AlisonCVS
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Book of Air - disappointed

[Post New]by AlisonCVS on Jun 27, 10 11:22 AM
Considering this was a collectors edition I was disappointed. it was glossy and the game play was good but oh so short - finished it within the day. I fely a bit short changed. There was a very odd bonus chapter that ended very abruptly.
Sorry guys but was a bit of a rip off.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

Re:Book of Air - disappointed

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Jun 27, 10 11:32 AM
Hi AlisonCVS - Welcome to the pond!

I too was disappointed in the game, I so enjoyed the first three, this one was a definate let-down, IMO. I hope that the next ones that come out are better.

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Jun 27, 10 11:35 AM
I had tech issues after about 2/3 through the game. I agree it was easy compared to the first 3, but what I played I enjoyed. Now all I'll get is a refund. What a disappointment.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 27, 10 1:36 PM
I used to be a huge fan of Playfirst and their games.

Things changed, they close their game club to concentrate on spending time making games, however, their interests seem to lie in facebook and iphone games now.

I feel very bad for those that purchased this CE

bzznutzz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by bzznutzz on Jun 27, 10 2:15 PM
I find all the dream chronicle games to be very short. I was disappointed in the last installment so I am undecided on the new "Book of Air" . So far the reviews are not that great.

[Post New]by teach2 on Jun 27, 10 8:11 PM
I too had tech problems about 2/3 way through and was also disappointed in the difficulty. I finished it within a day. Really a let down since I purchased the Collector's Edition having played the previous Dream Chronicles games and enjoyed them.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jun 29, 10 3:17 AM
Hi fishies,

Just a quick note to say I'm going to pop this thread over into the Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition game forum so your feedback can be read by the fishies interested in this game.

If you want to discuss a game with other players and give your opinion, you can do so in the game specific forums. If you need to find the official forum for a game, just click on “All Game Forums” at the top of this page and then type in the game title you’re looking for.

This discussion can be continued here .

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Book of Air - disappointed

[Post New]by tinka07 on Jun 29, 10 4:59 AM
[I agree,I play all the others and this is a shame,just wait of time and money....

They should do somenthing better and not a rubbish like this one...

[Post New]by bigbudda on Jun 29, 10 5:22 AM
I too have all 3 games and thought when I saw this Whoopee, but was very dissappointed with the length, and what was the bonus chapter all about, wasted money on this.

[Post New]by jaxilee on Jun 29, 10 5:43 AM
Oh, me too!!! I couldn't wait for the next one in the series and bought the Collectors
edition with high expectations! What a bummer! I'm an old granny but I buy
all sorts of games and I have rarely been so disappointed in a game, It's the
last time I'll buy a Collectors edition.....what a waste of my hard earned buks!

johnniewhiskey
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by johnniewhiskey on Jun 29, 10 2:55 PM
I played the free trial and was so annoyed by her awful voice that I turned the sound off.

The game ended just as I got to the part where I had to repeat the sequence on the clock and all I could think was "not again" They've used this boring Simon Says in every game so far and it's getting so annoying!!!

I'm glad I didn't buy it.

julie2753
Clownfish
Clownfish
542 Posts

[Post New]by julie2753 on Jun 29, 10 3:08 PM
I quite liked the game but it was really short, i wish i had waited to buy the $6.99 version, I wont but another ce unless i played the demo first. I dont think this game is worth $20. I really loved the other Dream Chronicles thats why i bought this one without a demo.

[Post New]by CaseyStengel on Jun 30, 10 9:49 AM
I agree 100%. I will no longer buy another Collector's Edition again.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 30, 10 10:08 AM
I was very disappointed too .

[Post New]by eklektik on Jun 30, 10 10:49 AM
I bought the game without trying the demo cuz I saw the title Dream Chronicles. I've loved the other Dream Chronicle games and was seriously disappointed by it. I don't really get why they titled it Book of Air, seemed more like the Clockmaker's secrets.
First time I've ever really felt let down by Big Fish.

[Post New]by IMkatonline on Jun 30, 10 12:22 PM
Those of you who have finished the game, I'm stuck at the blue stones section. I've read the strategy guide, gone to KatGames, read other walkthroughs & nothing answers my question. I keep placing the blue stones & they keep going blank. What am I doing wrong? I've placed them in the first slot, & it goes blank. I've placed them in the 3rd slot, as the strategy guide says to place "under" the instrument...all other instruments are under the slots. The 3rd slot instrument is over the stone slot. They all go blank. I agree that paying for the CE is a waste of money & time.
I have all 3 of the others & loved the story line. This game has nothing to do with the first 3 story lines. Is KatGames or PlayFirst going to come out with a game that explains who the new Fairy Lord will be & who is the father of the baby?
I agree that this game is more about the clockmaker & the only reason it's called the Book of Air is because of the air ship. I keep running out of stones before the fuel gauge is filled & have to click the skip game button to refill the meter. I've played cube crasher games before & have been successful at them. This is getting old & I need to find out how to get past this point in the game. Thanks for anyone's help!

eponym
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by eponym on Jul 9, 10 7:27 AM
I felt let down also.
The other Dream Chronicles had so much more to offer. This was a relatively quick play. Whereas I had immersed myself for hours in the earlier parts of the series her with The Book of Air I felt as if I was barely challenged. Too Quick - Too Easy! It was drawn beautifully though.

[Post New]by blue_max on Jul 12, 10 6:52 PM
Very disappointing - too easy and too short. Finished the game but it froze at the end so was unable to access the bonus chapter - seems I have to replay the game and hope it doesn't freeze after the stats come up at the end in order to be able to try the bonus chapter. I found The Chosen Child to be very short also. All those portals but you could only go through a few of them and the game was over! It was more challenging though than this latest one. Won't be jumping to buy any more collector editions or any more Dream Chronicles for that matter unless they develop one that has more to it and is worth the money!

heresay
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by heresay on Jul 13, 10 11:49 PM
My sister & I said the same thing. I am upset I wasted a credit because I really thought this was going to be as amazing as the first 3 were. Such a let down because you did not get to explore like you did in the other games, you really didn't go anywhere & the book was not very helpful & I personally could not stand the voice over actress. I know that sounds mean but I just did not like her voice. I really hope they do some thorough research & look back on the first three games and see what made them amazing!~!

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 11:50:07 PM PST

peony99
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by peony99 on Jul 18, 10 10:29 AM
heresay wrote:My sister & I said the same thing. I am upset I wasted a credit because I really thought this was going to be as amazing as the first 3 were. Such a let down because you did not get to explore like you did in the other games, you really didn't go anywhere & the book was not very helpful & I personally could not stand the voice over actress. I know that sounds mean but I just did not like her voice. I really hope they do some thorough research & look back on the first three games and see what made them amazing!~!

Go to: