lizpetals
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Is there still that glitch about the gloves at Margaret's house?

[Post New]by lizpetals on Feb 22, 18 6:14 PM
Hi all, I quit my game about 2 years ago because I got that darn gloves glitch have they fixed it? If not how do I avoid it and are there any others to avoid? Thanks!!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Is there still that glitch about the gloves at Margaret's house?

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 22, 18 7:51 PM
I don't believe it has been fixed. But this is only my first time playing ART. I did a lot of reading before proceeding and so far have been successful thanks to all the documentation from players.

What I did is play the Doll Shop a lot to build up collection items from it whenever possible. Once I got the quest to get the gloves I NEVER went back to SD, nor did I do any quest requiring to go to the Doll Shop UNTIL I reached level 32. After reaching level 32 I went ahead and completed getting the gloves and then Georgia IMMEDIATELY after to use the gloves. Make sure you have enough energy to do this and DO NOT close your game until you USE the gloves in GA.

For all other quests to open mini-scenes I don't go get the item until I have both enough energy to get the item(s) AND can immediately use the items without closing the game - just to be safe.

I'm now in the process of getting the missing paintings.

If you have any other questions on the gloves or any other parts of the game you can look in the Helpful Links for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' thread found on the front page of this forum. I've been in there a lot and have avoided every pitfall so far because of it.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 22, 18 7:53 PM
To add something else...

Here is a guide to opening mini-scenes. It doesn't cover all of them but it is very helpful in getting a heads up on a few.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/553619.page#6218847

IfOnlyYou
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by IfOnlyYou on Feb 22, 18 8:57 PM
I'm not exactly sure I am in the right place for this question, but I am in the middle of playing the Valentine's event, or rather, ending it. I got a new computer and instead of transferring my account to this one, where I go by IfOnlyYou1, sorry guys, I wanted to at least underline my name but it would not let me.. and since I am telling you my name I might as well ask anyone who reads this and needs another friend, that my code is 2759 9513, and by the way, I am also LuvsOldRose, on my old computer, where I managed to get as far as getting to the door of the AES without running to any glitch. I did, however make a mistake in the Apple Orchard, by probably closing the quest in progress or not noticing that I had not opened the gate in the orchard and I never was able to get it back, and since I was already almost getting to the other countries and had passed Margaret's House, I was advised to just leave it that way. AsLuvOldRose I have pretty much arrived to the end of any progress in the game, although, like many others who play, I still hang around and want to either play by doing the auction, or finishing the events, which I am doing on the other computer, or redoing what I can... But I don't think we can redo anything if we lose the item we need to open any part of the game.. we just need to live with it... Am I right? On that round I made it to level 64... on the new one, I am not on level 32

Well I hate to admit that I am a perfectionist or have OCD, but not finishing that quest and not being able to get all the rewards and bring them to Odin's warehouse upset me so I thought I'd start over.

Well, as IfOnlyYou1, things went faster, because of course my other "me" helped and I knew more, however, somehow right around the time where Valentine's came around I also got to the point where I needed to open Captain Matthew's house in Connecticut, and I took too long to get to his key and although I never closed anything I could not open the house.

So I just wanted to confirm this, before I start over... I see that there are a lot of things I can't finish because I cannot retrieve the hammer, the tassle, the bolt cutter, and I can't even get to the table in the restaurant, that I don't even think I will be able to finish this Valentine's event... If I recall, if I start over I will lose all my gold, my coins and collections, correct? Almost makes me want to start with another name and email address... Can someone please advise?

IfOnlyYou
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by IfOnlyYou on Feb 22, 18 9:07 PM
Sorry, I guys I meant I am now on level 32 but have not reached the part about the glove glitch, as of yet... I just hate that on this computer I probably won't be able to complete all without a glitch, if you will... Also have not come across the new chocolate box and now it's midnight and because I can't move forward, probably lost the chance to complete all my candy challenge... Although I did get my 40 gold coins...

lizpetals
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lizpetals on Feb 24, 18 12:02 AM
Thank you silver hawk. If only you, I am only restarting I dont know the answer you should make your own post to the group and maybe simplify your question a bit. Pretty sure I read somewhere about what is kept or not if start over but I dont remember it. Good luck!

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Feb 24, 18 3:09 AM
I have copied these instructions from another post how to do a restart without losing coins, gold and collections:
"
Turn on game, log in
Disconnect from internet
Hit NEW GAME under the gear on top right side of main screen.
Play a few of the quests
Reconnect to the internet

You will lose all building supplies, inventory items, upgrades, and resources

THERE IS NOT GUARANTEE this will work but several others report it works. If steps are not followed exactly it will not work and you will lose the coin, gold, and collectibles.
"
Before you do this, use up all your resources, food and keepsakes to win useful collectibles.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Feb 24, 18 3:12 AM
The glitch is still there.
No changes have been made to this game since May 18, 2015, and no updates will be done anymore. Further development of this game has been abandoned.

IfOnlyYou
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by IfOnlyYou on Feb 24, 18 7:34 PM
Thanks for the response, Dirk_Tee! I am not sure I understand the instructions. By disconnecting from the internet, does it mean to log off the computer? Or am I misreading the instructions?

First thing that came to mind was to turn off the router, but then I thought that if I could just click on disconnect from the internet on the internet options from windows then that would make it simpler.

I was thinking of just transferring the coins to another account but of course you can't do that with keepsakes or with resources. And the collectibles could be auctioned off, if they were extra. Am I thinking right?

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 24, 18 8:50 PM
I believe what Dirk_Tee is saying is...

First, you need to log into your game and stay logged in. Do not log out of your game or shut down your computer.

Second, disconnect from the internet, either by turning it off in windows settings, unplugging the Ethernet cable from your computer/laptop, or disconnect the wireless router. This way the game cannot access the games server. You should not be able to access the auction or friends list when the game is disconnected from the internet.

Third, now that your in the game and then unplugged from the internet hit New Game as instructed by Dirk_Tee, play a few quests, then reconnect back to the internet. You will know you're reconnected if you can access the friends list and auction.

In a new game when you don't have the auction house available to access the auction you still can by going to your collectibles, click on any item from any collectible collection, then select to look in auction. If you are connected to the internet you will be able to view items that are for sale.

[Post New]by wcard21 on Feb 28, 18 4:20 PM
"You will lose all building supplies, inventory items, upgrades, and resources" when you say you will lose all upgrades is that just the building upgrades? Or does that include all of the items I purchased inside my antique shop as well? I have spent a lot of money on my shop and I am not sure if it is worth it to start over. But, I hate not being able to complete quests/collectibles. I assume your rank starts over as well?

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Feb 28, 18 4:56 PM
Yes, you will lose all supplies, resources, upgrades as mentioned, but you retain collections, gold and coins. These enable you to get through the quests, level up, and upgrade your buildings and mini games. You will be starting at level one.

If you are going to attempt a restart using Dirk's instructions, there are things you can do to get your game ready.

How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 25, 15 3:51 PM
Use up your fuel by flying to Spain. (you can earn collectibles that can be redeemed for gold)

Or, use up your fuel flying to the 1 fuel countries. You will receive collectibles that AFTER THE RESTART can be assembled and you'll have stars available for the fix the plane quests and you'll start off the buildings quests with a supply of fuel.

Use up your stars playing the arcade (you can earn gold)

Check your collectibles and note which sets will give you buildings supplies and mini game resources.

Then proceed to get as many collectibles in those sets as you can by using your mini game resources and food.

Be sure to use keepsakes that increase the number of coins you receive.

Basically use up what won't be kept anyway, but fill your collections that will give you fuel, mini game resources, building supplies, and coins. Just don't turn them in until after the restart. I think you will be surprised at how quickly you progress.

Oh, and don't run into Margret's gloves again until Atlanta is open.

mistybear
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by mistybear on Mar 20, 18 2:18 PM
How do I use up the building supplies and my inventory supplies, as from what you are saying if I do a restart I am going to lose those items? Some of the resources I know I can use in mini games but where do you use the other resources.

I do have stars and can't remember what else.

I have over 200 lumber, don't see how to use those up as if I upgrade I will lose the upgrade anyway.

All collectibles will be kept?

We will lose our friends as well and have to refriend them?

Can we use same username as in the game having problem, since we are restarting?

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 21, 18 5:27 AM
mistybear[b], you will not keep building supplies and you are correct...no point in using them up. But you can try to fill those collections under the Platinum tab that reward 50 of each supply.

The building supplies for the Museum compound come from flying to the countries. You won't keep these either but by using up your fuel now you will be filling the collections for each country under the purple AES tab. Each collection will reward 1 fuel and 1 star.

All other resources are used in the mini games. So play Teodi's 7 for those cameos! LOL

So, yes, all collectibles should remain. There have been many players who have also kept friends, but to be on the safe side, you could message them in the game that you will be restarting (in case they don't read the forum) and get their IDs. If your friends remain, you will still need to invite some for the achievement again.

I was a victim of Margret's gloves 3 years ago, which is how I found the forum even existed. We didn't know about the restart to keep your "stuff". I couldn't keep my name so merely added a 2 to the end.

Edited on 03/21/2018 at 5:30:26 AM PST

mistybear
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by mistybear on Mar 28, 18 5:17 PM
Am fixing to do a restart and when I clicked on new game, it came up with are you sure as you will lose all progress and gold, but from what I read in the forums, you would keep coins, collections and gold. Do I click on yes and will I still have gold? I would hate to lose my gold as I have 340 gold. It takes a while to gain that many, also don't want to lose coins as I have a whole lot of them. Thanks.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 28, 18 7:21 PM
mistybear, have you done the restart yet? I hate that no one was able to answer you, but hopefully you PMed someone. If not, as long as you had logged into the original game, COMPLETELY DISCONNECTED FROM THE INTERNET, started new game, played a little, then reconnect, you should see your coins, gold and collections AFTER re-connection.

Go to: