Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Enchanted Kingdom: Fog of Rivershire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 22, 18 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/22/2018 at 8:19:51 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Enchanted Kingdom: Fog of Rivershire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 22, 18 8:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

nflynn
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Enchanted Kingdom: Fog of Rivershire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nflynn on Feb 22, 18 1:02 PM
in HO scene in barn near beginning and cannot pick up flammable bottle? This developer seems to have issues every time. This happened on last Enchanted Kingdom needing patches?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 22, 18 3:13 PM
Hello nflynn,

It sounds like there's trouble collecting an item while playing. It sounds like what's being referred to is the orange bottle with the flame on it in one of the HO scenes. This item seems a bit picky on where it likes to be clicked in order for it to be collected (I had to try a few different spots myself), so it may help to try clicking different areas on and around the item to see if that resolve the issue.

If that doesn't help, we can move on to a couple of troubleshooting ideas designed to help improve the way the game gets along with the computer and help make sure it can access all of its files with the needed level of permissions. We can work on these aspects by following the steps from the following links:

Video Driver Updates

Should the issue continue after that, please contact our Technical Support Team. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator with remaining questions. We will do everything we can to help.

bfgArinelle

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Enchanted Kingdom: Fog of Rivershire Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Feb 22, 18 8:19 PM
I am using Windows 10 and drivers are updated. When I try to start the game it closes my Big Fish window and tells me to come again. Then it will start up the game play window and still throws me out again. It will not let me start the game...haven't had this problem before with BF games. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Still did not help. I brought another collectors game also today and no problem. It plays just fine. Can you help. If not I will try to get my money back.

Edited on 02/22/2018 at 8:23:41 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Enchanted Kingdom: Fog of Rivershire Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by mudbug007 on Feb 22, 18 8:29 PM
I am unable to give the healing potion to the witch. I am using windows 10

Edited on 02/22/2018 at 8:30:29 PM PST

[Post New]by kelsmanly6 on Feb 23, 18 1:56 AM
also unable to give healing potion to witch. running windows 10

[Post New]by sniffles424 on Feb 23, 18 10:21 AM
unable to open chest with the barrette...this is under the honey tree

[Post New]by eroseburgh on Feb 24, 18 11:22 AM
I played the demo then when I purchased the game am unable to go any further. I had placed the compass before the demo ended but now am unable to enter the boat and go into the mist. Running windows 10. I have reinstalled the game but still no luck.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 25, 18 1:09 PM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some progression issues and also an issue with the game not opening up. Let's see if we can get things working better through some troubleshooting.

Let's start with the game not opening. From what's been described, it sounds like the game may be crashing in the background. We can try to address this by following the steps from these help articles:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Windows 10

For progression issues, these are often caused by the game needing additional permissions or resources in order to help its files work as intended. We can address this possibility by checking for updates and granting the game elevated permissions to play. Steps for these ideas can be found here:

Video Driver Updates

For your particular case, eroseburgh, it sounds like the save information from the free trial may be impacting the full game's ability to move forward. The best course for this would be starting up a new profile to bypass the carryover data from the free trial. In all progression issue cases, starting up a new profile can be helpful, so it may also be useful for the others who are running into progression troubles to try a new profile as well.

Should none of the above resolve the described issues, please contact our Technical Support Team. You're also welcome to PM one of our Moderators with any questions or concerns. We'll do our best to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Maemae60 on Feb 26, 18 6:48 PM
I am also unable to give the healing potion to the witch. I am using windows 10 HELP

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 27, 18 10:13 AM
Hi Maemae60,

I'm sorry you've run into a similar issue. As was mentioned in my previous post, the following articles are the best place to start when it comes to troubleshooting progression issues:

Video Driver Updates
Windows 10

If this does not get things working better, please let our Technical Support Team. They help us gather details helpful for passing along reports of issues our players have experienced. You're also welcome to PM one of our Moderators with concerns. We'll do all we can to assist.

bfgArinelle

deelynde
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by deelynde on Feb 27, 18 11:43 AM
Can't give healing potion to witch. Did all the steps you suggested (updated driver, running as administrator) and still not working. I just purchased this game and can't continue play. Either it needs to be fixed or money refunded please.

Edited on 02/27/2018 at 11:43:50 AM PST

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Enchanted Kingdom: Fog of Rivershire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SandyBasket2000 on Feb 28, 18 9:29 AM
running Windows 10. In the second chapter, I am stuck in the cave with no way to move forward. The hints tell me there is nothing to do. When I try to move the log, I am getting a message that I need leverage. The log is there and I have no item that will move it. I have a barrette, a valve and one amulet part. There are no indications on the map of anyplace else to go.

[Post New]by CAMKiwi on Feb 28, 18 3:00 PM
I am also unable to give the potion to the witch. Running Windows 10. Typical - get the error just after purchasing. Another game which cannot be played. Waste of time and money

[Post New]by SandyBasket2000 on Feb 28, 18 4:21 PM
SandyBasket2000 wrote:running Windows 10. In the second chapter, I am stuck in the cave with no way to move forward. The hints tell me there is nothing to do. When I try to move the log, I am getting a message that I need leverage. The log is there and I have no item that will move it. I have a barrette, a valve and one amulet part. There are no indications on the map of anyplace else to go.

I followed the advice to start over with a new profile and it worked. I ended up with a broom that I didn't have before and that changed everything. I usually just buy and don't bother with the trial version, so I have not had this issue before.

ethan1404
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ethan1404 on Feb 28, 18 11:00 PM
Also unable to give the healing potion to the witch. Running Windows 10 too and my drivers are always up-to-date! Think it's time a "fix" was posted as we all would like to play/finish the game, which actually, BFG, you are usually very good at doing so hopefully, we'll see one real soon

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 1, 18 10:05 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for letting us know there's been trouble healing the witch. If the aforementioned troubleshooting tips (including start a new profile) have not resolved the situation, please, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so we can better collect information helpful for reporting such issues to the proper teams. Thank you so much, everyone, for your patience and understanding.

If there are additional questions or concerns, please reach out to one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

jwock
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by jwock on Mar 2, 18 4:09 PM
Re: healing potion for witch. I had this problem as well but it may be because the logic of the game is wrong. basically you can actually make the healing potion before inspecting the witch with the lens. Have you tired using the diagnostic lens to get the ingredients (even though you already have them - i know, illogical but there you go). Use the lens and then try giving the already-made potion to the witch.

ethan1404
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ethan1404 on Mar 2, 18 10:55 PM
Thanks jwock .... did as you suggested and yes, logic is wrong but after using the diagnostic lens, I was able to give the witch the healing potion. Great .... can now move on. To all others who have had this problem, try it ..... it works!

Good pick-up jwock .... I forgot about using the lens due to the fact I already had the ingredients and was then able to make the potion. Wonder if this game was beta-tested as surely this glitch would've been found????

Go to: