of course so that is from my perspective and I can get better for same price elsewhere.
You should check out the screenshots on Whispered world for the artistry if you are interested in that sort of thing because they are just outstanding. In the game breathtaking!

Go to: