JohnMcE
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

magicville now refuses to load

[Post New]by JohnMcE on Jun 25, 10 1:14 AM
I gave up half way through the adventure version, as it lost all my inventory items, and instead have been working my way through the "timed" version, in which you simply play each of the "3 in a row" screens.

I got as far as level 40 (the final one), and finished it, albeit not quite fast enough to complete the level, but now the game refuses to run, and I'm getting an "exception-access-violation" every time I try to run it.

I've already installed the latest (June 15th) version, so has anyone got any suggestions as to to get it working again?

Re:magicville now refuses to load

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Jun 25, 10 3:51 AM
Hi John

You can get it working again pretty easily by deleting your saved game files ("C:\Program Data\Desktop Gaming", however, that'd be at the expense of your saved game data. Its quite likely that something's gotten corrupted from when it crashed before. The latest version does attempt to recover lost data but obviously its a complex process and virtually impossible to cover every base.

I've checked out your specific problem here and everything seems to be fine.

If you have any further info on this (i.e. exactly where does it crash, for example, during loading as soon as you try to run the game, when you try to continue in adventure mode, or whatever), that might help me to identify a problem, if there is one.

Dave
DesktopGaming

JohnMcE
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:magicville now refuses to load

[Post New]by JohnMcE on Jun 26, 10 12:21 AM
Thanks for the advice, Dave, although it's a bit of a bummer having reached the final level... and I don't think my wrist can take working though all those levels again, so I guess I'll never finish it.

Go to: