Blue Stone Symbols

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Jun 25, 10 10:35 AM
Can't get the last 2 blue stones in place ... any suggestions, looked at the blog walkthrough ... strategy guide didn't work either ...

Is there a glitz at this point?

Re:Blue Stone Symbols

[Post New]by turmanators on Jun 25, 10 1:10 PM
I can't get ANY of them in place. The walkthrough says if you have them in the correct slot they will remain, but before I can get more than one in a slot the first one is removed blank. With that in mind, I tried all 4 stones in the first slot and all were removed, blank. Same with the third slot. They have to fit SOMEWHERE!

[Post New]by Dannysmom on Jun 25, 10 1:34 PM
Same here, fabricated 4, tried all 4 on the first slot, none stayed, went back fabricated them again and tried all 4 on the 3rd slot nothing. I hope someone has better luck and clues us in! Stuck

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jun 25, 10 1:49 PM
You have to click on the cylinder and set it to the correct symbols for each tablet before you stamp them. If you haven't dialed in the correct symbol for the first one then none of them will fit in that particular slot. If you haven't dialed in the correct symbols and stamped the tablets correctly they won't fit any of the slots. I had my first one wrong. Tried the second one in the second slot and it fit there. Went back and redid the first one and it fit the next time I tried it.

Seems like they could have used some symbols that were a little easier to discern visually.

Edited on 06/25/2010 at 1:53:50 PM PST

gntpat
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by gntpat on Jun 25, 10 4:18 PM
I cant descern any of the symbols correctly. I've tried the stategy guide with no results. I'm getting angry. So far, everything else has been fun.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jun 25, 10 4:33 PM
gntpat wrote:I cant descern any of the symbols correctly. I've tried the stategy guide with no results. I'm getting angry. So far, everything else has been fun.

Try drawing a cheat sheet. I looked at the walkthrough posted on this forum and then drew four columns. If you pay attention to the lines you can draw reasonable facsimiles that you can recognize when you click on the cylinder. Stamp them in the order shown in the walkthrough and then you can put them in the spots going from left to right.

Chaorite
Clownfish
Clownfish
940 Posts

[Post New]by Chaorite on Jun 25, 10 8:17 PM
Up above the entry to the crystal mountain you'll see a stone structure. Click that and you'll see columns with sections that move. Set them all so that they show green. Those are the correct symbols to use for each blue stone.

The segments of each column will be affected by the others in that colum. For example, in one column, you start at the bottom because whatever you turn affects the one above it. Starting at the bottom and working your way up ensures you don't mess with what you've already solved.

Once you have them all green, don't forget to note the top of each column because it will help you determine where each stone goes.

The BEST way to recall all symbols plus the structure above each column is via digital camera.

Go to the crystal cave and insert the blank stone. Click the machine above the plate and the symbols will appear. Refer to your camera for the order. A chime will sound when you have it right. Press handle. Repeat for each stone.

Insert stones in wall. When you have the stones in the right spot, they won't move.

[Post New]by solitaralee on Jun 29, 10 7:25 PM
I have the same problem where only the last two stones are not staying in. I can put them in (they don't 'reset'), but I can take them back out too. I think this is a glitch. I've done the statue pillars and rebuilt the instruments.

[Post New]by heat66 on Jun 30, 10 7:29 PM
I'm having problem with blue stone symbols! I can't put all the blue stone in slots. Everytime I tried to put each blue stone in slot, came to blank. I get frustrated and don't even know how does it work. Can you all expalin on how does it work? Seems like its not going anywhere but being stuck!!!
Help!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jul 1, 10 5:47 AM
heat66 wrote:I'm having problem with blue stone symbols! I can't put all the blue stone in slots. Everytime I tried to put each blue stone in slot, came to blank. I get frustrated and don't even know how does it work. Can you all expalin on how does it work? Seems like its not going anywhere but being stuck!!!
Help!

Read the posts above yours.

calf905
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Blue Stone Symbols Having the same problems I give up

[Post New]by calf905 on Jul 1, 10 4:51 PM
nwl43 wrote:
heat66 wrote:I'm having problem with blue stone symbols! I can't put all the blue stone in slots. Everytime I tried to put each blue stone in slot, came to blank. I get frustrated and don't even know how does it work. Can you all expalin on how does it work? Seems like its not going anywhere but being stuck!!!
Help!

Read the posts above yours.

GEM69
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by GEM69 on Jul 6, 10 3:27 PM
Thank you sooo much for explaining the blue stones !!! one step I was missing and that was putting the symbols in the right sequence for the press .. hooray thank you

[Post New]by sadie2mickey on Jul 8, 10 7:14 AM
My problem is that I have gotten 2 of the stones in place, but I tried to put the last two in the wrong place and of course they cleared off. Went back to restamp them and it won't let me. Says that I have already done that. So now what? I am fustrated with the whole thing.

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Jul 8, 10 7:22 AM
Maybe you just needed to swop the position of the last two. When they're in the right place you can't take them back!

Good Luck!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jul 8, 10 3:54 PM
sadie2mickey wrote:My problem is that I have gotten 2 of the stones in place, but I tried to put the last two in the wrong place and of course they cleared off. Went back to restamp them and it won't let me. Says that I have already done that. So now what? I am fustrated with the whole thing.

If you have clicked on the cylinder and set the symbols and attempted to print and it says you've already done it, it probably means that you are attempting to use symbols for one of the ones that are already in place. Look at the position of two that are in place. Check your actual columns. Their positions will match the blue stones. So eliminate the two that are correctly placed and copy and print the remaining two. If you will print in the same order as the actual columns, they will line up correctly in your inventory making placement easier.

[Post New]by anamneses27 on Jul 11, 10 4:03 PM
Chaorite wrote:Up above the entry to the crystal mountain you'll see a stone structure. Click that and you'll see columns with sections that move. Set them all so that they show green. Those are the correct symbols to use for each blue stone.

The segments of each column will be affected by the others in that colum. For example, in one column, you start at the bottom because whatever you turn affects the one above it. Starting at the bottom and working your way up ensures you don't mess with what you've already solved.

Once you have them all green, don't forget to note the top of each column because it will help you determine where each stone goes.

The BEST way to recall all symbols plus the structure above each column is via digital camera.

Go to the crystal cave and insert the blank stone. Click the machine above the plate and the symbols will appear. Refer to your camera for the order. A chime will sound when you have it right. Press handle. Repeat for each stone.

Insert stones in wall. When you have the stones in the right spot, they won't move.

Thanks so much!!! That was the best answer I saw on top of the basic explanations. Very helpful!

[Post New]by airship101 on Jul 11, 10 8:52 PM
i having trouble with blue stones the canister is not making the ding sound and just goes around how do i get the musical tone back i have installed twice.......

[Post New]by Baginson on Sep 16, 11 6:19 PM
I have 4 stones in place but one of the stones seems to be wrong as the symbols don't match the musical instrument but I can't move it as it is in one of the slots. I was having real problems printing the last stone because the machine kept telling me I had already printed that combination. Now the last stone has completely disappeared and I don't have a hammer to make another one!

Had enough of this game.

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Jan 9, 12 5:31 AM
Well, I finally got around to playing this game & I was having the same problem with the blue stones. I followed your instructions nwl - and it worked!!

BUT, now that they're placed, nothing happens. i checked the SG & supposedly there was supposed to be an earthquake.breaking the stones. It said I had to go pick up the pieces. I didn't get an earthquake, in fact nothing happened.

Not sure what to do next as the earthquake was supposed to destroy the instruments down below. My instruments are all intact. HELP - what to I do????

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully someone will check it and be able to hlep me.

Go to: