Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cursed House 5 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 21, 18 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/21/2018 at 9:06:32 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cursed House 5 here.

[Post New]by fehlmans on Feb 21, 18 7:39 AM
Windows 10, screen frozen at first hidden objects game. Cannot select objects, skip hint. Cannot get out of game. Never mind. I figured it out. It wanted me to select a specific item-- the coin.

Edited on 02/21/2018 at 8:22:49 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 21, 18 9:06 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Ppapier
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Ppapier on Feb 21, 18 10:10 AM
Hello, I am facing an issue with payment. I want to use a coupon code ( punch card), but it is not accepted, big fish wants to force me to pay with the current code. I don't agree. Please, tell me how I can use my punch code. Thanks in advance.

P.S This is a very frequent issue.

Ppapier
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Ppapier on Feb 21, 18 2:03 PM
Finally it worked. I was able to use a punch credit.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 21, 18 4:06 PM
Hey fehlmans and Ppapier,

I'm glad to hear the issues you two were running into were able to be worked out! In your case, Ppapier, the best suggestion I can offer for using Punch Code coupon codes is to go through the following checklist:

1) Is the Punch Card coupon expired?
2) Is there already another promotion (like a 50% off sale) applied to the cart? If so, click the X by that promotion in the cart to remove it.
3) Copy-paste the code directly from the email instead of typing it in manually
4) Make sure it's a standard version in the cart rather than a Collector's Edition

This usually gets me over any bumps in the road that I've run into when using coupons. For more information, the following link can also be helpful:

Using Coupon Codes

Hope you're both enjoying the game now that these problems have been resolved!

bfgArinelle

Edited on 02/21/2018 at 4:07:09 PM PST

zahorb
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by zahorb on Feb 22, 18 6:54 AM
I switched out of full screen view for a brief time. When I tried to return to a full screen I got a message that there are "problems with the driver of the video adaptor". I tried changing profiles, then uninstalling/reinstalling the game, to no avail. I just keep getting the same message. I have not run into this problem with any other games that I have switched in and out of full screen view. I use Windows 10.

zahorb
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by zahorb on Feb 22, 18 7:38 AM
I am now running into additional problems while trying to play in the reduced screen size. I am being made to replay levels that I have already won, when timer has run out the level continues to be able to be played, some items on map (house) screen are missing.

Ppapier
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Ppapier on Feb 22, 18 8:57 AM
Thank you, bfgArinelle, for the useful little tuto about using a Punch code coupon.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 22, 18 10:10 AM
Hi zahorb,

It sounds like there have been some display issues since switching out of full-screen mode. That could definitely be frustrating, so let's see if we can get things fixed up and working better. For display issues, the first things we can try are related to looking for updated drivers that help how a game displays its graphics and switching the resolution to also potentially help with visuals. Steps for these possibilities can be found here:

Video Driver Updates
Screen Resolution

If the game also doesn't seem to be saving progress correctly, we also have a great help article with steps on how to correct that issue:

Game Not Saving

If the issues persist after trying these steps, please contact our Technical Support Team. You're also welcome to PM one of our Moderators with any other questions that may be left. We'll be glad to help out however we can.

bfgArinelle

ladyblu11
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ladyblu11 on Feb 22, 18 1:26 PM
Another game that won't open on my mac. Starts to open, some times even shows the blue screen with the bf fishie, then goes to black. I have to force quit to get out of it.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's something with the bf manager, since some of the games I've been able to play by opening them up directly, instead of going thru the manager.
Not this one, sorry to say. I love the series.

Macbook Pro
macOS High Sierra, Version 10.1.3
Processor 2.6 GHz Core i7
Graphics Intel HD 530 1536 MB

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 22, 18 2:35 PM
Hello ladyblu11,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles opening the game. Since this is a Mac, our best place to start is running through the troubleshooting steps from the following article. These tips are designed to make sure everything is as up-to-date as possible to help the games and computer get along well.

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If that does not help the situation, please contact our Technical Support Team with the names of the games that you've run into this issue with. If there are any questions, you're also welcome to PM one of our Moderators. We're always happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

Same problem with Windows 10 and stuck in windowed mode

[Post New]by Cbarbatus on Feb 24, 18 9:49 PM
I have the same problem. I switched briefly from full screen, which was running fine, to window mode and now it will not accept a switch back to fullscreen. All other programs and games run as they should. I have restarted, checked resolution, etc.

[Post New]by SuzyQ1000 on Feb 25, 18 1:20 PM
zahorb wrote:I switched out of full screen view for a brief time. When I tried to return to a full screen I got a message that there are "problems with the driver of the video adaptor". I tried changing profiles, then uninstalling/reinstalling the game, to no avail. I just keep getting the same message. I have not run into this problem with any other games that I have switched in and out of full screen view. I use Windows 10.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 25, 18 2:40 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for letting us know that there have been issues switching back to fullscreen mode after being in windowed mode. If the suggestions described previously (adjusting the Screen Resolution and checking for Video Driver Updates) does not get things working better, please contact our Technical Support Team so they can help us better track reports of this issue.

If there are additional questions or concerns, please send a PM to one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to provide any assistance that we can.

bfgArinelle

phuquemoi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by phuquemoi on Mar 1, 18 9:20 PM
Running on a Mac.......problem is, after I bought the game, it won't reactivate, saying I need to have an internet connection (which I have). I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it several times..... error code 1402

Edited on 03/01/2018 at 9:22:12 PM PST

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Mar 1, 18 10:15 PM
I afraid that you need to resolve it with BFG techsupport. Our game itself don't need any internet connection.

phuquemoi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by phuquemoi on Mar 2, 18 10:18 AM
How does one het ahold of BFG techsupport?

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Mar 3, 18 2:13 AM
https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 4, 18 11:43 AM
Hi phuquemoi,

As FRHgames mentioned, that sort of error is one best resolved by our Technical Support Team. Clicking on that link will take you straight to the page where a help request can be sent.

The one thing we can troubleshoot is to check for any updates for the Big Fish Games app itself. If that doesn't do the trick, our Technical Support Team will be happy to further assist. Please feel free to PM one of our Moderators if there are questions about this process. We'll be happy to assist.

bfgArinelle

Go to: