Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 20, 18 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/20/2018 at 8:43:33 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 20, 18 3:35 AM
I tried really hard to like this game. Graphics were lovely and colourful, story was quite good........um..........and I can't think of anything else I liked. If you're expecting lots of HOS then this game may disappoint; I only came across one in the time I played (which wasn't long). More puzzles, most of which seemed to centre on the Grimoire. Not surprising given the title of the game but there were too many of this type; not much variety would be a fair description. There were some collectibles; roses, I think but they were quite well disguised.

However what I couldn't get past was the accents. This game is presumably set some time in the past, yet the main character has what sounds like a modern American accent and the boy sounds like an adult trying to sound like a child. The more the main character spoke, the more out of place her accent sounded.

I do wish developers would make these games sound like they look and give the characters more appropriate accents. The USA is just one small part of the universe and not all players come from there. Please stop making these games to appeal to one demographic and give the rest of the world a hearing.

Not a buy for me, even as an SE.

ETA: No technical issues with either the download or the demo but I only played 25 minutes of it. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Edited on 02/20/2018 at 3:37:49 AM PST

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by crypsynight on Feb 20, 18 5:29 AM
I am somewhat on the fence with this game.
Beautiful graphics on the plus side.
But yet another game where the voices dont match the characters. I sometimes wonder if they only have one female artist to do all the voice-overs as they all sound the same to me.
The story line itself is very ho hum. And very slow....just seemed to drag along.
You have a character about to be King repeatedly saying "what shall we do now Auntie?" like a little child.
There wasnt a lot of challenge to any of it either.
Think I'll wait til the SE and give it another shot then.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Feb 20, 18 6:46 AM
If fishes are looking for a game that'll scare the snot outa them, this isn't it! Its a OK games fairy tallish! If that's what your looking for, give it a try! You cant expect too much when HOs released on a Tuesday! Ill come back later if I find the games all that!

Edited on 02/20/2018 at 6:50:39 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 20, 18 8:08 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Feb 20, 18 9:39 AM
Four Stars!!

Kudos to the Artifex graphics department!! These are the most beautiful graphics I've seen in a very long time. Really wish the series came to BF sooner since release 3 is already out but I'll try to be patient. Enjoying the game very much so I'm off to the maze to find that prince.

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Feb 20, 18 12:51 PM
This is a very slow moving game...too slow....with cartoon graphics and juvenile voices...that speak very slowly, also...like in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. At first I thought that this game was meant for children, but after playing the demo, I don't think that this would even hold a child's interest. It is quite dull and boring.

All I saw for collectibles were foil type roses that were not hard to find, but do blend in with the scenes. You have to mix potions that require 3 ingredients (they are well marked). In order to complete that potion, you play a short game of connecting colored balls in threes or more. There were 3 of these potions to mix in the demo. In the beginning you are confronted with having to make a cup of cocoa...something a young person might like to do. You will have a zipper pull to find as well as rust remover for garden shears. There is a story book where you put fairly large items in place which was also something I felt would be more likeable for a youth. There is an energy sphere you have to deal with, which is just too much in one game.

There were 2 Hos I came across... first one,mediocre. The one with the birds was lovely, but finding the feathers was another story. They were hard to find and I resorted to hints. The puzzles weren't that many. It indicated in the Extras that you can replay both, but there was not an indicated number.

There is some going back and forth. You are not overwhelmed with having to find too much inventory...much of the inventory was finding ingredients for the potions.
Unless you are interested in having a bonus chapter, I do not think this has much to offer as a CE. I will not be purchasing this in either CE of SE.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Feb 20, 18 1:19 PM
I said Id come back to let fish know how the game was after I played a bit! I like it! It wont be everyone's bag! but its mine! Lots of different HOS, I even like the mixing of potions! I feel its a nice game!

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Feb 20, 18 1:34 PM
I haven't demoed this game yet but assuming Artifex Mundi worked on it, i'd say I like it and will most likely buy it in the near future.

SHA66
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by SHA66 on Feb 20, 18 8:00 PM
did not like to much sill stuff not good

danner
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by danner on Feb 20, 18 10:16 PM
stuck on the 'sticky ribbon' part
can't do anything here

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 21, 18 6:29 AM
This game didn't have enough adventure for my taste. The scenes while pretty are drawn on a small scale. I wouldn't have tried this one but I read about the beautiful bird hop and want to see for myself. I liked the bird hops but that wasn't enough for me to buy. I also liked the paper pop-up.

What I did find from the trial is that it has 4 chapters + bonus. FYI- Collect 31 roses. The extras has replay hop, mini-games, cut scenes and music. Wallpaper and concept art. (I looked at the guide when I tried it and the extras).

When the game opened after Artifex Mundi it said World-Loom Games. I haven't bought any games from World-Loom Games. I usually buy from makers I know. But I give them a try.

I also think they have repeat voice actors and actress. I think all the games do.

Edited on 02/22/2018 at 9:45:26 AM PST

lost grimoires 2

[Post New]by beverly2196 on Mar 2, 18 8:21 AM
bonus chapter. started it and collected all the spell items. it tell me to go to the spell but it will no open. It wont let me open the spell. Why?

Go to: