bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Post any Be a King 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 27, 10 10:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

lovelyrita019
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Re:Post any Be a King 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by lovelyrita019 on Jun 27, 10 10:14 AM
The game won't play~Message Hardware failed to switch to the specified mode.
I have many BF games and never had this problem.

[Post New]by teal464 on Jun 27, 10 10:42 AM
Im having the same problem as lovelyrita019, hardware failed to switch, any idea why, thankyou,

[Post New]by mj_hughes on Jun 27, 10 10:44 AM
I have the same problem as lovelyrita019 and teal464. Any ideas on how to fix this issue would be highly appreciated.

kyrisong1
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kyrisong1 on Jun 27, 10 10:59 AM
I'm having a duh problem, I cannot find the save game anywhere, meaning when I quit I have to start ALL over again. We recently installed Vista and I'm not sure if that is what the problem is, any suggestions??? Thanks, kyri

kyrisong1
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kyrisong1 on Jun 27, 10 11:48 AM
I just deleted the game and reran it, it's saving auto when I quit now, so please igore my post :-) thanks, kyri

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jun 27, 10 12:09 PM
there is a bug with the money.
Even if I have more than enough for materials, say, 650, I can't buy 500 gold worth of wood. Only when it goes up to 900 plus can I. Same thing if I want to buy 2000 gold of wood. I have the money, but it won't let me.

Tovy
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Tovy on Jun 27, 10 1:39 PM
to ALL with hardware problems: Try to install the newest video drivers, the game needs OpenGL. You can try to start the game in DirectX mode - you must edit a file prefs.cs located in (Vista and Win7, I'm not sure about XP) C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\appdata\roaming\Be a King 2\prefs.cs and change the line
$pref::Video::displayDevice = "OpenGL";
to
$pref::Video::displayDevice = "D3D";

indigo_ladybug: I think it's ok - 500 means 500 of wood, not wood for 500 gold. 500 wood costs 1000 gp, 1000 of woof 1900 gp etc.

[Post New]by cleobratra on Jun 27, 10 2:04 PM
Downloaded and would have liked to pay, cuz I enjoyed the 1st game however keep recieving error message:

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs. These types of attacks can harm your programs and files.

DEP can help protect your computer by monitoring your programs to make sure that they use system memory safely. If DEP notices a program on your computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies you.

Norton security

Edited on 06/27/2010 at 4:02:36 PM PST

christina1533
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by christina1533 on Jun 27, 10 9:17 PM
This may sound stupid, but here's my tech problem:

I accidentally saved the changes I made, when I switched the graphics or display type I'm using in game options. There were only two options, and I switched to the other.

Well, the problem is, that now I can't get the game to display at all. It just stays minimized in my taskbar. I can't restore it at all to change the option back. I've even tried uninstalling the game, clearing my history, reinstalling it, and still, nothing.

How can I change my game options in-game if I can't see the game to change them?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!

Tovy
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Tovy on Jun 28, 10 1:19 AM
christina1533: Try to find a directory C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\appdata\roaming\Be a King and delete it

clobratra: I don't know Norton Security well, but maybe the file is corrupted and you can try to reinstall the game, or try to add an exception in the Norton Security.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jun 28, 10 2:04 AM
Tovy,

Thanks for the advice on drivers. Game won't start for me at all, but I still have Windows 2000--hoping DH will upgrade me soon so I can play more games

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Jun 28, 10 8:28 AM
My issue was severe game lag. I did most of the suggestions listed, and now my game will not open at all. Tried reinstalling a number of times to no avail. Rarely ave had this much problem in a game.

Sure wish uninstalls really were uninstalls, because then I could actually start over from the beginning with at least the same problems I had previously.

There is nothing quite like clicking on a game in game manager, and then having it do basically nothing. Very strange.

christina1533
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by christina1533 on Jun 28, 10 11:29 AM
Tovy wrote:christina1533: Try to find a directory C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\appdata\roaming\Be a King and delete it

Tovy,

How long have you been in possession of your god-like status? Is real estate on Mt. Olympus more expensive than condos in Chicago?

In summation: THANK YOU! I didn't even realize this folder existed. You have opened up a new world for me.

Tovy
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Tovy on Jun 28, 10 4:02 PM
kitty1: Try to edit a file prefs.cs in a text editor - I'm not sure where it is on Windows 2000, probably somewhere in a directory C:\Document & Settings\ , on Vista it is in
C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\appdata\roaming\Be a King\prefs.cs (you can try to search it). And try to change a line
to
I'm not sure if it helps, but it can..

NormaNorman: try the same as abowe

christina1533: It was nice to help you!

lovelyrita019
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by lovelyrita019 on Jun 28, 10 4:55 PM
Tovy; I found the file but II don't see a prefs.cs or anyway to change it.
Help please!

Tovy
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Tovy on Jun 29, 10 2:24 AM
You can open it f.e. in WordPad (or any other txt editor). I think that you can find WordPad in all Windows (try in Start->Accessories).

When you run it, drag the file prefs.cs to the top bar; or select Open in the WordPad menu, then select "All Documents" and find the file in the the dialog and open the file.
Modify it, save it and try run the game.

lovelyrita019
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by lovelyrita019 on Jun 29, 10 5:04 PM
Maybe its Windows Vista because I can't play the 1st Be A King either and I did play that game a couple of times.

[Post New]by evey70 on Jun 29, 10 8:34 PM
please help me the game let me play the trail version and as soon as I activated the game it wont let me open it I have widows vista. I think it has something to do with windows vista thinking the game is still on the trial version and I need to allow access some how

[Post New]by jhiquita67 on Jun 29, 10 9:18 PM
Liked the 2st one; excited about the 2nd one. Installed and went to play it and got the Error: Access violation at 0x05FAC200(tried to write to 0x05FAC200) program terminated. I downloaded PC version and am using Vista. I tried the DEP thing and this: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\appdata\roaming\Be a King 2\prefs.cs and change the line
to
too. With no success. Any other advice???

Go to: