bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 24, 10 12:21 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 06/24/2010 at 12:05:35 PM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Post any Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jun 24, 10 2:55 AM
i can't go on for the wall clock puzzle don't work!i have turned the tiles in good position but nothing happens!(i have already repair pipe and bell);the bell rings and it is said to return to the book,and i have got an another iron tile in my inventory!i think there is a bug!i think i have to go back and play game for the beginning!!!!!
WHY IS THERE NO SAVES IN THOSE GAMES?for play again for beginning is boring!!!and frustating!

Re:Post any Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by scofield69 on Jun 24, 10 3:39 AM
I also am stuck at the wall with the tiles. I can not also get into the room with no light. How did you do the bell already and the pipe?

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Jun 24, 10 4:00 AM
o.k. so I played the hour (try before you buy, yes?) Loved the game & I splashed out & bought it .....I arrive at the clockmakers home, & at that point (when I solve a clock puzzle; done 2 so far) I get an error violation & I have to close the game! At least I don't lose all my progress BUT I'm getting this problem every time I try to exit the close-up. Great
Looks like a trip to the Tech. boys & girls....sadly, not for the first time. It's happened quite a bit recently.
Am I the only one this is happening to?

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Jun 24, 10 5:03 AM
Got a similar problem. I've bought the game. I'm up to music island. I did part of the totem puzzle then skipped the rest of it. I didn't get any note in my book telling me how to print the blue tiles so tediously copied it all down on paper, made the tiles, got the key and got 'access violation' when I tried to use the map.
It shut down, I restarted and now have notes in my book about the totem musical notes but map won't let me use reveal to get my next destination!
not happy. For a CE game do not expect bugs like this!!

bell65
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by bell65 on Jun 24, 10 5:11 AM
hi
this game is very sweet but is there a problem with the 3rd tree with caterpillar
it wont allow me to exit or put branches up is this a tec problem?

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Jun 24, 10 5:23 AM
Well it's getting even worse for me..I thought I'd "dump" & then reload from my purchase history, which I did. NOW my games manager tells me that the installation has failed ....Error 770-1008!
Checked all the usual culprits, you know the drill.....fire wall, connected to the net...browser settings correct? etc. etc.etc.
All o.k. my end, so?
Guess I'll try again..."If at first you don't succeed....." got nothing better to do than try to download a game that has worked perfectly for an hour but now refuses to let me play!

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Jun 24, 10 5:24 AM
The game won't play for me. It tries to start, then goes to a window that's all white with a black box in one corner and starts playing music that sounds like it was recorded while someone's playing with a sack of marbles. I have to force quit. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Help! I really want to play this game!

I have a Mac, btw, and generally don't have problems even with graphics-intensive games.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Jun 24, 10 5:25 AM
oh NO
I had problems on Puppet show CE ....Fingers crossed it works...Still DLing

Pathmtl
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Pathmtl on Jun 24, 10 5:28 AM
Downloaded twice still get black screen, music only nothing else !!!! So disappointed have all the dream chronicle games. MAC user. Checked help & still get nothing this has never happened to me before with my MAC.

geezerhundmom
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by geezerhundmom on Jun 24, 10 5:33 AM
Can't activate the game. Downloaded fine - but repeatedly won't activate. Am very frustrated as I can't wait to play this game (bought it without demoing it first!), Have tried disabling my firewall and everything else I can think of to no avail!

mariner3b
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mariner3b on Jun 24, 10 7:38 AM
i've completed the tasks at the clockmaker's house. When I return to the airship and click on map, then reveal, nothing happens. The tree house, etc. do not appear as locations. Help! I just purchased the game and now I can't proceed.

judimose
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by judimose on Jun 24, 10 8:31 AM
I went to "Options" and clicked on Strategy guide - and the little spiraling circles are still spinning. The game won't let me escape.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jun 24, 10 8:32 AM
I played two betas of this game. The first was riddled with problems. I see they evidently got rid of those, but there are more further into the game. DLing to see, but not confident. I will wait for the SE in any case, but the tech problems are a pain - and increasingly frequent.

chrelm
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by chrelm on Jun 24, 10 8:58 AM
The game failed to install on my computer. It downloaded fine but then failed to install.

DKGuild
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by DKGuild on Jun 24, 10 9:01 AM
I got all the way to 3 key clock puzzles. Did not solve them in order (oops) According to strategy guide have solved correctly but puzzle won't complete. Do I need to start over?
Don't know when I'm going to learn to WAIT for the regular game $6.99.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jun 24, 10 9:02 AM
Hi fishies,

If you are experiencing a black screen or display issues, it may help to check for updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. These updates are quick and are almost always free. Here is a link with more information.

Display Errors

Also, if you are getting Access Violation errors, checking for the updates above can help with this as well. You may also want to try running your game and Game Manager as administrator. Here is a link below:

Run as Administrator

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

ETA: Here is a link to our walkthrough to check out the clock and tile puzzles with screen shots that may help!

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

Edited on 06/24/2010 at 11:05:31 AM PST

[Post New]by rufus79 on Jun 24, 10 9:09 AM
Hi - Bought DC 4 today and have no technical problems (as yet) but I am stuck with an inventory of roman numerals but can't find where to place them. I have completed all the puzzles and hopefully once I have placed the numerals in a clock face I will be able to leave for the next destination. Any advice? Many thanks.

[Post New]by sheilamags on Jun 24, 10 11:04 AM
I have the same problem as Chrelm!! Downloads ok then says instalation failed ! Whats going on?? I was so looking forward to playing this game

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jun 24, 10 11:19 AM
Me too! It d/loaded fine - then said I needed an update, I said ok and then it crashed.

Go to: