bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Your Comments and reviews for Be a King 2

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 27, 10 10:10 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Be a King 2? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and reviews in this thread! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

-bfgZambezi

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

Re:Your Comments and reviews for Be a King 2

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jun 27, 10 1:07 PM
UT OH, no comments or reviews yet? Well, DL now, will try it.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 27, 10 1:13 PM
Not much into strategy games myself. Just checking the reviews to see if I'm off base to skip downloading this one...

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Jun 27, 10 1:24 PM
So far l find the |tutorial a bit long.
l'll continue all those 6 levels.

[Post New]by cleobratra on Jun 27, 10 1:39 PM
Downloaded and would have liked to pay, cuz I enjoyed the 1st game however keep recieving error message:

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs. These types of attacks can harm your programs and files.

DEP can help protect your computer by monitoring your programs to make sure that they use system memory safely. If DEP notices a program on your computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies you.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jun 27, 10 2:15 PM
OK, Just finished the hour demo. Tutorial was long but once you are on your own pretty easy to do what your tasks are. I zipped thru this demo for I found this to be a very easy game. Village could have been a bit larger and lots of enemies to defeat.
On the left of the screne while in game play, there were these little scrolls that could open which can benefit in obtaining more gold, revenue, etc.
All in all, I was not impressed. Too easy and found it to be boring after playing 30 minutes. Not my cup of tea, will not be purchasing this one.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 27, 10 7:01 PM
This is a pretty good time management game is alot like build a lot. since I own 2 of those games and havent completed the 2nd one I bought, I doubt I will buy this one. It is an ok game but I don't like time management any more - getting too old to get this frustrated LOL! Happy gaming fishies!

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on Jun 28, 10 12:45 AM
I LOVED the first one so this is a definite buy for me. In fact, I think I gave an unmanly squeel when I saw this was the new game. Well, maybe it was a manly squeel, perhaps even a macho squeel. Anyway, I've just filled my six for the month so I'm waiting til the first to purchase.

The first one was fairly easy but, for me, incredibly addictive. I'm just hoping this one is a little longer and offers a few new ideas.

[Post New]by Dixi37 on Jun 28, 10 5:19 AM
Leanda1 wrote:This is a pretty good time management game is alot like build a lot. since I own 2 of those games and havent completed the 2nd one I bought, I doubt I will buy this one. It is an ok game but I don't like time management any more - getting too old to get this frustrated LOL! Happy gaming fishies!

Hi Leanda

I own build a lot as well. And I just finished the trial on this one.
In this one you don't have to play in timed mode. In order to enter time mode, you'd have to check a little box on the upper left corner. If you leave it alone, there will be no time pressure for any of the tasks at hand. So you could just take your time ;-)

[Post New]by Dixi37 on Jun 28, 10 5:34 AM
Slite wrote:I LOVED the first one so this is a definite buy for me. In fact, I think I gave an unmanly squeel when I saw this was the new game. Well, maybe it was a manly squeel, perhaps even a macho squeel. Anyway, I've just filled my six for the month so I'm waiting til the first to purchase.

The first one was fairly easy but, for me, incredibly addictive. I'm just hoping this one is a little longer and offers a few new ideas.

Hi Slite

Just play the trial and you'll find quite a few differences.
I only played both trials ( First Be a King & # 2) to them, to compare them to see which one I might purchase and I found them to be quite different. Similar, as they, of course, have the same basic building idea. But the set up is different and seems to offer various tasks at hand on a level the previous version didn't have. (At least from what I could tell from the trial period so far.)

I'm just wondering which version offers the over all highest amount of levels to play? Be A King or Be a King 2 ?

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Jun 29, 10 5:10 AM
Very cute Graphics and Scenery. I like it! Could play it for hours.

Definitely a buy for me!

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Jun 29, 10 8:39 AM
General recommendation: Buy.

I really liked this game. Nice graphics, relaxing music, and best of all, you have a relaxed mode. There are still awards to win for finishing quickly but you don't need to worry about losing the game. The tutorial has a lot of voice over which I love since it immerses me in the game. You can click to skip the voices if you wish after reading the text.

This is a short review for me but I think playing the demo will tell you more than I could.

nanny2x2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by nanny2x2 on Jun 29, 10 9:48 PM
Since this isn't really my favorite type of game, there was nothing
in the hour demo to get me excited enough to buy it.

Lazzarith
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Lazzarith on Jun 30, 10 7:56 PM
Sorry, I just couldn't get past the sample image for this game:

http://games.bigfishgames.com/en_be-a-king-2/screen1.jpg

Your have no enough soldiers
to save your city. Build a
barracks to increase the town
safety!

Does anyone proof these games for grammar and spelling?

RuthieJo
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by RuthieJo on Jul 2, 10 12:04 AM
I played the demo, then bought the game last night.

Tonight I finished the game. I enjoyed playing it and left the timed mode on.

I only had trouble with the next to the last level, but came to the forums and
found the answers real quick.

I was sort of disappointed when the game ended. I was wishing it had been longer.

I own all of the build a lots but I think it's the second one, because I didn't like
it. I don't think this game is much like them at all.

The only thing I would like, when Be a King 3 comes out, is the ability to move buildings.

I'd also like to be able to add more plots if I need them to build on.

Svengoolie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Svengoolie on Jul 3, 10 1:20 AM
I played through my hour, got cut off, and just had to buy it. I've never been into this kind of game before but I loved this. I've been playing it all night. The 4th of July sale made it easier to commit to the buy too! I just hope it isn't too short. I guess I'm at 48% right now and still have had no problem getting gold on every level.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Jul 3, 10 1:46 AM
Is there going to be a Walkthrough for this game?

[Post New]by Rainfire on Jul 3, 10 7:37 AM
Great game, but the difficulty curve is high everything is easy until you reach the Blanavon level.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jul 7, 10 9:36 PM
Pretty good game. Demoed and bought tonight. It kind of reminds me of My Kingdom for the Princess mixed with Royal Envoy mixed with Caesar III (for PC, if anyone remembers that). You play a King whose job it is to restore various areas and fight off raiders and monsters at the same time. Frankly, that part of the game (having read about it kinda turned me off) but when actually playing, it's not so bad. For the most part, you build the barracks and your soldiers will autofight for you (they use ranged attacks). Some of the more difficult monsters you do have to send out to attack them (lest they ruin your whole town) when mage towers aren't available (mages are able to use powerful spells to take on tougher monsters). I guess there are wizards too which are a one up from mages, but I haven't gotten that far in the game yet. Game is pretty fun and engaging.

I'm not crazy about the clouds covering things and someone mentioned I wish you could move buildings - either that or let ALL buildings uncover the clouds. There's nothing more maddening then building something to advanced levels, only to find it still won't clear the clouds and then you have to destroy (at least you get good cash for it) and rebuild (barracks always seem to do the trick).

I had difficulty at first trying to figure how many farms fed how many people etc but the trick I found is just keep an eye on your "Info", it will tell you how many people you are feeding, how many you are protecting and so on. Forget the advisor guy, he seems to be a bit behind the pace with his advice. I do like that the materials come quickly and also all the bonus challenges you are given (optional) to help you out in each level. They can really make or break the score you get on the level. So far, I have been playing with the timer off (so sue me!!) but maybe someday I'll turn that on.

Seems like the game might end up being a tad shorter than I'd like. Looks like 2 lands (about 20 levels each?) and then tutorial land. Seems more like there should be a 3rd & 4th land but I guess 20 levels per section is more than usual (don't we usually just get about 10?) Maybe the game will take longer than I am predicting to finish. All in all, pretty decent game worth checking out. I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Edited on 07/07/2010 at 9:38:08 PM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jul 10, 10 10:16 PM
MsNona1126 wrote:OK, Just finished the hour demo. Tutorial was long but once you are on your own pretty easy to do what your tasks are. I zipped thru this demo for I found this to be a very easy game. Village could have been a bit larger and lots of enemies to defeat.
On the left of the screne while in game play, there were these little scrolls that could open which can benefit in obtaining more gold, revenue, etc.
All in all, I was not impressed. Too easy and found it to be boring after playing 30 minutes. Not my cup of tea, will not be purchasing this one.

It's NOT easy. The trial period which basically is the tutorial part is so simple it's crazy but once you hit the higher levels just past that it becomes increasingly difficult. I think they need to do something to change the trial... like you have an hour but you can skip and start at a higher point if you want. They would sell more copies of the game that way because players who like the genre but think this game is too easy would see that it really isn't.

Go to: