bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 24, 10 12:21 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition

[Post New]by limey_scale on Jun 24, 10 1:48 AM
Yippie!!! Been waiting for this one for eons - if it anywhere near as good as the previous trilogy it will be well worth the extra cost - I am VERY impatient and know I can't wait for the regular version
Happy gaming

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Imberis on Jun 24, 10 1:55 AM
I can't quite decide about this one!

Pros: The graphics are excellent! The sounds are also nice. So far the puzzles have been interesting. It's in the same style as the previous games, except you collect the dream jewels to get certain powers that you use throughout the game.

Cons: The girl's voice! It drives me insane. I had to skip through her dialogue and just read it instead. Things that you need to interact with sparkle, which I didn't like. I played on casual mode (so that I could skip mini-games if I absolutely needed to), so I don't know if the sparkles are also in the hard mode. Some of the puzzles have been really easy. They're interesting, but easy. I hope they get harder as the game goes on. Some of the dream jewels are reeeeally tiny. It didn't bother me, but I imagine some people might not like that. The "cons" are just minor things, though.

I have enjoyed the other Dream Chronicles games, but this one just didn't grab me like the others (although I can't quite pinpoint why). It was OK, but I didn't really have the desire to keep playing after the demo finished. I think I'll probably just wait for the regular version to come out.

Edited on 06/24/2010 at 1:59:13 AM PST

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Jun 24, 10 2:05 AM
I'm only one chapter in and enjoying it so far. It seems as good as the other Dream Chronicles which I loved. Only gripe so far is that I would rather play in challenge mode but you can't skip puzzles - something I didn't want to risk as I hate being stuck on a puzzle I don't like. It also seems a bit slow to acknowledge you've finished a puzzle. I kept clicking my map pieces before I realised the picture was slowly changing and it took a while for the codes to appear in the books.
I've paid up because I trust the series and really wanted a new game.
So I'm going back in to enjoy the dream world.

lizthequiz
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by lizthequiz on Jun 24, 10 2:29 AM
happy! happy! happy! it's been a long wait
but I've gotta go to work now
Oh well my man can get his own dinner tonite 'cos I know what I'll be doing

julie2753
Clownfish
Clownfish
542 Posts

[Post New]by julie2753 on Jun 24, 10 2:37 AM
So far so good loving the game, the symbol puzzles are a bit hard (Unless its me)but the graphics are beautifull.

_Jinxy_
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by _Jinxy_ on Jun 24, 10 3:16 AM

I just played the trial version and have to say that the quote below describes exactly how I feel. I was somewhat dissapointed.

Imberis wrote:I can't quite decide about this one!

Pros: The graphics are excellent! The sounds are also nice. So far the puzzles have been interesting. It's in the same style as the previous games, except you collect the dream jewels to get certain powers that you use throughout the game.

Cons: The girl's voice! It drives me insane. I had to skip through her dialogue and just read it instead. Things that you need to interact with sparkle, which I didn't like. I played on casual mode (so that I could skip mini-games if I absolutely needed to), so I don't know if the sparkles are also in the hard mode. Some of the puzzles have been really easy. They're interesting, but easy. I hope they get harder as the game goes on. Some of the dream jewels are reeeeally tiny. It didn't bother me, but I imagine some people might not like that. The "cons" are just minor things, though.

I have enjoyed the other Dream Chronicles games, but this one just didn't grab me like the others (although I can't quite pinpoint why). It was OK, but I didn't really have the desire to keep playing after the demo finished. I think I'll probably just wait for the regular version to come out.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 24, 10 3:16 AM
I like this game but it does seem to lack some of the charm and mystery of the first Dream Chronicles series.

[Post New]by chris122049 on Jun 24, 10 3:17 AM
I love it! Yeah, the girl's voice is a little irritating with it's accent but the graphics are original and beautiful. They truly created a new world for this series of games. Kind of like Star Trek! Once you get into their world, it truly is a game that you can escape to and enjoy. I've played the first three so this one feels comfortable to me now. The puzzles so far seem to be just as interesting as the past games.

I love collecting the jewels in order to go on. Yes, I get stuck here and there but that's the challenge of it to me. I want a game where I have to search a little for the next step.

I wish I could just sit here and play it all morning but I have to go out and won't be able to come back to it until later today. Liz, I cracked up at hubby getting his own supper! Yup! I know what I will be doing tonight!

lydiajmack
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by lydiajmack on Jun 24, 10 3:50 AM
thanks for all your fishy reviews so early!!! I so fell in love with the whole series that I am going to buy without even demoing. I can't wait!!!!!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 24, 10 3:58 AM
allready bought too.........will be doing a disappearing act from the forums till i am done i am sure

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 24, 10 4:32 AM
Downloading the demo, I'm dead sure I won't be able to wait for the regular version....

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on Jun 24, 10 4:58 AM
[b]Think I'll wait for the the regular version to come out. It's interesting but I like the other Dream Chroncles better. Just me, I guess.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jun 24, 10 5:21 AM
I don't like this one as much as I did previous Dream Chronicles. The gameplay is slower when you click on things. And there's no real hint as what to do next, so you often have to use the strategy guide, which I don't like to have to use.

I find it annoying to search for all those dream jewels in each scene and each puzzle. The puzzles aren't that hard and you can skip them, which is good. Graphics are nice but take up a lot of computer resource, so maybe that's why gameplay is slower than usual?

I won't be buying this one but will wait until the regular version comes out. Not worth $20 even with three punches on your card. I really WANTED to like it - but I don't.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jun 24, 10 5:49 AM
Possible SPOILERIt

It took just 3 hours to complete; I did skip some puzzles but not many. I think the most disappointing part was the CE extra gameplay. Seems the developers added just a few silly word games and jigsaw puzzles, which appears to be laziness on their part! Could have so easily had an extra chapter for those of us that paid the extra.
Nothing to say when the game was over; had to view strategy guide!
On the up side, it's the first one of these games I've managed to finish.
I usually love CE versions of any games with the extras; but I'm not sure there is anything worth the extra money on this game except the built in strategy guide.

tarbarme
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by tarbarme on Jun 24, 10 5:52 AM
I could have saved money on this one. The graphics and sounds are great but the game is too short and the "Bonus" level is a joke. All u do in the bonus level is unscramble letters or do jigsaw puzzles to see some concept art and a boring picture at the end. The boring picture is supposed to be the sneak peak of the next book. Its only a house in the middle of a desert.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jun 24, 10 6:30 AM
A great addition to the Dream Chronicle series. I played the hour and was shocked it went by so fast.! I had made it through a portal and was assembling an item ( i am trying not to give away anything), when my time ran out. Lots of play time left I'm sure. I found it to be a smooth transition with the other dream chronicles. Of course I am prejudiced because they are my all time favorites. I never tire of playing them and I'm challenged all the time.

I did the casual mode. I will play challenge later. I like casual to get to know the game. I also love all the graphics and it loaded well on my computer. It wasn't full screen but the bottom and top were filled out. The sides were still short. It was easy to find things and with this comps resolution things are very sharp. I did not need hint often ...if at all...I think I used it once. Music is nice, girls voice? okay...it's a girl...LOL...grandfather is so smooth and loving..heh, heh..just like a grandpa should be.

I love collector additions because I get the whole package. I love the art pages the most.
The strategy guide is a nice addition if I need it. I usually need it somewhere.

Just a 5 fin production for me. I'm off to play the game. Happy gaming to the rest of you!

Sally

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Jun 24, 10 6:33 AM
Thanks about the warning about the Bonus material. I was considering buying it, but only if it was another full chapter. I don't use wallpaper and screen savers, and while the background music is very pleasant, none of this is worth an extra $13 especially as we can't use credits.

The ingame strategy guide is nice, but it can't tell if you are playing casual or challenging, so you see the answers to both which is very annoying and a huge spoiler.

Developers! just because we want to skip an impossible game (the wall puzzle at the clock makers for me) doesn't mean we want easy puzzles. The other puzzles in the casual level (in the demo time) were just too easy.

I also found the girl's voice annoying - I don't mind accents, but this one seemed odd. Fortunately you can turn off the voices without turning off the music or sounds.

Other than that I like the game and will be buying it when the regular version comes out. It really is gorgeous, I love collecting the dream stones, and it's not timed so you can enjoy the scenery. Wish you could skip the cut scenes though - I don't need to be reminded of what I just did a moment ago.

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Jun 24, 10 6:37 AM
I don't even try it, I'm buying it right now!

shineybag
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by shineybag on Jun 24, 10 7:13 AM
Awsome

The bset I ve buyed it

Go to: