Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Enchanted Kingdom: Fog of Rivershire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 22, 18 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/22/2018 at 8:18:27 AM PST

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Enchanted Kingdom: Fog of Rivershire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by crypsynight on Feb 22, 18 7:14 AM
The first in the series was enjoyable. The second much the same as the first, making it less appealing, By the third game it becomes a bit tedious. Nothing original. Puzzles and hidden object were very mainstream and average.
Think i will give it a miss.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Enchanted Kingdom: Fog of Rivershire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Feb 22, 18 7:26 AM
Domini Games are really repetitive. I totally agree w/ crypsynight!
On one hand I need a new game, on the other don't wanna be bored to death! I'm gonna wait on this one! Don"t feel like wasting my money!!!!!!
I'm curious? I beta tested some really good games, were the heck are they!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 22, 18 8:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Enchanted Kingdom: Fog of Rivershire Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Enchanted Kingdom: Fog of Rivershire Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Enchanted Kingdom: Fog of Rivershire Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Feb 22, 18 6:54 PM
Did not last the entire demo. This is a repeat of the other games. At first I thought I was playing the same one I did before. Once again you are a healer with a healing kit on the side having to mix potions and having to get them in the exact correct order (you can skip) or you have to do it over and over again....no thank you. You examine someone with the lens...sound familiar? You have a rusty axe to oil....a hacksaw to fix...oiling something else with a lemon...a door to fix with a log and putting a pin in the hinges... starting a fire with a flint and some flammable liquid...and too many other mundane tasks of putting things together, finding this and that to put here and there. You've done it thousands of times.

Indicates in the Extras that there are 17 puzzles....17 mini games (both re playable). Well, let me tell you, there are going to be many more puzzles than that, that they have thrown in as extras. I did 2 hos (nothing spectacular) and there was a puzzle at every turn. I lost count of them and gave up. Got tired of using a skip. It's not worth it.

The Extras is an attractive area. You collect 15 eggs and in your Collectibles room, you click on the egg to crack it and an animal appears (so cute). You collect 15 medallions that describe the characters....ooohhhh. You collect 76 coins to buy things in your Magic Laboratory...awesome and fun. These collectibles are designated in the lower right hand corner of your screen by the inventory bar and glows when there is one in that area to collect. The numbers of how many you have collected and how many there are to get will appear on the upper left side as you find them.

Some of the achievements are....what can I say...out of this world. You'll know what I mean when you get there.

Sorry, but I will be taking a pass on this one. If I want to play a duplicate game, I will one of the others I already have.

Edited on 02/22/2018 at 8:15:19 PM PST

[Post New]by wilcoxf on Feb 23, 18 1:32 AM
Many glitches in this game, slow, sticky game play, skips took too long to activate. Nothing new, pretty boring, same old annoying puzzles that were passe a year ago. Would not recommend.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 23, 18 8:52 AM
I have trialed the first two in this series and bought them on sale. I haven't got around to playing them yet.
After I trialed this one I wanted to keep going. So I will end up buying it on sale. This maker is puzzle heavy but I didn't see that you couldn't skip if you wanted to. I like the story and the graphics of this maker so I'll put up with too many puzzles. I play for the hops but I'll try some puzzles.

Edited on 02/23/2018 at 12:31:53 PM PST

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Feb 23, 18 3:35 PM
I couldn't even make it through the demo. Played the other versions of this game and this one is just like those. Nothing new... same old stuff I've played before. Nothing grabbed me so it's a no buy for me. Sorry.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 24, 18 10:39 PM
Based on demo only: I really love it! The mini-games are creative and imaginative with clear instructions, there is an option to play Match-3 instead of the HOS, the HOS are varied in format, the plot (storyline) is good, the dialogue is not excessive and gives us the plot as it unfolds, the music is good and the graphics are beautiful. The interactive map has an option to show where collectibles are still not found. Many mini-games have a difficulty option of "Easy" or "Hard". This game gives players lots of options and flexibility.

I thoroughly enjoyed the entire demo and will be purchasing. Thank you devs for a truly enjoyable game!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Feb 26, 18 1:51 PM
Hello friends! Welcome to another addition to this series. As always, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story line to others who do a much better job than I. Graphics are fairly clear and nice, except when going in and out of close ups and cut scenes, then a bit blurry, as usual. Game play was very nice and I had not glitches or problems during the demo. Colors are very clear and bright, without being blinding. Animation is very well done, except for a little during the opening scene, when the mouth didn't quite match the dialog. Music was quite soothing and very nice background sound. Voices are well done and are age and character appropriate. There wasn't a tremendous amount of character interaction, but enough. Yes, we still heal people infected with the crystal disease, and have the diagnosis lens. Personally, I'd prefer that we just find the written ingredients and forget the lens. I do like using the healer kit, though. I think I'm finally getting the hang of it, as I managed to only have to place items twice to get it correct. Sound FX are nice when we had them. A little more would have really perked up this game.

HOPs are varied and very well done, with silhouettes, interactive lists, highlighted words, and place items in the scene. The scenes are fairly clear and uncluttered and items are not difficult to find. You can switch to a match 3 if you prefer. Puzzles were fairly simple, and you can choose between easy and hard. This addition was not overrun with HOPs or puzzles, but had enough to break the monotony of straight game play. As usual, this game has my favorite map. Areas are clearly identified and you can choose to have it tell you if you have missed a collectible or not. The hint system is very helpful, but it doesn't have the usual transport popup. When you need to transport, the map opens and it shows you where the next area is open. There is a lot of back-tracking, so this is a big time saver. Strategy guide is the usual and easy to follow.

We have a lot of varied collectibles to find in this addition. We need to find 15 medallions, which are not all that easy to find as you think; 76 coins to buy items for our medical laboratory, which are very easy to miss, and 15 various figurines, which are fairly large but easy to overlook. Love it when we have lots of collectibles to find.

I really like how this series picks up where the last one left off. Yes, same story, but still interesting and fun. I didn't see any "inter dimensional" travel, so hopefully we don't have the bright lights we had in the last one. This game is not exceptionally challenging, but I found it interesting enough to want to play it out, and I really like the collectibles. Even at that, I gave it a 4.25 on my rate scale. I think all levels of players will find this one a nice game. Yes, I am adding it to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

Go to: