Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Royal Detective: The Princess Returns Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 24, 18 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/24/2018 at 10:33:22 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Royal Detective: The Princess Returns Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 24, 18 3:40 AM
I lasted all of 10 minutes before deleting this game. The fidgeting dog, the fidgeting hint person, the American accents again in a game clearly not set in the USA, a heroine named Princess who wasn't royal but presumably her parents thought calling her that was a good idea and a so-called puzzle that the fidgeting dog could have solved; take your pick from this list of reasons why I didn't play any longer.

Pretty graphics and more than one collectible were the only things in the plus column. Not even the SE could tempt me to buy this game.

No tech issues with the d/l or any slowness in the game. Desktop running Win7 Prof.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Royal Detective: The Princess Returns Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Feb 24, 18 4:05 AM
Played for 20 mins and way too many mini games . Not for me .

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Feb 24, 18 5:04 AM
I like the game so far! So much better then Thursdays game! Maybe I'm just desperate for a new game! Ill play a bit & see how it goes! Ive beta tested some really good games, were are they!

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Royal Detective: The Princess Returns Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 24, 18 8:03 AM
This is the fifth one in the series. I have all the others and played all but the last one (Borrowed life). My favorite is The Lord of Statues from 2012.

FYI-This is what I learned from the trial. It has replays of 13 hops, 13 mini-games, 5 music tracks. Achievements, 14 concept art, 14 wallpapers and 3 screensavers. 5 chapters+ bonus chapter. 14 collectibles that are dogs. 30 morphs. (You can find these by looking at the bonus content and index from guide in the trial). The number of collectibles and morphs shows a number of like 1 out of 14 for the dog and so on for the morphs,on the first one you collect.

I didn't find this game easy. The game play was slow going for me. I would get so far and wonder what to do next. This wasn't a tech problems for me, but what do you want problem. Not saying it couldn't be a tech problem for others. Most puzzles were one's I didn't want to do. I didn't mind the in the right sequence. But I don't live for the puzzles. I don't tie my maturity to puzzles either because that a tactic to keep your mouth shut about liking some games. It's abusive and should be reported. This game is not for beginners, just braggers.

I counted in the trial, 11 puzzles, 4 hops and 2 mini-hops. The hops are ok but not lovely. It's too many puzzles. I think the game is just ok. If I bought it, it would be just to know what happens next. But I won't be rushing out to get it now or at all.

I did like the companion dog named Sheriff. He was well behaved in my opinion. I also like when they keep characters from previous games like our little guy by the hints and others, like the miner.

Edited on 02/24/2018 at 6:43:16 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 24, 18 8:04 AM
angelfish106 wrote:I lasted all of 10 minutes before deleting this game. The fidgeting dog, the fidgeting hint person, the American accents again in a game clearly not set in the USA, a heroine named Princess who wasn't royal but presumably her parents thought calling her that was a good idea and a so-called puzzle that the fidgeting dog could have solved; take your pick from this list of reasons why I didn't play any longer.

Pretty graphics and more than one collectible were the only things in the plus column. Not even the SE could tempt me to buy this game.

No tech issues with the d/l or any slowness in the game. Desktop running Win7 Prof.

...takes a lot of imagination to create a girl named Princess who meets a boy named Prince! Really devs?? I'm an Elephant fan usually, and I loved the first game, the second was close, but the last 3 I will admit that Elephant games does a fantastic job with their graphics tho

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 24, 18 9:42 AM

Lord of Statues this game is not! It's slow moving and at times downright boring. If it weren't for the fact that I love Morphs, and this game has them, I'd have given it only 1 star. @Majestyx12 is spot on with the observation that sometimes you're left wondering what to do or where to go, which I believe is because the plot isn't interesting so it's difficult to pay attention. I too found too many of the puzzles to be uninteresting. I didn't mind the stone dog that much, he's actually adorable (and I'm a dog lover/groomer) although the constant twirling was a bit distracting.

Do yourself a favor and play Lord of the Statues, and pretend this game never happened.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 24, 18 10:26 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Royal Detective: The Princess Returns Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Royal Detective: The Princess Returns Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Feb 24, 18 11:57 AM
Oh my, this one is more than boring and silly! I quit the demo after my stone dog helper with green glowing eyes started spinning around. I don't know if he was supposed to help, or needed to be let out for a wee!

I really don't care if Princess Princess gets together with Prince Prince.

I cannot give this ridiculous "game?" any stars. I will however give it 5 thumbs down and a !

Please, listen to your customers. We need games that challenge us!

Abs

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 24, 18 12:18 PM
What a cookie-cutting bore this game is!

Simplistic, boring, tedious, and a copy of tons of other games out there. No imagination, no originality, and certainly no challenge.

And I don't buy games with helpers ---- left that completely overused element behind a long time ago. And this helper is poorly done ---- just obnoxious.

The excellent graphics might be an appeal to those new to HOPAs, but seasoned gamers will find nothing but the same old, same old here.

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Royal Detective: The Princess Returns Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Feb 24, 18 12:26 PM
Majestyx12 wrote:

But I don't live for the puzzles. I don't tie my maturity to puzzles either.

Excellent statement

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 24, 18 4:11 PM
MissAbby wrote: I don't know if he was supposed to help, or needed to be let out for a wee!

haha that's funny

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Feb 24, 18 6:15 PM
Yes, this one is a real dog....along with a barking dog helper and collectible dog statues... it's dog do deluxe.

There is a very annoying pirate by the hint who is doing "the jerk" like he just swallowed a bag of jumping beans. It is very distracting.

Gameplay and the story is juvenile. Yeah, you have to find and put together bolt cutters...even find the screw....and the best part was having to collect oil to get rid of that rust...you know what I mean. The best task was using a pair of knitting needles to retrieve a piece of coal out of a burning fire place. Now that was different and new, don't you think?

Another annoyance are all the bubbles floating around like it's the Lawrence Welk show.

The hint transports...very helpful...and the map transports...which I resorted to using a lot because there is so much going back and forth, I didn't know if I was coming or going. There is numerous inventory to collect and put together. Much of the inventory you have to use in the overwhelming amount of puzzles.

The Hos were so poorly done...one story book where you match the words to pictures ( haven't we had enough of those?). One was a mini with very few items to find...I think 8 or so. The last one was so dark, a list find that you could hardly see the items...no effort put into these at all. You just breeze right through them. Maybe they are making the hos so dimly lit so it will take you longer to find the items. It is not enjoyable at all.

The main reason of all and why I will not be buying this game, not even in a SE is because of the over abundance of mini/game puzzles. One right after another. I did not even finish the demo because of it. I don't buy a game to do puzzles....and absolutely refuse to waste my time and money with games like this.

Edited on 02/24/2018 at 7:50:22 PM PST

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Feb 25, 18 6:48 AM
I needed a new game to play, so I did buy this one. Not SO bad. Sure, they are better games out there but I'm enjoying this one. The dog spinning around does get a little irritating after a while... good thing I really love dogs and he's cute. I played all the other Royal Detective games and those were great games.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Feb 25, 18 10:12 AM
I finished the game. Didn't mind it. My ONLY peeve - this developer does NOT allow for one to go back & find anything that was missed. Some developers include this in their games. I missed 4 of the 3 morphing objects - can't go back and find those that I missed. Unfortunately, the game was not exciting enough for me to replay to try and find those 4 items.

Oh well - maybe one day ALL developers will include this feature in their games.

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Donq47 on Feb 26, 18 7:13 AM
Not for me. As usual from this developer nothing that even resembles a continuous plot or story line. Just a seemingly endless line of do this, do that. chores galore. Boring. for me anyway. And here we go again, another helper with the dog. So 2014. Not to mention this one won't even sit still out of the way. Enjoy if this is your cup of tea but for me it's strictly castor oil.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Mar 5, 18 11:20 AM
I was enjoying this game at the start, but puzzle-after-puzzle finally got to me.

I usually do not skip puzzles, but in this game, there are just too many. I will play this game to the end, but I will also skip all remaining puzzles, starting in Chapter 4.

The morphing objects and collectible items (they also morph) are good to search for.
The mix of the HOs is nice, search for items, by name, picture, and search/place.

Edited on 03/05/2018 at 11:25:11 AM PST

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Mar 17, 18 9:54 PM
This would be the very first time I can't be bothered playing the bonus game.

The game started off good which is why I purchased it and then it went downhill and to be honest I was bored,

Go to: