rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

RBsMom will be catching up gifting soon!

[Post New]by rbsworld on Feb 20, 18 3:04 PM
Hi all my friends,

Winter in Wisconsin is just a crater of joy. Many of you may know that my husband and I have a Golden Retriever kennel. This last week, 3 of my dogs (kids in my mind) came down with a Canine Zoo Flu. I am thankful that 2 of our younger dogs are well on the mend but we lost one of our founding dogs yesterday. It is a very sad time for my family..all my dogs are looking for their buddy Bosco. He missed his 13th birthday by a week.

I will be playing catch up for awhile game wise.

Thank you for your patience,

RBsMom

Edited on 02/20/2018 at 3:07:18 PM PST

drkgordon
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

Re:RBsMom will be catching up gifting soon!

[Post New]by drkgordon on Feb 20, 18 4:20 PM
Awww...that's so sad. They really do become a part of the family. Condolences for your loss. Poor other doggies...they just don't understand and watching that is also heartbreaking.

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Feb 20, 18 6:01 PM
So sorry for your loss. Will be glad to have you back. Take all the time you need to send a gift. Betty

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Feb 20, 18 8:42 PM
I'm so sorry!
I've never heard of Canine Zoo Flu, is this something new?
I'm in WI, too. Will look it up.
Very sorry for your loss. Dogs are a part of the family.

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by rbsworld on Feb 20, 18 9:55 PM
Flu like symptoms turn deadly. My dogs love the outdoors but never stay outside for long periods of time during the cold winter months. That said, this stuff is passed airborne as well as by 'sniffing' doggie style. We live in an area that has several families with large and small dogs. My vet told us our dogs caught this from an infected dog that strolled by our house. Be careful if you have pets in a like neighborhood. Initial symptoms to heart failure was 3 days for my oldest.

RBsMom

Go to: