simmi36
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

"helping" zoom ins

[Post New]by simmi36 on Feb 22, 18 5:50 AM
Hi,

I am playing in relaxed mode and the game constantly zooms in on coins or other places.

I am at level 30 now and this starts to grate on my nerves. It feels like I'm playing too slow for this game. Not very relaxing at all.

Does anybody know if I can get rid of this "help"?

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

Re:"helping" zoom ins

[Post New]by FRHgames on Feb 22, 18 8:32 AM
unfortunately there is no way to get rid of these hints other than direct editing of you profile

simmi36
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by simmi36 on Feb 22, 18 9:22 AM
Thank you, this actually seems to have worked

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Feb 22, 18 9:41 AM
Actually, I see that there are a number of people who find pop up hints too intrusive.
We will think about a solution shortly, but let me explain.

The puzzle nature of the game forces us to make some internal analysis of what player is doing. Usually you should remove obstacles one by one as a sequence.
If the game see that an obstacle wasn't removed for a too long time, it interprets is so that the player just has stuck and don't understand what to do next.

Such hints appears several time just because the player can accidentally close it.

We can't just switch them off because there are too many levels where player can stuck and just stop playing or skip this level.

So, in our next project we will definitely pay a special attention to those who prefer a slower pace, but now just let us some time to think of what we can do...

simmi36
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by simmi36 on Feb 22, 18 9:57 AM
I normally don't have a problem with hints like this but they were way too often.

Shortly before I opened the thread, I played one level and was interrupted 5 times.

I don't know how others feel about this, but perhaps you could give the player a little more time until the hint shows what to do.

And you could include the possibility to switch them off. And if the player gets stuck, there would still be the possibility to switch them back on.

On another note. Thank you for checking in the forum and helping us. Not many creators do.

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Feb 22, 18 11:03 AM
I really hope that we could skip that "help". I played all the other games so I dont need it.

simmi36
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by simmi36 on Feb 22, 18 12:05 PM
The tip with editing the profile file works.

I don't get the hints anymore.

I'm not sure if I should post here what I did, but if you want to know just send me a PM.

Eggnoggin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Eggnoggin on Feb 26, 18 11:54 AM
I agree, the helpful hints should have an option to turn them off. The fun of puzzles is figuring them out! It's a bad sign when a game makes me yell "I KNOW!" at the screen. :-)

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Feb 26, 18 9:26 PM
Just to note that devs are reading all above and in our next project we'll make some changes in our hint system.
Thanks for your feedback!

geobabe1
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by geobabe1 on Mar 1, 18 11:16 AM
I agree that the hints are too obtrusive. It's pretty annoying when I'm working my way toward a coin that's well buried, or trying to create a bomb to clear blocks or whatever and having the game interrupted repeatedly. It would be nice if we could turn those off in the options, or switch to a hint button that you can use during the game, rather than have them come up automatically.

P.S. To the devs, I'm really glad to see you're reading and responding to these messages. With some games, you see the same complaints being posted over and over with no response, so thank you for that!

Edited on 03/01/2018 at 11:18:36 AM PST

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Mar 1, 18 8:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback!
We're reading forums and every next project we're taking steps to change the next game in order to prevent issues.

We'll definitely change pop up hints in our next game in order to prevent issues posted above.

[Post New]by DavyRavenhorst on Mar 4, 18 8:40 PM
Hi fishies:

I also am running into the same hint issue as eveyone else is having...

I turned off the hints in the profiles.dat file but they still keep reappearing every 15-30 seconds!! I am sooo sick and tired of these annoying hints !! FRHgames, you seriously need to fix this in the next Cursed House game (or any other Match 3 game) !! They just take all the fun away from the game every single time they come up then you have to click it off to continue playing !! Grrr...

PS: FRHgames and simmi36, I've also sent you PMs about this hint system as well...

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Mar 4, 18 9:18 PM
thanks! As I said, it will be definitely changed in the next game.

Go to: