Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Travel Mosaics: A Paris Tour here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 19, 18 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/19/2018 at 8:15:12 AM PST

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Travel Mosaics A Paris Tour here.

[Post New]by beckx020 on Feb 19, 18 7:02 AM
I only got to the second puzzle. The black non-tiles just irritated me. Looked like it would be a good game, but couldn't deal with the black.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 19, 18 7:35 AM
@beckx020

I agree with you about the black screen.

I managed the first 8 levels all with 3 stars, I then tried to open level 9 and a pop up box appeared saying "Complete 6 levels with 2 stars to unlock the Bonus levels"!!

I was more than irritated, so I gave up.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Travel Mosaics: A Paris Tour here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 19, 18 8:14 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Travel Mosaics A Paris Tour! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Travel Mosaics A Paris Tour.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by lilfishbigpond2 on Feb 19, 18 9:24 AM
hey guys... it's a good game ! not too much brain, just enough to get you through the rain.. some of you will get this.. enjoy (-;

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Feb 19, 18 9:38 AM
I really like this game, I bought it on another site a while back.....I love the music, colors, the power ups are really cool....I am basically ignoring trying to get perfect scores in order to get to play the minigames, those type of mingames are not my cup of tea anyways....I would rather much play the 140 levels using the power ups, makes it much more interesting ...Developers, more like this one please!!!!!

[Post New]by JetDogsOy on Feb 19, 18 10:20 AM
Daxadillion wrote:@beckx020

I agree with you about the black screen.

I managed the first 8 levels all with 3 stars, I then tried to open level 9 and a pop up box appeared saying "Complete 6 levels with 2 stars to unlock the Bonus levels"!!

I was more than irritated, so I gave up.

Can you give a bit more details what happened? Screenshot from the levels menu maybe?

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 19, 18 11:35 AM

This game has two major strikes against it..Some of the levels aren't based upon logic, requiring you to either guess or use a Power-up to solve it. The second strike is that the grids start out entirely black, and the crossed off squares are are also black, with a circle. This makes it really difficult to tell which squares are crossed off, and for me it became frustrating, as I tried to figure out where one square stopped and another started.

It's too bad that these two flaws exist, because otherwise this would be an awesome Griddler that has otherwise some good features. The filled in squares are colorful, and look like 3D bubbles. You can play in an Easy mode which crosses off one by one or Difficult mode which only crosses off squares when the entire row or column has been completed. I wasn't crazy about the music, but that's an easy fix.

As you fill in tiles, you will earn coins, or Power-up recharges. Power-ups can be upgraded, and you can also buy Souvenir's. There are Power-ups such asa Hammer, Sun, Lightning and even a Bomb, they start out with very little coverage area which increases with each upgrade.

Each Location has 6 main levels, 1 bonus level and 1 additional puzzle. You must earn at least 2 Stars on each mail level to open the bonus puzzles, and you have to earn at least 1 Star in each of the main levels to unlock the next location.

There is a Book icon that gives a brief description of the locations, which comes in handy if you make too many mistakes, because you will be asked some questions about the locations as a chance to earn another chance.

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Feb 19, 18 1:14 PM
The black-on-black is a major deal breaker. I didn't get far enough to use any power ups. Hopefully the devs will see this thread and take note of the same complaint from "all" of us.
This is even worse than the griddler series that uses a beige X on light beige squares. I can't play them either.
That sorta leaves the penguins, whose pictures are often unrecognizable.

[Post New]by JetDogsOy on Feb 19, 18 11:39 PM
pennmom36 wrote:

This game has two major strikes against it..Some of the levels aren't based upon logic, requiring you to either guess or use a Power-up to solve it. The second strike is that the grids start out entirely black, and the crossed off squares are are also black, with a circle. This makes it really difficult to tell which squares are crossed off, and for me it became frustrating, as I tried to figure out where one square stopped and another started.

Devs are here and listening We'll think to to make grids and crossed off squares more visible in the next game sequel (it will be Roman holidays btw ).

Do you have any ideas how to show logic on levels? Some easy hints? We tried to make levels based on logic, but sometimes it's not obvious at all and hard to solve.

Anyway, feel free to suggest any ideas here and we'll try to take into account all of them.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Feb 20, 18 10:54 AM
The wiggly paint brush in the color block bothers me. I try not to look at it but it is there. Stop the movement. Thanks.

Edited on 02/20/2018 at 1:15:28 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 20, 18 11:23 AM
@JetDogsOy

Okay, now I'm totally impressed! Thanks for responding

As I stated in my review, this game would be a 10 game, but the black tiles and black circles have got to go.

As for the logic, it drives me nuts when a puzzle can't be solved without using logic or a power-up. The power-ups you offer, however are awesome, and I wouldn't change it. I also like the bonus puzzle levels and the colorful 3D tiles! But when there's no possible way of figuring out a puzzle, even when I switch to other colors, it's no fun.

Because you have a unique star system, and require the player to earn a specific amount of stars to progress, perhaps an easy/medium/hard mode bonus puzzle could be included as the bonus puzzle where you would need to finish all 3 stages perhaps??

Don't give up, you're definitely onto something here!

[Post New]by JetDogsOy on Feb 21, 18 8:50 AM
Thanks for your reply. We'll think how we can solve that

pennmom36 wrote:@JetDogsOy

Okay, now I'm totally impressed! Thanks for responding

As I stated in my review, this game would be a 10 game, but the black tiles and black circles have got to go.

As for the logic, it drives me nuts when a puzzle can't be solved without using logic or a power-up. The power-ups you offer, however are awesome, and I wouldn't change it. I also like the bonus puzzle levels and the colorful 3D tiles! But when there's no possible way of figuring out a puzzle, even when I switch to other colors, it's no fun.

Because you have a unique star system, and require the player to earn a specific amount of stars to progress, perhaps an easy/medium/hard mode bonus puzzle could be included as the bonus puzzle where you would need to finish all 3 stages perhaps??

Don't give up, you're definitely onto something here!

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Feb 21, 18 11:41 AM
I read a few reviews where it was said that you have to complete at least 2 stars for each level to get to the bonus level, but I don't see that when I play the game...it says I have to obtain 3 stars for each level, in other words, perfect everytime....for me, there is no way that I will achieve that....I am not that good at mosaics yet...so it is very frustrating to me to have to get perfect on every level just to do an extra puzzle....that is the only thing I don't like about the game....if you didn't have to do that in order to play an extra level, that would suit me just fine...just the straight 140 levels is great!!!! Please tell me that this is not going to be done on the sequel to Travel Mosaics ....Developers, you have something great going here, apart from how you have to get to the bonus levels....keep up the great work!!!! In spite of that, I would rate this game 11 out of 10!!!!!!

[Post New]by JetDogsOy on Feb 23, 18 8:50 AM
Pickles77 wrote:I read a few reviews where it was said that you have to complete at least 2 stars for each level to get to the bonus level, but I don't see that when I play the game...it says I have to obtain 3 stars for each level, in other words, perfect everytime....for me, there is no way that I will achieve that....I am not that good at mosaics yet...so it is very frustrating to me to have to get perfect on every level just to do an extra puzzle....that is the only thing I don't like about the game....if you didn't have to do that in order to play an extra level, that would suit me just fine...just the straight 140 levels is great!!!! Please tell me that this is not going to be done on the sequel to Travel Mosaics ....Developers, you have something great going here, apart from how you have to get to the bonus levels....keep up the great work!!!! In spite of that, I would rate this game 11 out of 10!!!!!!

Could you please tell me what platform are you using for playing? PC/MAC?

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Feb 23, 18 7:34 PM
Hi JetDogsOy! I am really impressed that you are reading the reviews and listening to our input! I am playing on a windows 10 laptop I am looking forward to your next Mosaics game, I am enjoying A Paris Tour (minus the bonus levels of course since I can't get perfect scores, lol)! Hey, do you think you will ever do a Travel Tour of Japan?
I love oriental cities ....Cheers!!!

[Post New]by JetDogsOy on Feb 24, 18 2:52 AM
Pickles77 wrote:Hi JetDogsOy! I am really impressed that you are reading the reviews and listening to our input! I am playing on a windows 10 laptop I am looking forward to your next Mosaics game, I am enjoying A Paris Tour (minus the bonus levels of course since I can't get perfect scores, lol)! Hey, do you think you will ever do a Travel Tour of Japan?
I love oriental cities ....Cheers!!!

You can try to solve levels twice. First with bonuses and then repeat again for 3 stars. And anyway, bonus levels should be accessible even with 2 stars.

I'll tell you a little secret - for this year already planned Rome, Tokio and Rio tours.

Edited on 02/24/2018 at 2:52:46 AM PST

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Feb 24, 18 6:13 PM
Hi JetDogsOy!! Yay!!! I am excited especially for the Tokyo Mosaics game!!!! Yahoo!!! Although your other games will be great as well, I have no doubt about that!!! I will try again to get to play the bonus levels, don't know if it will work since I always got a message saying I need 3 stars per level in order to get to play the bonus level...but at the end of the day, that's okay with me as well ...I love your games so much that I don't really care if I can't get to play the bonus levels!! Keep up the great work!!!!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Travel Mosaics: A Paris Tour here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 24, 18 10:55 PM
I'm having only a little trouble seeing the holes against their dark background--but an improvement there would be very welcome!

And so far, I haven't needed any of the power-ups to solve anything.

Otherwise: This one is tough. I LIKE THAT!

[Post New]by bwr814 on Mar 4, 18 7:03 AM
The developers must be receiving kickbacks from the American Ophthalmalogical Association of something related. I have just played one level and don't think I have ever had so much eye strain in my life! This has been mentioned several times in the reviews. Did no one ever comment on this during development?

Go to: