Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 20, 18 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/20/2018 at 8:10:42 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by kelsmanly6 on Feb 20, 18 12:45 AM
couldn't open the game at all. error access violation. running windows 10

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Feb 20, 18 12:50 AM
Same here . Uninstalled to try again then game wouldn't download . Windows 10

BJT006
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by BJT006 on Feb 20, 18 12:56 AM
Bought the game and downloaded, but the game won't open to play says access error. Window 10

BJT006
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by BJT006 on Feb 20, 18 1:12 AM
BJT006 wrote:Bought the game and downloaded, but the game won't open to play says access error. Window 10

Went back to try and the game opened up and is playing without any problems. Before it wouldn't open up and gave me a access violation. Not sure what happened but looks like a good game for the few minutes I played it. Will play more tomorrow.

twin222
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by twin222 on Feb 20, 18 5:01 AM
same here... access violation. not able to open... windows 10.

edit: tried it again - no problems with access or playing the demo... strange.

Edited on 02/20/2018 at 5:55:38 AM PST

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Feb 20, 18 7:38 AM
Same here, won't open, error message.

edit: also tried again and it works.

Edited on 02/20/2018 at 8:24:11 AM PST

[Post New]by alicia16106 on Feb 20, 18 7:46 AM
Slightly different problem here. Of thelast few games I have bought, I cannot get them to download at all. Just keeps giving me error 5 message. Have also bought a collector's edition which had the extra content as part of the trial game and that downloaded with no problems, also any games which are not collector's editions. Have tried all the tips given but no luck. Any suggestions or should I just get on to technical department right away. Thanks

[Post New]by alicia16106 on Feb 20, 18 7:47 AM
Slightly different problem here. Of thelast few games I have bought, I cannot get them to download at all. Just keeps giving me error 5 message. Have also bought a collector's edition which had the extra content as part of the trial game and that downloaded with no problems, also any games which are not collector's editions. Have tried all the tips given but no luck. Any suggestions or should I just get on to technical department right away. Thanks. Windows 10

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 20, 18 8:06 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 20, 18 8:33 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm really sorry your games aren't working properly and and swimming over to provide help.

An access violation is a generic error that can occur while a game is being downloaded or played. The first step I'd recommend taking is to check to see if the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver directs how a computer's graphics display, and installing a newer version can address the cause of an access violation. I'd also suggest running the game in Administrator Mode to increase its permissions. The help articles below will guide you through those respective processes.

If the game isn't downloading properly, please try adjusting the network settings for the Big Fish Games app. Then try installing the game again. These instructions, as well as other troubleshooting suggestions, can be found in the help article below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Should these suggestions not fix the game, or if I haven't addressed your inquiry, please contact our Technical Support Team for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience and your time. The Moderation Team and I are always available to talk at greater length via PM's. Don't hesitate to reach out if the need arises.

bfgBeruna

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Feb 20, 18 9:06 AM
I'm using Windows 10 64 bit OS. Everything is working just fine. I would like to say that I have to turn off the McAfee virus scanning and Windows Firewall in order to get anything to d/l and function properly from BF.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Feb 20, 18 11:02 AM
Error Access Violation here. Tried again, still Error Access Violation!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 20, 18 2:06 PM
Hello Penny1942 and MissAbby,

Thank you for reaching out.

Access violations can sometimes be caused by interference from another program such as antivirus software. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes, Penny1942.

If the computer's video card driver is in need of an update, installing a newer version can fix the access violation. Running the game in Administrator Mode is another alternative. I'd recommend taking a look at the help pages below for further instruction.

Should these suggestions not resolve the access violations, I'd recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide a new solution.

I also want to thank you for your patience and invite you to PM me or another moderator if new questions or concerns ever arise. We're always glad to have a chance to provide answers and help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by talltar on Feb 20, 18 3:39 PM
windows 10 Game will not let me use the alchemy to get the firespell the game tells me to finish the first spell , which I did . uninstalled twice doesn't help I think a bug

[Post New]by MsMae23 on Feb 20, 18 11:08 PM
I also have the issue of not being able to open alchemy kit plus the map will not open. It keeps saying something along the lines of "there are other things to do". Can't progress in game Everything else seems to be in working order.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 21, 18 6:13 AM
Win10PC. I had access violation. Windows was checking into it and asked if I want to stop the program. I x out of windows box and tried again and it worked.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Feb 21, 18 10:08 AM
I'm using windows 10 and am having no problems playing this game. wish I could help more. good luck

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 21, 18 4:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles progressing in the game! It's great that you were able to get around the access violation error, Majestyx12, so let's see what we can do with the other issues being reported.

Progression issues can come from the game needing additional resources or permissions in order for its files to work as they should. We can try to improve this process by following the steps from these articles:

Video Driver Updates

Starting a new profile can sometimes also help in cases where the issue is related to something not being quite right with the original save file for the game. This isn't ideal, of course, and we totally understand if it's not something our players are eager to try.

When troubleshooting doesn't resolve an issue, the next best step is to contact our Technical Support Team. Feel free to PM one of our Moderators with questions or concerns as well. We'll do whatever we can to help out.

bfgArinelle

suzee52
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by suzee52 on Feb 22, 18 5:20 PM
I note that players are having problems in moving forward due to being stuck in the Alchemy, such as myself. I got stuck with the Oxygen Bubble and created a new profile and am NOW stuck with the Sticky Ribbon.
Is there going to be an update in the very near future???
Thank you.

Go to: