schocho

[Post New]by schocho on Feb 23, 18 10:46 AM
looks like a bunch of hackers got onto this forum again-will it hurt my computer if I opened one by mistake? Running Windows 7 64 bit OS

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:schocho

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 23, 18 12:07 PM
Hello schocho,

I definitely understand the trepidation about the spam posts and the concern that opening one may cause trouble. I wanted to swim by real fast to help with this concern and clarify some of the activities we take here on the forums to help make our player's safer.

Before I continue, I wanted to clarify that the spam posts themselves do not pose a direct threat, since only the Forum Mods are the only posters able to post clickable links. The presence of spam posts in the Forums does not indicate a security breach and does not afford spammers any access to secure information that is stored by our company. To maintain security, do not visit any of the links in the spam posts, or contact any email addresses or phone numbers that are listed in them.

For more information regarding this persistent issue, please see our announcement here:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - May 24, 2017

We definitely understand the frustration and concern that these posts can cause, and ask players to contact our active Moderators instead of creating new posts discussing spam. Creating a new thread discussing spam is not only against our Forum Rules, it also pushes content that players would like to interact with further down the page, making our forums less accessible. We thank players for being sure to help us out by discussing posts that break the rules with moderators privately, rather than to create new threads discussing threads that break the rules.

Since this is discussing spam posts, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. Thank you for your understanding and time. Don't hesitate to get in touch with our moderators should there be further questions or concerns, or if there is a thread that seems suspicious. We are happy to swim by and will be sure to follow up with any appropriate actions if necessary.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: