bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 25, 10 12:42 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 06/25/2010 at 3:08:25 PM PST

helpme60
Clownfish
Clownfish
708 Posts

Re:Post any A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by helpme60 on Jun 25, 10 1:23 AM
Component Flash10e.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Unfortunately I updated Adobe Flash Player BEFORE Big Fish advised not to do it.

I uninstalled the game and then flash player with Adobe uninstaller. Reinstalled Flash Player then game and still get the same error message.

I guess this is just one of those games that won't work with the newest version of Adobe Flash Player. RATS !

agf8623
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by agf8623 on Jun 25, 10 1:37 AM
I'm the dev. Checking on this problem now.

Edited on 06/25/2010 at 10:29:47 AM PST

linnovak
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by linnovak on Jun 25, 10 1:50 AM
I receive an "Installation Error. The download installation file is not valid and could not be run (766)" message. Checked my system, all requirements met. Updated DirectX, still nothing. Happens when it goes to validate file after download. I'm on windows xp.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jun 25, 10 2:08 AM
I'm getting the DLL error, corrupt or missing. I have updated my stuff recently too. This is the second game I cannot play now because of this error.

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Jun 25, 10 3:45 AM
I have tried installing this game twice and it will not play full screen. It will only open up to about 1/3 of the screen. I tried changing the options feature to full screen but it didn't help. I can't see anything it is too tiny to play this size!

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Jun 25, 10 4:13 AM
helpme60 wrote:Component Flash10e.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Unfortunately I updated Adobe Flash Player BEFORE Big Fish advised not to do it.

I uninstalled the game and then flash player with Adobe uninstaller. Reinstalled Flash Player then game and still get the same error message.

I guess this is just one of those games that won't work with the newest version of Adobe Flash Player. RATS !

I also updated Adobe Flash...I could'nt open Strategy Guide on Puppet Show CE..
Now I can......
also I had 2 updates on Chronicals..and they would'nt Vailidate until I updated Flash player........

I'd love to play this game...down loaded it twice ....no luck..
I get...

Error...cannot find import........DLL may be missing....
Corrupt,or wrong version.... file- MSVBVM60...DLL error 126
?????????

if that makes any sense to anyone...
any advise would be helpful.....
Thanks..................

Edited on 06/25/2010 at 4:20:30 AM PST

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Jun 25, 10 4:14 AM
not sure if a technical issue or I just don't know how to do it but I cannot move the pieces for the sun puzzle

[Post New]by ChristmasEve on Jun 25, 10 4:14 AM
I couldn't get this game installed. It stated I needed a flash player. I got the same message with yesterday's game. I have a flash player and everything is updated. Or can these games only be played on Windows Explorer? I go through Mozilla. That's three recent games I couldn't either install or play. This is getting old.

ethan1404
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ethan1404 on Jun 25, 10 5:19 AM
Okay, tried the forum, asked everyone and it seems we are all asking the same question. Is this game supposed to be played in the small screen I am receiving it in? I know I am getting a little old, need to wear glasses and have a 24" monitor but the download is ridiculous! It is so small and stuck up in the left hand top corner of my monitor! Help please!

Looks like a good game but really don't know. Tried it for about 10 minutes and couldn't see anything, even with my glasses, so gave up!

Is it a tech problem or is that the way the game is suppoosed to be and played? If it is to be played that way, then I cannot buy or even try it as I just can't see it clearly!

Please advise.
Helen Hancock

PS A customer who own thousands of Big Fish games and expects and asks for some help and response. Thank you!

[Post New]by stephbr on Jun 25, 10 5:32 AM
All you need to do is right click on the icon and press properties, then compatitbilty, then change it to an older compatability. Then it will work fine.

Lizoz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Lizoz on Jun 25, 10 5:36 AM
Im also having the same problem with the samll screen on the left hand side I have tried everything to make it full screen on my 24" monitor ..no use can somebody please let us know what can be done about this!!...I have no trouble with all other BigFish games

Pathmtl
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Pathmtl on Jun 25, 10 6:09 AM
Game all of a sudden stuck when I trapped squirrel. Cannot continue will not let me go anywhere.

[Post New]by vegaskitkat on Jun 25, 10 6:14 AM
I have windows 7. I right-clicked on the icon and compatibility was not in the list of things about the game. So now what? Game looks like it might be good but on the first screen I couldn't finish because one of the gems was at the top of the screen and you couldn't see it. So I gave up. I'll check the forum tonight to see if there are any more suggestions but without being able to play full screen (with that option checked) I will have to pass.

[Post New]by birdlady101 on Jun 25, 10 6:24 AM
My computer just crashed while playing...and I mean dead as a door nail...had to totally reboot my system which I never have had to do with any of the BF games...will not play this one until this is resolved...

Lou

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Jun 25, 10 6:29 AM
I have a new computer and Windows 7 and the game works fine with me. I did have problems in the beginning but went to CS and they straightened everything out.

I suggest those with small window problems to contact CS. It helped me.

[Post New]by aquari27 on Jun 25, 10 6:44 AM
Game totally froze on the first screen and I had to reboot.

basiakosia
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by basiakosia on Jun 25, 10 6:47 AM
I'm also running Windows 7 64-bit. Also updated Adobe Flash Player last night. Dld Gypsy's Tale this morning and played with no problems/glitches/freezing.

elmira78
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by elmira78 on Jun 25, 10 7:37 AM
For those having trouble with small screens, try setting your display to a lower resolution before starting the game. I've had to do this with some games and it usually solves the problem.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 25, 10 7:39 AM
I have XP and latest flash player and the game plays fine here too,

Go to: