_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Defenders of Law: The Rosendale File DD Reviews for 6-26-10

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jun 26, 10 12:16 AM
Have not tried this one.

For some reason I hopped on here to see what others had said.

Not as bad as Miners but haven't found much of anything good said about it.

Anyone have anything to say to make it worth the D/L?

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Defenders of Law: The Rosendale File DD Reviews for 6-26-10

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 26, 10 12:54 AM
I could only take 15 minutes of it, and that includes closing and reopening the game to see if the graphics would improve. They didn't. I spent the day playing the Agatha Christie DD, and to try to play this one just after that one is really an assault on the eyeballs. The scenes between the hidden object ones look ok, but the hidden object scenes are pretty bad.

Update: I'm seeing in the reviews that others are saying the graphics are clear. I checked for driver updates for my computer and didn't find any, and am uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and will try a different resolution setting on my computer before opening the game - and see if any of that affects the graphics quality...

Update 2: Hey it helped ! Gonna go play the rest of the demo now...

Update 3: Played 10 minutes more of the demo. Graphics behaved just fine. Gonna pass on this one anyway. I don't like the mis-click sound, and aside from that, it's just an uneasy feeling I get from this game. Nothing that would make me recommend against it at DD pricing.

Edited on 07/10/2010 at 11:07:03 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 26, 10 7:57 AM
I found it to be a not difficult unpretentious room-by-room HOG that has clear graphics.
It does have reference to some items like "hot water bottle" that young people may not be familiar with
I bought it at the $2.99 price and consider it a value at that price.

I'll enjoy it after a stressful day and on a long winters night.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 26, 10 12:07 PM
Have a problem I've never seen before. Game cursor will
not go down low enough on the screen to click if off.
Top approx. 4/5 of screen is custom cursor, bottom
is regular which will not go high enough to click on
turn off custom cursor

So what I have is TWO cursors, neither of which will
reach controls for custom cursor or windowed mode.
Not interested enough in game to
go through what has become the hassle of CS.

Just thought I'd post this for the laugh value.

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Jun 26, 10 12:27 PM
I love it!!! Perfect for a hot outside, cool and quiet inside afternoon. I have had no trouble finding most all of the items. It probably is a little "too easy" for some of the older, more demanding fishies; but for a newbie old lady its great. (just what the doctor ordered). No stress, no strain. Just a nice way to spend a peaceful afternoon and certainly worth the DD price. Thanks BFG for thinking of all the different needs/wants of your various age groups and espertise of fishies..........

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Jun 27, 10 8:31 AM
Just finished the game. There is a mini game bonus at the end which is matching tiles. And also you can play the whole game again with different results......All according to the hidden objects you find and the courtroom case. I found it a fun game and will happily buy others like it......I had zero problems with any thing; the fingerprints and liquids were very easy to see with the blacklight. The curtins could be pulled in the rooms that had no lightswitch. The super small items could be seen with the magnifying glass...........All in all an fun game!!! My PC is HP with windows 7 especially made for gaming..............I hope all who bought the game or at least gave it a chance enjoy it as much as I did!!!

NaomiGrace
Flounder
Flounder
2,220 Posts

[Post New]by NaomiGrace on Sep 13, 10 7:56 AM
well , this is the 9/2010 COW and I have to say:

No, it's NOT Dire Grove, or RTR or any of those tops games. Maybe we've gotten spoiled. It's a pretty "simple" HOG -- straight out of the old "Hidden Expedition:Titanic" type game. Probably not as good as that one but hey

It's $2.99 !!!!!!

Graphics to me a not as crisp as other newer games but fun for just it's pure non-adventure, hog-lite, not eerie or creepy type of game.

If you have "older" eyes you probably won't be able to play it for long periods of time. So what? come back to it!!!!!

For me its (out of five)
But that's ok and all I expect out of a DD or COW.

grace

Edited on 09/13/2010 at 7:56:41 AM PST

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Sep 17, 10 4:26 PM
i seemed to be having a few problems with cursor freezing and then jumping around the screen. I have a new computer with windows 7, no problems with any other games. I carried on regardless, have played 45 minutes and it isn't really a buy for me. I think some people will enjoy it but i have played much better, say 6/10 and worth a look

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Sep 17, 10 5:04 PM
Actually brought this game a while back, and I did enjoy playing it, and one of the games that I would choose to play with family.

Akenta
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Akenta on Sep 19, 10 12:40 PM
I can't believe it's Sunday and I forgot to look at the weekly deal :-( But I got to it just in time (not sure how I missed this on the DD back in June either). I had a lot of fun during the hour - reminded me of the early MCF games which I still enjoy playing. After seeing the reviews and trying the game, I had to buy it.

Go to: