Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: The Princess Returns Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 24, 18 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/24/2018 at 10:22:41 AM PST

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: The Princess Returns Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Feb 24, 18 7:24 AM
fix the glitch on first screen. the dog won't pick up the lasso. worked fine on demo. nevermind, after i went back into game i clicked on dog as it was turning around in circles. it finally went after lasso.

Edited on 02/24/2018 at 7:33:21 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: The Princess Returns Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 24, 18 8:00 AM
sparkers2005 wrote:fix the glitch on first screen. the dog won't pick up the lasso. worked fine on demo. nevermind, after i went back into game i clicked on dog as it was turning around in circles. it finally went after lasso.

I had issues picking up the pooch a few times. I also had issues picking up inventory items, sometimes it would grab first try, other times it took several attempts before it would grab the item!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: The Princess Returns Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by revelette on Feb 24, 18 9:55 AM
I have issues with the dog and the gate. I click on the dog put it near the gate on the statue and everywhere else near there and nothing happens.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: The Princess Returns Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 24, 18 10:22 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 24, 18 10:37 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry there have been troubles with getting the dog and interacting with other objects in Royal Detective: The Princess Returns Collector's Edition. Let's see if we can fix these progression blocks.

First I'd recommend checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver is responsible for directing how graphics are displayed, and its developers regularly release new versions to ensure that the game continues running smoothly.

After that, I'd also recommend running the game in Administrator Mode. This will increase the game's permissions and improve its permissions with the computer. The help articles below contain further instructions for these respective processes:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If these suggestions don't fix the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. Thank you for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if new questions arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Feb 24, 18 1:49 PM
revelette wrote:I have issues with the dog and the gate. I click on the dog put it near the gate on the statue and everywhere else near there and nothing happens.

Me too. End of demo after clicking every minuscule spot in that area. 5 minutes in one spot is way over my limit of patience, especially with a dog barking each time you click on him.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 24, 18 4:43 PM
Hello dramajunkie,

Thank you for reaching out. If the suggestions in my previous post didn't fix the game, I'd recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to replace the game. I can definitely understanding why players would want to stop trying to get the dog if it barks every time it's clicked. Your patience is sincerely appreciated.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by sixmilecross on Feb 28, 18 4:45 AM
I am having a problem with the key when we get to the castle where the king is held. I have all three pieces of the key and the broken key but it keeps saying in need all the pieces.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 1, 18 10:47 AM
Hi sixmilecross,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles with the key. This isn't a puzzle I've completed myself, so I'm not sure if there's some missing element. We can definitely go over some troubleshooting in case it's a progression issue with technical issues as its root. For these sorts of situations, we recommend making sure the game as all the resources it may need for its files to work as they should. Steps for this can be found here:

Video Driver Updates

It can also help to start up a new profile since sometimes progression issues stem from something going wrong with the save file for the game. This isn't an ideal solution, of course, and hopefully it isn't one we end up needing to resort to.

Should none of the above take care of the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team. Our Moderators are also available to answer any questions we can, so feel free to PM one of us any time.

bfgArinelle

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: The Princess Returns Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by mom1213 on Mar 2, 18 12:25 AM
I posted this in the forum and received a reply from bfgArinelle to post this tech issue here. This is what I sent:

I bought this game today (did not use game credits). (The trial version downloaded correctly) When I tried to install the game this was the message:

We couldn't install your game because the C rogram Files(x86)\fgsbdzv.exe drive is unavailable. Error Code 912

Can this be fixed?
Thanks
mom1213

I did post this before, but got no response. I will appreciate any help you can give.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 03/04/2018 at 12:14:32 PM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 4, 18 12:17 PM
Hello mom1213,

I apologize if my previous post was unclear in any way. This particular error code is something generally best handled by our Technical Support Team, as it can be difficult to get the necessary information over the forums. If you have not done so already, please contact our Technical Support team by clicking the following link:

Technical Support Team

If there are questions or concerns about this process, please feel free to send me a PM. I'll be happy to help however I can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by scarlettjezz on Mar 30, 18 5:17 AM
I'm in the throne hall, trying to complete the HOP. I'm on the second object, a donut, and no matter how many times I click on and around the donut, I can't pick it up. I've even used the Hint button twice, which indicated exactly the area where I've been clicking. I'm running macOS High Sierra v. 10.13.3. Please help, as I am stuck.

Edited on 03/30/2018 at 5:29:52 AM PST

[Post New]by spark1jigsaw on Mar 31, 18 5:53 AM
can not pick up donut in kings room it is not there used hints and game walk through to yell me where it is but it isnt there

Go to: