spam on forum

[Post New]by ButterflyAus on Feb 21, 18 6:02 AM
Hi,

I've recently just started playing Midnight Castle again after a very long break. I've started again from the beginning on a new computer with a new friend code and came to the forum for a quick look. I was shocked to see so many spam messages especially on the first couple of pages, and I'm sure newbies may click on some of them by accident. Please moderators, is there any way you can stop this happening?

regards,
ButterflyAus

Playing as: Butterfly
Friend Code: 729312

gamelover57
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Re:spam on forum

[Post New]by gamelover57 on Feb 21, 18 6:32 AM
It has gotten much worse lately. I came in one day and all the posts on the first two pages were spam. How are they able to post on the forum. I thought you had to sign in to your account to post. I always do. Are they buying club memberships just so they can post their garbage on our forum?

[Post New]by walkingstar on Feb 21, 18 7:45 AM
Is it "safe" to DL "free" movies on spam? Has anyone tried this? Q

Trolden
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by Trolden on Feb 21, 18 7:47 AM
Have been here for years i just came back to the game and was surprised to see this is still a big problem.

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Feb 21, 18 7:58 AM
Question for Moderators : What is the time frame for eliminating, or at least reducing the spam? Just checked, and there have been questions about spam, in this forum, as far back as 2014! What is the current progress for fixing? Thanks, from ALL OF US, for any answer!!!!

kujosmom
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by kujosmom on Feb 21, 18 8:33 AM
walkingstar wrote:Is it "safe" to DL "free" movies on spam? Has anyone tried this? Q

NO !! Never !!! You never want to link into a site. they could be mirror sites. Always play it safe and go the site you want directly. It may take you a little longer but definitely much safer

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 21, 18 4:45 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to swim by real fast to discuss our team's actions against spam posts as well as provide further information for this persistent issue that our forums face.

First, I want to remind players that we purposely make it so that the only way clickable links can be created is by a moderator. Please do not use any of the URLs that advertisement posts or spam posts make. These are not dangerous as text alone, but players who use them by entering them into their browser may encounter trouble as we cannot guarantee what that URL may lead to.

We do our best to remove these posts as quickly as possible and continue to request additional resources and changes to help address this persistent issue. For more information about our actions and spam posts on our forums, please see our announcement below:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - May 24, 2017

We recommend ignoring spam posts, or to contact our active Moderators directly to report the post in question. Our team will be sure to swim by real fast to check it out and take appropriate actions as necessary.

I also want to quickly remind all of our players that while this is a persistent issue, we request that players not create new posts discussing spam, as this is part of our Forum Rules:

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

By reporting posts instead of commenting on them, you can help moderators handle this daily task of manually removing spam posts as well as make sure that game-specific discussions aren't pushed further down the forums. Thank you for understanding and helping us out!

Since this is discussing spam posts, I'm going to lock this thread. Don't hesitate to let any of our active Moderators if there are further questions or a post you'd like to report. We're happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 02/21/2018 at 4:45:51 PM PST

Go to: